Car Accidents Law Firm Wardsville, MO
Call 877-51-HKLAW for a Consultation and Case Review.
Car Accidents Law Firm Wardsville, MO. Our team of lawyers at Halvorsen Klote are a leading car accidents law firm in Wardsville, MO. When the at-fault parties do not want to equitably compensate you for your injuries, we will be by your side to fight for you and help you get the compensation you are owed. If you or a loved one has been affected by a car accident caused by someone else's negligence, call the car accidents law firm of Halvorsen Klote at 877-51-HKLAW or contact us online.
The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration estimates that there are between five and six million car accidents in the United States every year, which lead to three million injuries. 38,680 people died in car accidents in the U.S. in 2020, the highest number of fatalities since 2007, in spite of the fact that Americans were driving less during the pandemic. While nobody wants to imagine it, your life can change in in a second when other Wardsville, MO residents do not follow the rules of the road. Whether your accident resulted in injuries that will need lifelong treatment, or the at-fault driver's insurance company is declining to pay for your emergency medical care, Halvorsen Klote's car accidents law firm will help get you the compensation that you are owed to aid you in your recovery. As a leading car accidents law firm in Wardsville, MO, we have a reputation for our meticulous preparation and attention to detail, and our car accidents lawyers and staff will remain in constant communication with you throughout your case.
Common Types and Causes of Car Accidents in Wardsville, MO
Car accidents are complex and each has its own specific set of circumstances. The attorneys of our Wardsville, MO car accidents law firm have experience with helping our clients collect compensation in a wide array of different auto wrecks. Some of the most common sorts of car accidents in Wardsville, MO are:
- Head-on collisions. These can be the among the most disastrous and calamitous crashes, and are usually caused by negligent or reckless driving.
- Rear-end collisions. These accidents account for about 29% of accidents and usually happen in heavy traffic. They can regularly result in whiplash or other neck injuries.
- T-Bone collisions. These happen when a car runs into the side of another car. These can often cause devastating injuries for a passenger or driver.
- Pedestrian collisions. These accidents can be particularly dangerous as pedestrians have little to no way to protect themselves from the amount of force a vehicle can carry.
- Low-speed collisions. While damage to a vehicle is often minor in these accidents, serious injuries can still happen. Low-speed collisions often take place in Wardsville, MO parking lots, or low-speed areas such as school zones.
- Sideswipe collisions. Also called merging collisions, these occur when someone does not observe their blind spot when merging, or when a driver is not paying attentions and veers out of their lane. As these regularly occur at high-speeds on the highway, they can result in serious damage and injury.
- Single car accidents. These happen when a driver does not maintain control of their vehicle, and Wardsville, MO weather conditions often have an effect. They can also be caused by drowsy or impaired driving.
- Multi-Vehicle collisions. These are incredibly dangerous as a car can be hit from multiple angles and directions, and they are often hard to avoid.
Whatever type of car accident you suffered injuries, property damage, or other damages from, it is frequently because of negligence on the part of another person. Cases of negligence in car accidents include:
- Distracted Driving, which can include:
- Texting while driving
- Eating while driving
- Looking at directions
- Changing the radio
- Changing climate settings
- Driving while drunk or on drugs
- Drowsy or fatigued driving
- Reckless driving
The best method of avoiding creating an accident yourself is to heed the laws and rules of the road in Wardsville, MO and pay attention at all times. If you've been injured because of another driver's reckless actions, you need the Wardsville, MO car accidents law firm of HK Law to fight by your side and get the recovery you're owed. Our car accident lawyers will make sure you are compensated for your personal property damage, medical bills, lost wages, and pain and suffering.
What to Do After a Car Accident in Wardsville, MO
Even being involved in a minor accident can be jarring and frightening. There are a number of things you should do directly following a car accident and before contacting a car accident law firm:
- Make sure everyone is safe. If the accident is minor, it's a good idea to pull over to the side of the road to not obstruct incoming traffic. If it is more serious, turn your car off and turn the hazard lights on. Then make sure to seek medical attention for anybody who has been injured. If it appears to be a more serious injury, it is best not to move the victim as many car accident injuries involve the neck and/or spine. Call 911 right away for emergency medical attention if somebody has been injured.
- Call the police. Even if the accident is minor, a police officer will write a report that will be very useful when making your claim. If the accident was caused by criminal actions, such as a DWI or reckless driving, the police need to be on the scene quickly to collect evidence and arrest the suspect.
- Collect evidence and other important information. You should get the negligent driver's personal, contact, and insurance information. It is also important to take photos of the vehicles and the surrounding area for skid marks or property damage.
- Notify your insurance carrier and make a claim with the at-fault driver's insurance. Many insurance companies have stringent rules about how long after an accident you can file a claim. Not filing on time could complicate your case.
- Contact HK Law. We are one of the best car accidents injury law firms in the Wardsville, MO area. When you hire us, we will:
- Acquire police and accident reports
- Collect evidence from the scene
- Review your medical records
- Find and get statements from eyewitnesses
- Work with car accident experts to determine fault
The personal injury lawyers at HK Law have experience fighting and winning a wide variety of personal injury cases. Check out the links below to see more about the services we offer.
- Injury Claim Lawyer
- Drunk Driving Accident Lawyers
- Auto Crash Attorney
- Truck Crash Lawyers
- Slip and Fall Lawyer
- Personal Injury Attorney
- Wrongful Death Lawyer
- Accident Attorney
- Injury Lawyer
Car Accidents Law Firm in Wardsville, MO | HK Law
When you are hurt in a car accident through no fault of your own, you need a knowledgeable and accomplished car accidents law firm like HK Law by your side to make sure you are awarded the compensation you are owed. Too often insurance companies try to give you less money than you are entitled to. Our work ethic, attention to detail and savvy will ensure that you get a fair settlement. If we cannot agree on a fair settlement, we will argue your case in front of a judge and jury. We charge no upfront fees and you will never pay us anything unless we win your case. Call us today at 877-51-HKLAW or contact us online to find out more about how the Wardsville, MO car accidents law firm of Halvorsen Klote can help you.