Car Accidents Law Firm Centralia, MO
Call 877-51-HKLAW for a Consultation and Case Review.
Car Accidents Law Firm Centralia, MO. Our team of attorneys at Halvorsen Klote are a leading car accidents law firm in Centralia, MO. When the at-fault parties do not want to fairly compensate you for your damages, we will be by your side to fight for you and help you get the compensation you deserve. If you or a loved one has been injured in a car accident caused by someone else's reckless actions, call the car accidents law firm of Halvorsen Klote at 877-51-HKLAW or contact us online.
The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration estimates that there are between five and six million car accidents in the United States every year, resulting in three million injuries. 38,680 people died in auto accidents in the U.S. in 2020, the most since 2007, even though Americans were driving less during the pandemic. While nobody wants to imagine it, your life can change in in a second when other Centralia, MO drivers are not careful while they're on the road. Whether your accident resulted in injuries that will require lifelong treatment, or the reckless driver's insurance company is declining to pay for your emergency medical care, Halvorsen Klote's car accidents law firm will help get you the compensation that you deserve to aid you while you recuperate. As a leading car accidents law firm in Centralia, MO, we are known for our meticulous preparation and attention to detail, and our car accidents lawyers and staff will stay in constant communication with you throughout your case.
Common Types and Causes of Car Accidents in Centralia, MO
Car accidents are complicated and each has its own unique set of circumstances. The attorneys of our Centralia, MO car accidents law firm have experience with helping our clients receive damages in a variety of different car crashes. Some of the most common sorts of car accidents in Centralia, MO are:
- Head-on collisions. These can be the among the most devastating and catastrophic accidents, and usually happen because of negligent or reckless driving.
- Rear-end collisions. These accidents account for about 29% of accidents and usually occur in heavy traffic. They can often result in whiplash or other neck injuries.
- T-Bone collisions. These happen when a car hits the side of another car. These can often cause serious injuries for a passenger or driver.
- Pedestrian collisions. These collisions can be particularly dangerous as pedestrians have little to no protection from the amount of force a vehicle can carry.
- Low-speed collisions. While damage to a vehicle is often minimal in these wrecks, severe injuries can still be incurred. Low-speed collisions often occur in Centralia, MO parking lots, or low-speed areas such as school zones.
- Sideswipe collisions. Also called merging collisions, these occur when someone does not observe their blind spot when merging, or when a driver is not paying attentions and weaves out of their lane. As these regularly happen at high-speeds on the highway, they can cause significant destruction and injury.
- Single car accidents. These happen when a driver does not maintain control of their vehicle, and can often be affected by Centralia, MO weather conditions. They can also be caused by drowsy or impaired driving.
- Multi-Vehicle collisions. These are incredibly dangerous as a car can be hit from multiple angles and directions, and they are often difficult to avoid.
Whatever type of car accident you suffered injuries, property damage, or other damages from, it is sometimes because of negligence on the part of another motorist. Cases of negligence in car accidents include:
- Distracted Driving, for example:
- Texting while driving
- Eating while driving
- Looking at directions
- Changing the radio
- Changing temperature settings
- Driving while drunk or on drugs
- Drowsy or fatigued driving
- Reckless driving
The best method of avoiding causing a crash yourself is to observe the laws and rules of the road in Centralia, MO and pay attention at all times. If you've been injured because of another driver's thoughtless driving, you need the Centralia, MO car accidents law firm of HK Law to fight by your side and get the recovery you're owed. Our car accident lawyers will make sure you are compensated for your personal property damage, medical bills, lost wages, and pain and suffering.
What to Do After a Car Accident in Centralia, MO
Even being involved in a minor accident can be nerve-racking and scary. There are a number of things you should do directly after a car accident and before contacting a car accident law firm:
- Make sure everyone is safe. If the accident is minor, it's a good idea to pull over to the side of the road to get out of the way of incoming traffic. If it is more significant, turn your car off and turn the hazard lights on. Then make sure to seek medical attention for anybody who has been injured. If it looks like a more severe injury, it is best not to move the victim as many car accident injuries involve the neck and/or spine. Call 911 immediately for emergency medical attention if anybody has been injured.
- Call the police. Even if the accident is not serious, a police officer will write a report that will be very useful when making your claim. If the accident was caused by a crime, such as a DWI or reckless driving, the police need to arrive at the scene quickly to gather evidence and arrest the suspect.
- Gather evidence and other important information. You need to get the at-fault driver's personal, contact, and insurance information. It is also important to take photos of the vehicles and the surrounding area for skid marks or property damage.
- Notify your insurance carrier and make a claim with the at-fault driver's insurance. Many insurance companies have stringent regulations about how how much time can pass after an accident before you file a claim. Not filing on time could make your case more complicated.
- Contact HK Law. We are one of the leading car accidents injury law firms in the Centralia, MO area. When you hire us, we will:
- Collect police and accident reports
- Gather evidence from the scene
- Review your medical records
- Find and question eyewitnesses
- Work with car accident experts to determine liability
The personal injury lawyers at HK Law have experience fighting and winning a wide variety of personal injury cases. Check out the links below to see more about the services we offer.
- Injury Claim Lawyer
- Drunk Driving Accident Lawyers
- Auto Crash Attorney
- Truck Crash Lawyers
- Slip and Fall Lawyer
- Personal Injury Attorney
- Wrongful Death Lawyer
- Accident Attorney
- Injury Lawyer
Car Accidents Law Firm in Centralia, MO | HK Law
When you are hurt in a car accident because of someone else's reckless behavior, you require a skilled and accomplished car accidents law firm like HK Law by your side to ensure you are awarded the compensation you are owed. Too many times insurance companies want to give you less money than you are entitled to. Our work ethic, attention to detail and expertise will ensure that you get a fair settlement. If we cannot agree on a fair settlement, we will take your case to court. We charge no upfront fees and you will never pay us a dime unless we win your case. Call us today at 877-51-HKLAW or contact us online to find out more about how the Centralia, MO car accidents law firm of Halvorsen Klote can help you.