Car Accidents Law Firm High Hill, MO
Call 877-51-HKLAW for a Consultation and Case Review.
Car Accidents Law Firm High Hill, MO. Our team of lawyers at Halvorsen Klote are a leading car accidents law firm in High Hill, MO. When the liable parties do not want to fairly compensate you for your damages, we will be by your side to fight on your behalf and help you get the compensation you are owed. If you or a loved one has been impacted by a car accident caused by someone else's reckless behavior, call the car accidents law firm of Halvorsen Klote at 877-51-HKLAW or contact us online.
The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration estimates that there are between five and six million car accidents nationwide each year, which lead to three million injuries. 38,680 people died in car accidents in the U.S. in 2020, the highest number of fatalities since 2007, despite Americans driving less during the pandemic. While it can be hard to imagine, your life can change in in a second when other High Hill, MO people are not careful while they're on the road. Whether your accident led to injuries that will necessitate lifelong treatment, or the reckless driver's insurance company refuses to pay for your emergency medical care, Halvorsen Klote's car accidents law firm will help get you the compensation that you deserve to help you in your recovery. As a leading car accidents law firm in High Hill, MO, we have a reputation for our diligent preparation and attention to detail, and our car accidents lawyers and staff will remain in constant communication with you throughout your case.
Common Types and Causes of Car Accidents in High Hill, MO
Car accidents are complicated and every one has its own individual set of circumstances. The attorneys of our High Hill, MO car accidents law firm have experience with helping our clients receive compensation in a wide array of different car accidents. Some of the most common types of car accidents in High Hill, MO are:
- Head-on collisions. These can be the among the most destructive and catastrophic wrecks, and usually happen because of negligent or reckless driving.
- Rear-end collisions. These accidents account for about 29% of accidents and usually happen in condensed traffic. They can often cause whiplash or other neck injuries.
- T-Bone collisions. These take place when a car runs into the side of another car. These can often cause serious injuries for a passenger or driver.
- Pedestrian collisions. These collisions can be incredibly dangerous as pedestrians have little to no protection from the amount of force a vehicle can carry.
- Low-speed collisions. While damage to a vehicle is often minor in these crashes, severe injuries can still happen. Low-speed collisions often happen in High Hill, MO parking lots, or low-speed areas such as school zones.
- Sideswipe collisions. Also called merging collisions, these happen when someone does not take in account their blind spot when merging, or when a driver is distracted and swerves out of their lane. As these regularly occur at high-speeds on the highway, they can result in severe devastation and injury.
- Single car accidents. These happen when a driver does not maintain control of their vehicle, and can often be affected by High Hill, MO weather conditions. They can also be caused by drowsy or impaired driving.
- Multi-Vehicle collisions. These are incredibly dangerous as a car can be hit from multiple angles and directions, and they are often hard to avoid.
Whatever type of car accident you suffered injuries, property damage, or other damages from, it is often because of negligence on the part of another person. Instances of negligence in car accidents include:
- Distracted Driving, which can include:
- Texting while driving
- Eating while driving
- Looking at directions
- Changing the radio
- Changing temperature settings
- Driving while drunk or on drugs
- Drowsy or fatigued driving
- Reckless driving
The best way to avoid creating a crash yourself is to heed the laws and rules of the road in High Hill, MO and pay attention at all times. If you've been injured because of another driver's thoughtless actions, you need the High Hill, MO car accidents law firm of HK Law to fight for you and get the recovery you're owed. Our car accident lawyers will make sure you are compensated for your personal property damage, medical bills, lost wages, and pain and suffering.
What to Do After a Car Accident in High Hill, MO
Even being involved in a minor accident can be jarring and scary. There are a several steps you should take directly following a car accident and before contacting a car accident law firm:
- Make sure everyone is safe. If the accident is minor, you should pull over to the side of the road to get out of the way of incoming traffic. If it is more significant, turn your car off and turn the hazard lights on. Then make sure to seek medical attention for anybody who has been harmed. If it appears to be a more serious injury, it is best not to move the victim as many car accident injuries involve the neck and/or spine. Call 911 immediately for emergency medical care if anyone has been injured.
- Call the police. Even if the accident is minor, a police officer will write a report that will be very helpful when filing your claim. If the accident was caused by criminal actions, such as a DWI or reckless driving, the police will want to be on the scene quickly to collect evidence and arrest the suspect.
- Gather evidence and other important information. You should get the at-fault driver's personal, contact, and insurance information. It is also important to take photographs of the vehicles and the surrounding area for skid marks or property damage.
- Notify your insurance carrier and make a claim with the at-fault driver's insurance. Many insurance companies have stringent rules about how how much time can pass after a crash before you file a claim. Not filing on time could make your case more complicated.
- Contact HK Law. We are one of the leading car accidents injury law firms in the High Hill, MO area. When you hire us, we will:
- Gather police and accident reports
- Collect evidence from the scene
- Review your medical records
- Find and question eyewitnesses
- Work with car accident experts to determine liability
The personal injury lawyers at HK Law have experience fighting and winning a wide variety of personal injury cases. Check out the links below to see more about the services we offer.
- Injury Claim Lawyer
- Drunk Driving Accident Lawyers
- Auto Crash Attorney
- Truck Crash Lawyers
- Slip and Fall Lawyer
- Personal Injury Attorney
- Wrongful Death Lawyer
- Accident Attorney
- Injury Lawyer
Car Accidents Law Firm in High Hill, MO | HK Law
When you are harmed in a car accident because of someone else's careless driving, you need a knowledgeable and experienced car accidents law firm like HK Law in your corner to make sure you collect the compensation you deserve. Too many times insurance companies want to give you less money than you are owed. Our determination, attention to detail and expertise will ensure that you get a just settlement. If a fair settlement cannot be reached, we will take your case to court. We charge no upfront fees and you will never owe us a dime unless we win your case. Call us today at 877-51-HKLAW or contact us online to find out more about how the High Hill, MO car accidents law firm of Halvorsen Klote can help you.