Car Accidents Law Firm Edwardsville, IL
Call 877-51-HKLAW for a Consultation and Case Review.
Car Accidents Law Firm Edwardsville, IL. Our team of attorneys at Halvorsen Klote are an experienced and knowledgeable car accidents law firm in Edwardsville, IL. When the at-fault parties do not want to equitably compensate you for your damages, we will be by your side to fight on your behalf and help you get the compensation you are entitled to. If you or a loved one has been impacted by a car accident through no fault of your own, call the car accidents law firm of Halvorsen Klote at 877-51-HKLAW or fill out our online form.
The NHTSA estimates that there are between five to six million car accidents nationwide annually, which lead to three million injuries. there were 38,600 deaths in motor vehicle wrecks in the U.S. in 2020, the highest number of fatalities since 2007, in spite of the fact that Americans were driving less during the pandemic. While we don't think about it, your life can be turned completely upside down in one moment when other Edwardsville, IL residents are not careful while they're on the road. Whether your accident caused injuries that resulted in permanent disability, or the reckless driver's insurance company does not want to fairly compensate you, Halvorsen Klote's car accidents law firm will secure for you the compensation that you deserve to aid you while you heal. As an experienced and hardworking car accidents law firm in Edwardsville, IL, we have a reputation for our painstaking attention to detail, and our car accidents lawyers and paralegals will always keep you updated as your claim progresses.
Common Types and Causes of Car Accidents in Edwardsville, IL
Car accidents are complex|Every car accident has its own specific set of circumstances. The attorneys of our Edwardsville, IL car accidents law firm know how to collect compensation in a wide array of different auto accidents. We have gotten great compensation for our Edwardsville, IL clients in:
- Head-on Collisions — These can cause severely debilitating injuries, and usually happen because of someone driving on the wrong side of the road because they were drunk or distracted.
- Rear-end Collisions — These are incredibly common, making up over a quarter of accidents and usually happen in heavy traffic. They can frequently result in neck and back injuries.
- T-Bone Collisions — These occur when a car hits the side of another car. Passengers are often the injury victims in these crashes.
- Pedestrian Collisions — Pedestrians are at high-risk when drivers are negligent because they have nowhere near the protection of vehicle occupants and because of force a vehicle can carry.
- Low-speed Collisions — While you might think these lead to only minor injuries, serious injuries can still happen. Low-speed collisions are common in Edwardsville, IL parking lots, or near schools and other low-speed zones.
- Sideswipe Collisions — Also called merging collisions, these occur when someone does not pay attention to their blind spot when merging, or when a driver is not paying attentions and swerves out of their lane. As these consistently happen at highway speeds, they can cause significant devastation and injury.
- Single Car Accidents — These occur when a driver is drunk, reckless, otherwise negligent, or because of Edwardsville, IL weather conditions.
- Multi-Vehicle Collisions — These are incredibly dangerous as a car can be hit from multiple angles and directions, and they are often hard to avoid.
Whatever type of car accident you suffered injuries, property damage, or other damages from, it is frequently because another motorist broke the rules. Instances of negligence in car accidents include:
- Distracted Driving, which can include:
- Texting while driving
- Eating while driving
- Looking at a map
- Changing the radio
- Changing heat or AC settings
- Being lost in thought
- Drunk or otherwise impaired driving
- Driving when tired
- Reckless driving
The best method of avoiding causing an accident yourself is to observe the laws in Edwardsville, IL and concentrate on the road ahead whenever you're behind the wheel. If you've been injured because of another driver's thoughtless behavior, you need the Edwardsville, IL car accidents law firm of HK Law to fight for you and get the compensation you're owed. Our car accident lawyers will ensure your financial recovery compensates you for the financial, physical and emotional effects of your injury.
What to Do After a Car Accident in Edwardsville, IL
Even being involved in a minor accident are frightening and cause sudden confusion. There are a several things you should do immediately following a car accident and before reaching out to a car accident law firm:
- Make sure everyone is safe — If there is no serious damage or injuries, you should pull over to the side of the road. If the accident is catastrophic, turn off the ignition and turn the hazard lights on. Then call emergency services and render aid to anyone you are able to. If it appears to be a more significant injury, it is best not to move the victim as they may have received an injury to their spine. Call 911 right away for emergency medical care if anyone has been injured.
- Call the police — Even for minor accidents, police reports are very helpful when making your claim. If the accident was caused by a crime, such as drunk driving or excessive speeding, the police will want to be on the scene quickly to take action.
- Collect evidence and other important information — You should get the at-fault driver's personal, contact, and insurance information. It is also important to take pictures of the vehicles and the surrounding area to show what might have caused the accident.
- Notify your insurance carrier and make a claim with the at-fault driver's insurance — Many insurance companies have stringent regulations about how how much time can pass after a crash before you file a claim. Not filing on time could make your case more difficult.
- Contact HK Law — We are one of the leading car accidents injury law firms in the Edwardsville, IL area. When you hire us, we will:
- Acquire police and accident reports
- Obtain evidence from the scene
- Review your medical records
- Find and question eyewitnesses
- Work with car accident experts to determine liability
The personal injury lawyers at Halvorsen Klote have experience winning a wide variety of injury claims. Take a look at the links below to see what other cases we take on.
- Premises Liability Attorneys
- Automobile Injury Attorney
- Motorcycle Accidents Attorney
- Lawyer for Bicycle Accident
- Pedestrian Accident Lawyer
- Injury Claim Lawyer
- Drunk Driving Accident Lawyers
- Auto Crash Attorney
- Truck Crash Lawyers
- Slip and Fall Lawyer
Car Accidents Law Firm in Edwardsville, IL | HK Law
When you are hurt in a car accident through no fault of your own, you need a talented and accomplished car accidents law firm like HK Law in your corner to make sure you are awarded the compensation you are owed. Too often insurance companies attempt to give you less money than you are owed. Our determination, attention to detail and expertise will ensure that you get a equitable settlement. If a fair settlement cannot be reached, we will argue your case in front of a judge and jury. We charge no upfront fees and you will never pay us anything unless we win your case. Call us today at 877-51-HKLAW or contact us online to find out more about how the Edwardsville, IL car accidents law firm of Halvorsen Klote can help you.