Car Accidents Law Firm Versailles, MO
Call 877-51-HKLAW for a Consultation and Case Review.
Car Accidents Law Firm Versailles, MO. Our team of attorneys at Halvorsen Klote are a leading car accidents law firm in Versailles, MO. When the negligent parties do not want to fairly compensate you for your injuries, we will be there to fight for you and help you get the compensation you are owed. If you or someone you care about has been impacted by a car accident caused by someone else's reckless actions, call the car accidents law firm of Halvorsen Klote at 877-51-HKLAW or contact us online.
The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration estimates that there are between five and six million car accidents in the U.S. every year, which lead to three million injuries. 38,680 people died in motor vehicle accidents in the U.S. in 2020, the highest number of fatalities since 2007, even though Americans were driving less during the pandemic. While nobody wants to imagine it, your life can change in the blink of an eye when other Versailles, MO people do not obey the rules of the road. Whether your accident caused injuries that will necessitate lifelong treatment, or the reckless driver's insurance company does not want to pay for your emergency room visit, Halvorsen Klote's car accidents law firm will help get you the compensation that you deserve to aid you in your recovery. As a leading car accidents law firm in Versailles, MO, we have a reputation for our diligent preparation and attention to detail, and our car accidents lawyers and staff will stay in constant communication with you until the end of your case.
Common Types and Causes of Car Accidents in Versailles, MO
Car accidents are complex and each has its own specific set of circumstances. The attorneys of our Versailles, MO car accidents law firm have experience with helping our clients collect compensation in a variety of different motor vehicle accidents. Some of the most common types of car accidents in Versailles, MO are:
- Head-on collisions. These can be the among the most devastating and calamitous wrecks, and usually happen because of negligent or reckless driving.
- Rear-end collisions. These accidents account for about 29% of accidents and usually occur in condensed traffic. They can often lead to whiplash or other neck injuries.
- T-Bone collisions. These take place when a car hits the side of another car. These can often cause severe injuries for a passenger or driver.
- Pedestrian collisions. These collisions can be incredibly dangerous as pedestrians have little to no way to protect themselves from the amount of force a vehicle can exert.
- Low-speed collisions. While damage to a vehicle is often minimal in these collisions, serious injuries can still be incurred. Low-speed collisions often take place in Versailles, MO parking lots, or low-speed areas such as school zones.
- Sideswipe collisions. Also called merging collisions, these occur when someone does not heed their blind spot when merging, or when a driver is distracted and weaves out of their lane. As these frequently occur at high-speeds on the highway, they can cause significant damage and injury.
- Single car accidents. These happen when a driver does not maintain control of their vehicle, and can often be affected by Versailles, MO weather conditions. They can also be caused by drowsy or impaired driving.
- Multi-Vehicle collisions. These are incredibly dangerous as a car can be hit from multiple angles and directions, and they are often hard to avoid.
Whatever type of car accident you suffered injuries, property damage, or other damages from, it is sometimes because of negligence on the part of another driver. Instances of negligence in car accidents include:
- Distracted Driving, such as:
- Texting while driving
- Eating while driving
- Looking at directions
- Adjusting the radio
- Adjusting temperature settings
- Driving while drunk or on drugs
- Drowsy or fatigued driving
- Reckless driving
The best method of avoiding causing a wreck yourself is to obey the laws and rules of the road in Versailles, MO and focusing on the road in front of you at all times. If you've been injured because of another driver's thoughtless actions, you need the Versailles, MO car accidents law firm of HK Law to fight on your behalf and get the compensation you're entitled to. Our car accident lawyers will make sure you are compensated for your personal property damage, medical bills, lost wages, and pain and suffering.
What to Do After a Car Accident in Versailles, MO
Even being involved in a minor accident can be jarring and unsettling. There are a number of things you should do directly after a car accident and before contacting a car accident law firm:
- Make sure everyone is safe. If the accident is minor, you should pull over to the side of the road to not obstruct incoming traffic. If it is more significant, turn your car off and turn the hazard lights on. Then make sure to seek medical attention for anybody who has been hurt. If it appears to be a more significant injury, it is best not to move the victim as many car accident injuries involve the neck and/or spine. Call 911 immediately for emergency medical attention if somebody has been injured.
- Call the police. Even if the accident is minor, a police officer will write a report that will be very helpful when making your claim. If the accident was caused by a crime, such as a DWI or reckless driving, the police need to arrive at the scene quickly to collect evidence and arrest the suspect.
- Gather evidence and other important information. You need to get the at-fault driver's personal, contact, and insurance information. It is also helpful to take pictures of the vehicles and the entire scene for skid marks or property damage.
- Notify your insurance carrier and make a claim with the at-fault driver's insurance. Many insurance companies have stringent regulations about how how much time can pass after an accident before you file a claim. Not filing on time could complicate your case.
- Contact HK Law. We are one of the leading car accidents injury law firms in the Versailles, MO area. When you hire us, we will:
- Acquire police and accident reports
- Acquire evidence from the scene
- Evaluate your medical records
- Find and get statements from eyewitnesses
- Work with car accident experts to determine liability
The personal injury lawyers at HK Law have experience fighting and winning a wide variety of personal injury cases. Check out the links below to see more about the services we offer.
- Injury Claim Lawyer
- Drunk Driving Accident Lawyers
- Auto Crash Attorney
- Truck Crash Lawyers
- Slip and Fall Lawyer
- Personal Injury Attorney
- Wrongful Death Lawyer
- Accident Attorney
- Injury Lawyer
Car Accidents Law Firm in Versailles, MO | HK Law
When you are hurt in a car accident through no fault of your own, you need a skilled and accomplished car accidents law firm like HK Law in your corner to make sure you receive the compensation you are entitled to. Too often insurance companies attempt to give you less money than you deserve. Our determination, attention to detail and savvy will ensure that you get a equitable settlement. If we cannot agree on a fair settlement, we will take your case to court. We charge no upfront fees and you will never pay us anything unless we win your case. Call us today at 877-51-HKLAW or contact us online to find out more about how the Versailles, MO car accidents law firm of Halvorsen Klote can help you.