Car Accidents Law Firm Versailles, MO
Call 877-51-HKLAW for a Consultation and Case Review.
Car Accidents Law Firm Versailles, MO. Our team of attorneys at Halvorsen Klote are an experienced and knowledgeable car accidents law firm in Versailles, MO. When the people who caused your injury do not want to fairly compensate you for your injuries, we will provide you with expert legal representation and help you get the financial recovery you deserve. If you or a family member has been injured in a car accident through no fault of your own, call the car accidents law firm of Halvorsen Klote at 877-51-HKLAW or fill out our online form.
The NHTSA reports that there are approximately five to six million car accidents in the United States annually, which cause three million injuries. 38,680 people died in motor vehicle accidents in the U.S. in 2020, the most since 2007, even though Americans were driving less during the pandemic. While it can be hard to imagine, your life can be upended in in a second when other Versailles, MO drivers do not obey the rules of the road. Whether your accident resulted in injuries that will need lifelong treatment, or the careless driver's insurance company is not being fair, Halvorsen Klote's car accidents law firm will secure for you the compensation that you are owed to help you in your recovery. As an experienced and hardworking car accidents law firm in Versailles, MO, we are known for our painstaking preparation, and our car accidents lawyers and staff will always keep you updated as your claim progresses.
Common Types and Causes of Car Accidents in Versailles, MO
Car accidents are complicated|Every car accident has its own specific set of circumstances. The attorneys of our Versailles, MO car accidents law firm know how to collect damages in a variety of different auto accidents. Some of the most common kinds of car accidents in Versailles, MO are:
- Head-on Collisions — These can be the among the most disastrous and calamitous crashes, and usually happen because of someone driving on the wrong side of the road because they were drunk or distracted.
- Rear-end Collisions — These accidents account for about almost a third of accidents and usually take place in heavy traffic. They can frequently cause whiplash.
- T-Bone Collisions — These happen when a car hits the side of another car. These can often cause severe injuries for a passenger or driver.
- Pedestrian Collisions — Pedestrians are at high-risk when drivers are negligent because they have nowhere near the protection of vehicle occupants and because of force a vehicle can apply.
- Low-speed Collisions — While you might think these lead to only minor injuries, neck injuries and herniated discs can still be incurred. Low-speed collisions often occur in Versailles, MO parking lots, or near schools and other low-speed zones.
- Sideswipe Collisions — Also called merging collisions, these occur when someone does not observe their blind spot when merging, or when a driver is not paying attentions and veers out of their lane. As these consistently occur at highway speeds, they can cause serious devastation and injury.
- Single Car Accidents — These occur when a driver loses control of their vehicle, and Versailles, MO weather conditions often have an effect.
- Multi-Vehicle Collisions — These are especially dangerous as a car can be struck multiple times, and they are often difficult to avoid.
Whatever type of car accident you suffered injuries, property damage, or other damages from, it is often because of negligence on the part of another motorist. Common types of negligence in car accidents include:
- Distracted Driving, for example:
- Texting while driving
- Eating while driving
- Looking at a map
- Changing the radio
- Adjusting climate settings
- Driving while drunk or on drugs
- Driving when tired
- Reckless driving
The best way to avoid being the negligent party in an accident is to observe the laws in Versailles, MO and concentrate on the road ahead at all times. If another driver caused you injuries, you need the Versailles, MO car accidents law firm of HK Law to fight by your side and get the compensation you're owed. Our car accident lawyers will make sure you are compensated for your personal property damage, medical bills, lost wages, and pain and suffering.
Steps to Take After a Car Accident in Versailles, MO
Even minor accidents are unsettling and cause sudden confusion. There are a number of steps you should take immediately after a car accident and before consulting with a car accident law firm:
- Make sure everyone is safe — If the accident is minor, it's a good idea to pull over to the side of the road. If the accident is catastrophic, turn off the ignition and turn the hazard lights on. Then call emergency services and render aid to anyone you are able to. If it looks like a more significant injury, it is best not to move the victim as they may have received an injury to their spine. Call 911 right away for emergency medical care if somebody has been injured.
- Call the police — Even if the accident is not serious, police reports are very useful when proving liability. If the accident was caused by criminal behavior, such as drunk driving or reckless driving, the police need to be on the scene quickly to gather evidence and arrest the suspect.
- Gather evidence and other important information — You should get the at-fault driver's personal, contact, and insurance information. It is also important to take pictures of the vehicles and the surrounding area to show what might have caused the accident.
- File an insurance claim — Many insurance companies have stringent regulations about how how much time can pass after an accident before you file a claim. Not filing on time could make your case more complex.
- Contact HK Law — We are one of the leading car accidents injury law firms in the Versailles, MO area. When you hire us, we will:
- Collect police and accident reports
- Obtain evidence from the scene
- Go over your medical records
- Find and get statements from eyewitnesses
- Work with crash to determine fault
The personal injury lawyers at HK Law have experience winning a wide variety of injury claims. Take a look at the following links to see more about the services we offer.
- Motorcycle Accidents Attorney
- Lawyer for Bicycle Accident
- Pedestrian Accident Lawyer
- Injury Claim Lawyer
- Drunk Driving Accident Lawyers
- Auto Crash Attorney
- Truck Crash Lawyers
- Slip and Fall Lawyer
- Personal Injury Attorney
Car Accidents Law Firm in Versailles, MO | HK Law
When you are injured in a car accident because of someone else's reckless behavior, you require a knowledgeable and accomplished car accidents law firm like HK Law by your side to make sure you are awarded the compensation you deserve. Too many times insurance companies try to give you less money than you are entitled to. Our determination, attention to detail and expertise will ensure that you get a just settlement. If a fair settlement cannot be reached, we will take your case to court. We charge no upfront fees and you will never owe us a penny unless we win your case. Call us today at 877-51-HKLAW or contact us online to find out more about how the Versailles, MO car accidents law firm of Halvorsen Klote can help you.