Car Accidents Law Firm Madison, IL
Call 877-51-HKLAW for a Consultation and Case Review.
Car Accidents Law Firm Madison, IL. Our team of lawyers at Halvorsen Klote are a leading car accidents law firm in Madison, IL. When the at-fault parties do not want to equitably compensate you for your damages, we will be by your side to fight on your behalf and help you get the compensation you are owed. If you or someone you care about has been affected by a car accident caused by someone else's reckless actions, call the car accidents law firm of Halvorsen Klote at 877-51-HKLAW or contact us online.
The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration estimates that there are between five and six million car accidents in the U.S. every year, which lead to three million injuries. 38,680 people died in car wrecks in the U.S. in 2020, the most since 2007, despite Americans driving less during the pandemic. While nobody wants to imagine it, your life can change in one moment when other Madison, IL people are not careful while they're on the road. Whether your accident caused injuries that will require lifelong treatment, or the negligent driver's insurance company is declining to pay for your emergency room visit, Halvorsen Klote's car accidents law firm will help get you the compensation that you are entitled to to help you while you heal. As a leading car accidents law firm in Madison, IL, we are known for our thorough preparation and attention to detail, and our car accidents lawyers and staff will stay in constant communication with you until the end of your case.
Common Types and Causes of Car Accidents in Madison, IL
Car accidents are complicated and each has its own individual set of circumstances. The attorneys of our Madison, IL car accidents law firm have experience with helping our clients recover compensation in a variety of different auto wrecks. Some of the most common sorts of car accidents in Madison, IL are:
- Head-on collisions. These can be the among the most destructive and calamitous accidents, and are usually caused by negligent or reckless driving.
- Rear-end collisions. These accidents account for about 29% of accidents and usually happen in heavy traffic. They can frequently result in whiplash or other neck injuries.
- T-Bone collisions. These occur when a car hits the side of another car. These can often cause serious injuries for a passenger or driver.
- Pedestrian collisions. These collisions can be incredibly dangerous as pedestrians have little to no way to protect themselves from the amount of force a vehicle can carry.
- Low-speed collisions. While damage to a vehicle is often minimal in these accidents, severe injuries can still happen. Low-speed collisions often occur in Madison, IL parking lots, or low-speed areas such as school zones.
- Sideswipe collisions. Also called merging collisions, these happen when someone does not heed their blind spot when merging, or when a driver is not paying attentions and veers out of their lane. As these regularly happen at high-speeds on the highway, they can result in significant damage and injury.
- Single car accidents. These happen when a driver does not maintain control of their vehicle, and Madison, IL weather conditions often have an effect. They can also be caused by drowsy or impaired driving.
- Multi-Vehicle collisions. These are particularly dangerous as a car can be hit from multiple angles and directions, and they are often hard to avoid.
Whatever type of car accident you suffered injuries, property damage, or other damages from, it is sometimes because of negligence on the part of another driver. Examples of negligence in car accidents include:
- Distracted Driving, such as:
- Texting while driving
- Eating while driving
- Looking at directions
- Changing the radio
- Changing climate settings
- Driving while drunk or on drugs
- Drowsy or fatigued driving
- Reckless driving
The best method of avoiding creating an accident yourself is to observe the laws and rules of the road in Madison, IL and concentrating on the road in front of you at all times. If you've been injured because of another driver's careless actions, you need the Madison, IL car accidents law firm of HK Law to fight for you and get the compensation you're owed. Our car accident lawyers will make sure you are compensated for your personal property damage, medical bills, lost wages, and pain and suffering.
What to Do After a Car Accident in Madison, IL
Even being involved in a minor accident can be nerve-racking and scary. There are a number of steps you should take immediately following a car accident and before contacting a car accident law firm:
- Make sure everyone is safe. If the accident is minor, it's a good idea to pull over to the side of the road to get out of the way of incoming traffic. If it is more significant, turn your car off and turn the hazard lights on. Then you need to seek medical attention for anybody who has been hurt. If it appears to be a more serious injury, it is best not to move the victim as many car accident injuries involve the neck and/or spine. Call 911 immediately for emergency medical care if someone has been injured.
- Call the police. Even if the accident is minor, a police officer will write a report that will be very helpful when making your claim. If the accident was caused by criminal behavior, such as a DWI or reckless driving, the police will want to arrive at the scene quickly to gather evidence and arrest the suspect.
- Gather evidence and other important information. You ought to get the at-fault driver's personal, contact, and insurance information. It is also important to take photographs of the vehicles and the entire scene for skid marks or property damage.
- Notify your insurance carrier and make a claim with the at-fault driver's insurance. Many insurance companies have stringent regulations about how long after an accident you can file a claim. Not filing on time could complicate your case.
- Contact HK Law. We are one of the leading car accidents injury law firms in the Madison, IL area. When you hire us, we will:
- Collect police and accident reports
- Acquire evidence from the scene
- Go over your medical records
- Find and get statements from eyewitnesses
- Work with car accident experts to determine liability
The personal injury lawyers at HK Law have experience fighting and winning a wide variety of personal injury cases. Check out the links below to see more about the services we offer.
- Injury Claim Lawyer
- Drunk Driving Accident Lawyers
- Auto Crash Attorney
- Truck Crash Lawyers
- Slip and Fall Lawyer
- Personal Injury Attorney
- Wrongful Death Lawyer
- Accident Attorney
- Injury Lawyer
Car Accidents Law Firm in Madison, IL | HK Law
When you are harmed in a car accident because of someone else's negligent behavior, you need a knowledgeable and experienced car accidents law firm like HK Law in your corner to ensure you recover the compensation you deserve. Too many times insurance companies try to give you less money than you are owed. Our persistence, attention to detail and savvy will ensure that you get a fair settlement. If we cannot agree on a fair settlement, we will take your case to court. We charge no upfront fees and you will never owe us a dime unless we win your case. Call us today at 877-51-HKLAW or contact us online to find out more about how the Madison, IL car accidents law firm of Halvorsen Klote can help you.