Car Accidents Law Firm Washington, MO
Call 877-51-HKLAW for a Consultation and Case Review.
Car Accidents Law Firm Washington, MO. Our attorneys at Halvorsen Klote are an experienced and knowledgeable car accidents law firm in Washington, MO. When the negligent parties do not want to take responsibility for their actions, we will provide you with expert legal representation and help you get the financial recovery you need to truly recover. If you or someone you care about has been injured in a car accident caused by someone else's careless driving, get in touch with the car accidents law firm of Halvorsen Klote at 877-51-HKLAW or contact us online.
The NHTSA reports that there are approximately five to six million car accidents nationally each year, which cause 4.8 million serious injuries. 38,680 people died in motor vehicle accidents in the U.S. in 2020, the most since 2007, despite Americans driving less during the pandemic. While nobody wants to imagine it, your life can change in in a second when other Washington, MO residents do not follow the rules of the road. Whether your accident caused injuries that resulted in permanent disability, or the negligent driver's insurance company refuses to pay for your emergency medical care, Halvorsen Klote's car accidents law firm will secure for you the financial recovery that you are entitled to to aid you in your recovery. As a leading car accidents law firm in Washington, MO, we are known for our painstaking preparation, and our car accidents lawyers and paralegals will stay in constant communication with you until the end of your case.
Common Types and Causes of Car Accidents in Washington, MO
Car accidents are complicated|Each. The attorneys of our Washington, MO car accidents law firm have experience with helping our clients recover compensation in a wide array of different auto wrecks. Some of the most common types of car accidents in Washington, MO are:
- Head-on Collisions — These can cause severely debilitating injuries, and are usually caused by drunk or reckless driving.
- Rear-end Collisions — These are incredibly common, making up over a quarter of accidents and usually take place in heavy traffic. They can regularly lead to whiplash.
- T-Bone Collisions — These take place when two cars collide, forming a "T" shape at the point of impact. Passengers are often the injury victims in these crashes.
- Pedestrian Collisions — Pedestrians are at high-risk when drivers are negligent because they have nowhere near the protection of vehicle occupants and because of the mass and speed of vehicles.
- Low-speed Collisions — While you might think these lead to only minor injuries, serious injuries can still happen. Low-speed collisions are common in Washington, MO parking lots, or low-speed areas like school zones.
- Sideswipe Collisions — Also called merging collisions, these occur when someone does not heed their blind spot when merging, or when a driver is not paying attentions and veers out of their lane. As these consistently occur at high-speeds on the highway, they can result in severe destruction and injury.
- Single Car Accidents — These occur when a driver is drunk, reckless, otherwise negligent, or because of Washington, MO weather conditions.
- Multi-Vehicle Collisions — These are incredibly dangerous as a car can be hit from multiple angles and directions, and avoiding them is often near-impossible.
No matter the cause of an accident, it is often the result of negligence on the part of another motorist. Common types of negligence in car accidents include:
- Distracted Driving, which can include:
- Texting while driving
- Eating while driving
- Looking at a map
- Changing the radio
- Adjusting temperature settings
- Driving while drunk or on drugs
- Drowsy driving
- Reckless driving
The best way to avoid being the negligent party in an accident is to heed the laws in Washington, MO and concentrate on the road ahead whenever you're behind the wheel. If another driver caused you injuries, you need the Washington, MO car accidents law firm of HK Law to faithfully and fiercely represent you. Our car accident lawyers will ensure you are compensated for your personal property damage, medical bills, lost wages, and pain and suffering.
Steps to Take After a Car Accident in Washington, MO
Even minor accidents are frightening and cause sudden confusion. There are a several things you should do immediately after a car accident and before contacting a car accident law firm:
- Make sure everyone is safe — If there is no serious damage or injuries, it's a good idea to pull over to the side of the road. If the accident is catastrophic, turn off the ignition and turn the hazard lights on. Then you need to seek medical attention for anybody who has been harmed. If it appears to be a more severe injury, it is best not to move the victim as they may have received an injury to their spine. Call 911 right away for emergency medical attention if anybody has been injured.
- Call the police — Even if the accident is minor, a police officer will write a report that will be very helpful when making your claim. If the accident was caused by a crime, such as drunk driving or excessive speeding, the police will want to arrive at the scene quickly to collect evidence and arrest the suspect.
- Collect evidence and other important information — You should get the negligent driver's information. It is also important to take photos of the vehicles and the entire scene to show what might have caused the accident.
- Notify your insurance carrier and make a claim with the at-fault driver's insurance — Many insurance companies have stringent rules about how long after a crash you can file a claim. Not filing on time could make your case more complicated.
- Contact HK Law — We are one of the leading car accidents injury law firms in the Washington, MO area. When you hire us, we will:
- Collect police and accident reports
- Obtain evidence from the scene
- Review your medical records
- Take depositions from witnesses and experts
- Work with crash to hold the negligent driver accountable
The personal injury lawyers at HK Law have experience fighting a wide variety of personal injury cases. Click on the following links to see what other cases we take on.
- Motorcycle Accidents Attorney
- Lawyer for Bicycle Accident
- Pedestrian Accident Lawyer
- Injury Claim Lawyer
- Drunk Driving Accident Lawyers
- Auto Crash Attorney
- Truck Crash Lawyers
- Slip and Fall Lawyer
- Personal Injury Attorney
Car Accidents Law Firm in Washington, MO | HK Law
When you are harmed in a car accident through no fault of your own, you need a skilled and experienced car accidents law firm like HK Law in your corner to ensure you receive the compensation you deserve. Too many times insurance companies want to give you less money than you are entitled to. Our work ethic, attention to detail and expertise will ensure that you get a equitable settlement. If a fair settlement cannot be reached, we will take your case to court. We charge no upfront fees and you will never owe us anything unless we win your case. Call us today at 877-51-HKLAW or contact us online to find out more about how the Washington, MO car accidents law firm of Halvorsen Klote can help you.