Car Accidents Law Firm O'Fallon, MO
Call 877-51-HKLAW for a Consultation and Case Review.
Car Accidents Law Firm O'Fallon, MO. Our attorneys at Halvorsen Klote are an experienced and knowledgeable car accidents law firm in O'Fallon, MO. When the negligent parties do not want to equitably compensate you for your damages, we will provide you with expert legal representation and help you get the financial recovery you need to truly recover. If you or a loved one has been impacted by a car accident through no fault of your own, call the car accidents law firm of Halvorsen Klote at 877-51-HKLAW or fill out our online form.
The NHTSA reports that there are approximately five to six million car accidents in the United States annually, which lead to three million injuries. there were 38,600 fatalities in car wrecks in the U.S. in 2020, the most since 2007, despite Americans driving less during the pandemic. While it can be hard to imagine, your life can be turned completely upside down in an instant when other O'Fallon, MO people are not careful while they're on the road. Whether your accident caused injuries that resulted in permanent disability, or the at-fault driver's insurance company is declining to pay for your emergency room visit, Halvorsen Klote's car accidents law firm will help get you the compensation that you deserve to aid you in your recovery. As an experienced and hardworking car accidents law firm in O'Fallon, MO, we are known for our meticulous preparation, and our car accidents lawyers and staff will always keep you updated as your claim progresses.
Common Types and Causes of Car Accidents in O'Fallon, MO
Car accidents are complicated|Each. The attorneys of our O'Fallon, MO car accidents law firm have experience with helping our clients investigate and get a financial recovery for many types of car accidents. Some of the most common sorts of car accidents in O'Fallon, MO are:
- Head-on Collisions — These can be the among the most disastrous and calamitous wrecks, and usually happen because of someone driving on the wrong side of the road because they were drunk or distracted.
- Rear-end Collisions — These accidents account for about 29% of accidents and usually happen in condensed traffic. They can frequently result in neck injuries.
- T-Bone Collisions — These occur when the front of a vehicle strikes the side of another. Passengers are often the injury victims in these crashes.
- Pedestrian Collisions — These accidents can be especially dangerous as pedestrians have little to no way to protect themselves from the amount of the mass and speed of vehicles.
- Low-speed Collisions — While you might think these lead to only minor injuries, neck injuries and herniated discs can still happen. Low-speed collisions often take place in O'Fallon, MO parking lots, or low-speed areas such as school zones.
- Sideswipe Collisions — Also called merging collisions, these occur when someone does not observe their blind spot when merging, or when a driver is distracted and swerves out of their lane. As these consistently happen at high-speeds on the highway, they can cause significant devastation and injury.
- Single Car Accidents — These occur when a driver is drunk, reckless, otherwise negligent, or because of O'Fallon, MO weather conditions.
- Multi-Vehicle Collisions — These are incredibly dangerous as a vehicle can be struck multiple times, and they are often hard to avoid.
No matter the circumstances of an accident, it is often the result of negligence on the part of another motorist. Examples of negligence in car accidents include:
- Distracted Driving, for example:
- Texting while driving
- Eating while driving
- Looking at a map
- Fiddling with the radio
- Adjusting climate settings
- Being lost in thought
- Drunk or otherwise impaired driving
- Drowsy driving
- Reckless driving
The best method of avoiding causing an accident yourself is to follow the rules of the road in O'Fallon, MO and concentrate on the road ahead at all times. If you've been injured because of another driver's thoughtless behavior, you need the O'Fallon, MO car accidents law firm of HK Law to fight on your behalf and get the recovery you're entitled to. Our car accident lawyers will make sure your financial recovery compensates you for the full extent of how your injury has affected you.
Steps to Take After a Car Accident in O'Fallon, MO
Even being involved in a minor accident can be jarring and scary. There are a number of things you should do directly after a car accident and before reaching out to a car accident law firm:
- Make sure everyone is safe — If there is no serious damage or injuries, it's a good idea to get out of the way of incoming traffic. If the accident is catastrophic, turn off the ignition and turn the hazard lights on. Then call emergency services and render aid to anyone you are able to. If it looks like a more severe injury, leave the victim still as they may have received an injury to their spine. Call 911 right away for emergency medical care if anybody has been injured.
- Call the police — Even if the accident is not serious, a police officer will write a report that will be very useful when making your claim. If the accident was caused by criminal actions, such as a DWI or reckless driving, the police will want to arrive at the scene quickly to collect evidence and arrest the suspect.
- Collect evidence and other important information — You ought to get the negligent driver's information. It is also important to take photographs of the vehicles and the entire scene to show what might have caused the accident.
- File an insurance claim — Many insurance companies have stringent rules about how long after an accident you can file a claim. Not filing on time could complicate your case.
- Contact HK Law — We are one of the best car accidents injury law firms in the O'Fallon, MO area. When you hire us, we will:
- Gather police and accident reports
- Gather evidence from the scene
- Evaluate your medical records
- Take depositions from witnesses and experts
- Work with car accident experts to determine fault
The personal injury lawyers at HK Law have experience winning a wide variety of personal injury cases. Click on the links below to see what other cases we take on.
- Bike Wreck Lawyer
- What to Do After a Car Accident
- Premises Liability Attorneys
- Automobile Injury Attorney
- Motorcycle Accidents Attorney
- Lawyer for Bicycle Accident
- Pedestrian Accident Lawyer
- Injury Claim Lawyer
- Drunk Driving Accident Lawyers
- Auto Crash Attorney
Car Accidents Law Firm in O'Fallon, MO | HK Law
When you are hurt in a car accident through no fault of your own, you need a skilled and experienced car accidents law firm like HK Law by your side to ensure you are awarded the compensation you deserve. Too often insurance companies try to give you less money than you are owed. Our tenacity, attention to detail and expertise will ensure that you get a just settlement. If we cannot agree on a fair settlement, we will take your case to court. We charge no upfront fees and you will never owe us a penny unless we win your case. Call us today at 877-51-HKLAW or contact us online to find out more about how the O'Fallon, MO car accidents law firm of Halvorsen Klote can help you.
Attorney at Law
Joel Halvorsen and his partner Greg Klote founded the Halvorsen Klote law firm on the principle that injured people and their families should have access to the same quality legal representation as large insurance companies.
Attorney at Law
Greg Klote is a partner and founder of Halvorsen Klote.
Greg has successfully fought for people who were injured through no fault of their own. He became a lawyer to help make a difference in the lives of those who have been wronged and treated unfairly.