Car Accidents Law Firm Macon, MO
Call 877-51-HKLAW for a Consultation and Case Review.
Car Accidents Law Firm Macon, MO. Our attorneys at Halvorsen Klote are a leading car accidents law firm in Macon, MO. When the people who caused your injury do not want to fairly compensate you for your damages, we will provide you with expert legal representation and help you get the compensation you need to truly recover. If you or a family member has been injured in a car accident caused by someone else's reckless behavior, call the car accidents law firm of Halvorsen Klote at 877-51-HKLAW or contact us online.
The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration reports that there are approximately five to six million car accidents in the U.S. annually, resulting in three million injuries. 38,680 people died in auto accidents in the U.S. in 2020, the most since 2007, despite Americans driving less during the pandemic. While nobody wants to imagine it, your life can be upended in an instant when other Macon, MO residents do not obey the rules of the road. Whether your accident led to injuries that will necessitate lifelong treatment, or the reckless driver's insurance company is not being fair, Halvorsen Klote's car accidents law firm will secure for you the financial recovery that you are owed to aid you in your recovery. As a leading car accidents law firm in Macon, MO, we are known for our client-centered approach, and our car accidents lawyers and paralegals will always keep you updated as your claim progresses.
Auto Accidents Our Macon, MO Car Accident Law Firm Takes On
Car accidents are complicated|Each. The attorneys of our Macon, MO car accidents law firm have experience with helping our clients investigate and get a financial recovery for many types of car accidents. Some of the most common types of car accidents in Macon, MO are:
- Head-on Collisions — These can cause severely debilitating injuries, and usually happen because of drunk or reckless driving.
- Rear-end Collisions — These accidents account for about over a quarter of accidents and usually take place in condensed traffic. They can often result in neck and back injuries.
- T-Bone Collisions — These happen when two cars collide, forming a "T" shape at the point of impact. Passengers are often the injury victims in these crashes.
- Pedestrian Collisions — Pedestrians are at high-risk when drivers are negligent because they have nowhere near the protection of vehicle occupants and because of the mass and speed of vehicles.
- Low-speed Collisions — While damage to a vehicle is often minor in these accidents, serious injuries can still be incurred. Low-speed collisions often happen in Macon, MO parking lots, or low-speed areas such as school zones.
- Sideswipe Collisions — Also called merging collisions, these happen when someone does not take in account their blind spot when merging, or when a driver is distracted and swerves out of their lane. As these consistently happen at highway speeds, they can result in serious destruction and injury.
- Single Car Accidents — These occur when a driver is drunk, reckless, otherwise negligent, or because of Macon, MO weather conditions.
- Multi-Vehicle Collisions — These are incredibly dangerous as a vehicle can be hit from multiple angles and directions, and avoiding them is often near-impossible.
Whatever type of car accident you suffered injuries, property damage, or other damages from, it is sometimes because another motorist broke the rules. Instances of negligence in car accidents include:
- Distracted Driving, such as:
- Texting while driving
- Eating while driving
- Looking at a map
- Adjusting the radio
- Adjusting climate settings
- Being lost in thought
- Driving while drunk or on drugs
- Drowsy driving
- Reckless driving
The best method of avoiding being the negligent party in an accident is to follow the rules of the road in Macon, MO and pay attention to the road ahead at all times. If you've been injured because of another driver's reckless behavior, you need the Macon, MO car accidents law firm of HK Law to fight by your side and get the compensation you're owed. Our car accident lawyers will ensure your financial recovery compensates you for all of your damages.
What to Do After a Car Accident in Macon, MO
Even minor accidents can be jarring and frightening. There are a several steps you should take immediately following a car accident and before consulting with a car accident law firm:
- Make sure everyone is safe — If the accident is minor, you should get out of the way of incoming traffic. If the accident is catastrophic, turn off the ignition and turn the hazard lights on. Then call emergency services and render aid to anyone you are able to. If it appears to be a more severe injury, leave the victim still as many car accident injuries involve the neck and/or spine. Call 911 right away for emergency medical attention if somebody has been injured.
- Call the police — Even for minor accidents, police reports are very useful when filing your claim. If the accident was caused by criminal behavior, such as a DWI or reckless driving, the police need to arrive at the scene quickly to take action.
- Gather evidence and other important information — You should get the negligent driver's personal, contact, and insurance information. It is also important to take pictures of the vehicles and the entire scene to show what might have caused the accident.
- File an insurance claim — Many insurance companies have strict rules about how how much time can pass after a crash before you file a claim. Not filing on time could complicate your case.
- Contact HK Law — We are one of the leading car accidents injury law firms in the Macon, MO area. When you hire us, we will:
- Gather police and accident reports
- Collect evidence from the scene
- Evaluate your medical records
- Take depositions from witnesses and experts
- Work with car accident experts to determine fault
The personal injury lawyers at Halvorsen Klote have experience winning a wide variety of injury claims. Take a look at the following links to see what other cases we take on.
- Bike Wreck Lawyer
- What to Do After a Car Accident
- Premises Liability Attorneys
- Automobile Injury Attorney
- Motorcycle Accidents Attorney
- Lawyer for Bicycle Accident
- Pedestrian Accident Lawyer
- Injury Claim Lawyer
- Drunk Driving Accident Lawyers
- Auto Crash Attorney
Car Accidents Law Firm in Macon, MO | HK Law
When you are injured in a car accident through no fault of your own, you need a skilled and experienced car accidents law firm like HK Law by your side to ensure you collect the compensation you deserve. Too often insurance companies attempt to give you less money than you are owed. Our tenacity, attention to detail and expertise will ensure that you get a just settlement. If a fair settlement cannot be reached, we will take your case to court. We charge no upfront fees and you will never pay us a dime unless we win your case. Call us today at 877-51-HKLAW or contact us online to find out more about how the Macon, MO car accidents law firm of Halvorsen Klote can help you.
Attorney at Law
Joel Halvorsen and his partner Greg Klote founded the Halvorsen Klote law firm on the principle that injured people and their families should have access to the same quality legal representation as large insurance companies.
Attorney at Law
Greg Klote is a partner and founder of Halvorsen Klote.
Greg has successfully fought for people who were injured through no fault of their own. He became a lawyer to help make a difference in the lives of those who have been wronged and treated unfairly.