Car Accidents Law Firm Washington, MO
Call 877-51-HKLAW for a Consultation and Case Review.
Car Accidents Law Firm Washington, MO. Our team of lawyers at Halvorsen Klote are a leading car accidents law firm in Washington, MO. When the reckless parties do not want to fairly compensate you for your damages, we will be by your side to fight on your behalf and help you get the compensation you are owed. If you or a family member has been injured in a car accident caused by someone else's careless driving, call the car accidents law firm of Halvorsen Klote at 877-51-HKLAW or contact us online.
The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration estimates that there are between five and six million car accidents in the United States every year, resulting in three million injuries. 38,680 people died in motor vehicle crashes in the U.S. in 2020, the highest number of fatalities since 2007, even though Americans were driving less during the pandemic. While it can be hard to imagine, your life can change in an instant when other Washington, MO people do not obey the rules of the road. Whether your accident resulted in injuries that will necessitate lifelong treatment, or the careless driver's insurance company is declining to pay for your emergency medical care, Halvorsen Klote's car accidents law firm will help get you the compensation that you deserve to help you in your recovery. As a leading car accidents law firm in Washington, MO, we have a reputation for our thorough preparation and attention to detail, and our car accidents lawyers and staff will remain in constant communication with you throughout your case.
Common Types and Causes of Car Accidents in Washington, MO
Car accidents are complicated and each has its own unique set of circumstances. The attorneys of our Washington, MO car accidents law firm have experience with helping our clients recover compensation in a wide array of different auto crashes. Some of the most common kinds of car accidents in Washington, MO are:
- Head-on collisions. These can be the among the most disastrous and calamitous wrecks, and are usually caused by negligent or reckless driving.
- Rear-end collisions. These accidents account for about 29% of accidents and usually occur in heavy traffic. They can often cause whiplash or other neck injuries.
- T-Bone collisions. These occur when a car hits the side of another car. These can often cause devastating injuries for a passenger or driver.
- Pedestrian collisions. These collisions can be incredibly dangerous as pedestrians have little to no protection from the amount of force a vehicle can carry.
- Low-speed collisions. While damage to a vehicle is often minor in these accidents, serious injuries can still be incurred. Low-speed collisions often occur in Washington, MO parking lots, or low-speed areas such as school zones.
- Sideswipe collisions. Also called merging collisions, these happen when someone does not heed their blind spot when merging, or when a driver is distracted and veers out of their lane. As these often happen at high-speeds on the highway, they can result in severe damage and injury.
- Single car accidents. These happen when a driver loses control of their vehicle, and can often be affected by Washington, MO weather conditions. They can also be caused by drowsy or impaired driving.
- Multi-Vehicle collisions. These are incredibly dangerous as a car can be hit from multiple angles and directions, and they are often hard to avoid.
Whatever type of car accident you suffered injuries, property damage, or other damages from, it is frequently the result of negligence on the part of another driver. Examples of negligence in car accidents include:
- Distracted Driving, which can include:
- Texting while driving
- Eating while driving
- Looking at directions
- Adjusting the radio
- Changing climate settings
- Driving while drunk or on drugs
- Drowsy or fatigued driving
- Reckless driving
The best way to avoid creating a crash yourself is to heed the laws and rules of the road in Washington, MO and pay attention at all times. If you've been injured because of another driver's careless actions, you need the Washington, MO car accidents law firm of HK Law to fight on your behalf and get the recovery you're owed. Our car accident lawyers will make sure you are compensated for your personal property damage, medical bills, lost wages, and pain and suffering.
What to Do After a Car Accident in Washington, MO
Even being involved in a minor accident can be jarring and unsettling. There are a several things you should do immediately after a car accident and before contacting a car accident law firm:
- Make sure everyone is safe. If the accident is minor, it's a good idea to pull over to the side of the road to get out of the way of incoming traffic. If it is more severe, turn your car off and turn the hazard lights on. Then you need to seek medical attention for anybody who has been harmed. If it looks like a more severe injury, it is best not to move the victim as many car accident injuries involve the neck and/or spine. Call 911 right away for emergency medical care if somebody has been injured.
- Call the police. Even if the accident is minor, a police officer will write a report that will be very useful when filing your claim. If the accident was caused by a crime, such as a DWI or reckless driving, the police need to arrive at the scene quickly to gather evidence and arrest the suspect.
- Collect evidence and other important information. You need to get the at-fault driver's personal, contact, and insurance information. It is also useful to take photos of the vehicles and the entire scene for skid marks or property damage.
- Notify your insurance carrier and make a claim with the at-fault driver's insurance. Many insurance companies have strict regulations about how long after an accident you can file a claim. Not filing on time could complicate your case.
- Contact HK Law. We are one of the best car accidents injury law firms in the Washington, MO area. When you hire us, we will:
- Collect police and accident reports
- Acquire evidence from the scene
- Review your medical records
- Find and question eyewitnesses
- Work with car accident experts to determine fault
The personal injury lawyers at HK Law have experience fighting and winning a wide variety of personal injury cases. Check out the links below to see more about the services we offer.
- Injury Claim Lawyer
- Drunk Driving Accident Lawyers
- Auto Crash Attorney
- Truck Crash Lawyers
- Slip and Fall Lawyer
- Personal Injury Attorney
- Wrongful Death Lawyer
- Accident Attorney
- Injury Lawyer
Car Accidents Law Firm in Washington, MO | HK Law
When you are injured in a car accident because of someone else's careless driving, you need a talented and accomplished car accidents law firm like HK Law by your side to ensure you collect the compensation you are owed. Too many times insurance companies attempt to give you less money than you are entitled to. Our tenacity, attention to detail and expertise will ensure that you get a just settlement. If we cannot agree on a fair settlement, we will take your case to court. We charge no upfront fees and you will never pay us a penny unless we win your case. Call us today at 877-51-HKLAW or contact us online to find out more about how the Washington, MO car accidents law firm of Halvorsen Klote can help you.