Car Accidents Law Firm Macon, MO
Call 877-51-HKLAW for a Consultation and Case Review.
Car Accidents Law Firm Macon, MO. Our team of lawyers at Halvorsen Klote are a leading car accidents law firm in Macon, MO. When the reckless parties do not want to equitably compensate you for your injuries, we will be by your side to fight on your behalf and help you get the compensation you deserve. If you or a loved one has been impacted by a car accident caused by someone else's negligence, call the car accidents law firm of Halvorsen Klote at 877-51-HKLAW or contact us online.
The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration estimates that there are between five and six million car accidents in the United States each year, which cause three million injuries. 38,680 people died in car accidents in the U.S. in 2020, the highest number of fatalities since 2007, despite Americans driving less during the pandemic. While nobody wants to imagine it, your life can change in an instant when other Macon, MO drivers do not follow the rules of the road. Whether your accident caused injuries that will necessitate lifelong treatment, or the at-fault driver's insurance company does not want to pay for your emergency medical care, Halvorsen Klote's car accidents law firm will help get you the compensation that you deserve to aid you while you recuperate. As a leading car accidents law firm in Macon, MO, we have a reputation for our painstaking preparation and attention to detail, and our car accidents lawyers and staff will keep in constant communication with you until the end of your case.
Common Types and Causes of Car Accidents in Macon, MO
Car accidents are complicated and each has its own individual set of circumstances. The attorneys of our Macon, MO car accidents law firm have experience with helping our clients receive compensation in a wide range of different car wrecks. Some of the most common kinds of car accidents in Macon, MO are:
- Head-on collisions. These can be the among the most disastrous and catastrophic wrecks, and usually happen because of negligent or reckless driving.
- Rear-end collisions. These accidents account for about 29% of accidents and usually occur in condensed traffic. They can often result in whiplash or other neck injuries.
- T-Bone collisions. These take place when a car hits the side of another car. These can often cause devastating injuries for a passenger or driver.
- Pedestrian collisions. These accidents can be particularly dangerous as pedestrians have little to no protection from the amount of force a vehicle can exert.
- Low-speed collisions. While damage to a vehicle is often minimal in these collisions, significant injuries can still happen. Low-speed collisions often occur in Macon, MO parking lots, or low-speed areas such as school zones.
- Sideswipe collisions. Also called merging collisions, these happen when someone does not pay attention to their blind spot when merging, or when a driver is distracted and weaves out of their lane. As these often happen at high-speeds on the highway, they can cause serious devastation and injury.
- Single car accidents. These occur when a driver loses control of their vehicle, and Macon, MO weather conditions often have an effect. They can also be caused by drowsy or impaired driving.
- Multi-Vehicle collisions. These are especially dangerous as a car can be hit from multiple angles and directions, and they are often hard to avoid.
Whatever type of car accident you suffered injuries, property damage, or other damages from, it is frequently the result of negligence on the part of another person. Cases of negligence in car accidents include:
- Distracted Driving, such as:
- Texting while driving
- Eating while driving
- Looking at directions
- Adjusting the radio
- Adjusting heat or AC settings
- Driving while drunk or on drugs
- Drowsy or fatigued driving
- Reckless driving
The best way to avoid creating an accident yourself is to follow the laws and rules of the road in Macon, MO and pay attention at all times. If you've been injured because of another driver's careless driving, you need the Macon, MO car accidents law firm of HK Law to fight for you and get the compensation you're entitled to. Our car accident lawyers will make sure you are compensated for your personal property damage, medical bills, lost wages, and pain and suffering.
What to Do After a Car Accident in Macon, MO
Even being involved in a minor accident can be jarring and frightening. There are a several things you should do directly following a car accident and before contacting a car accident law firm:
- Make sure everyone is safe. If the accident is minor, it's a good idea to pull over to the side of the road to get out of the way of incoming traffic. If it is more significant, turn your car off and turn the hazard lights on. Then you need to seek medical attention for anybody who has been harmed. If it looks like a more serious injury, it is best not to move the victim as many car accident injuries involve the neck and/or spine. Call 911 right away for emergency medical attention if anyone has been injured.
- Call the police. Even if the accident is minor, a police officer will write a report that will be very useful when making your claim. If the accident was caused by criminal actions, such as a DWI or reckless driving, the police need to be on the scene quickly to gather evidence and arrest the suspect.
- Collect evidence and other important information. You should get the negligent driver's personal, contact, and insurance information. It is also useful to take photos of the vehicles and the entire scene for skid marks or property damage.
- Notify your insurance carrier and make a claim with the at-fault driver's insurance. Many insurance companies have strict rules about how long after a crash you can file a claim. Not filing on time could complicate your case.
- Contact HK Law. We are one of the leading car accidents injury law firms in the Macon, MO area. When you hire us, we will:
- Gather police and accident reports
- Acquire evidence from the scene
- Review your medical records
- Find and question eyewitnesses
- Work with car accident experts to determine fault
The personal injury lawyers at HK Law have experience fighting and winning a wide variety of personal injury cases. Check out the links below to see more about the services we offer.
- Injury Claim Lawyer
- Drunk Driving Accident Lawyers
- Auto Crash Attorney
- Truck Crash Lawyers
- Slip and Fall Lawyer
- Personal Injury Attorney
- Wrongful Death Lawyer
- Accident Attorney
- Injury Lawyer
Car Accidents Law Firm in Macon, MO | HK Law
When you are injured in a car accident because of someone else's negligent driving, you need a talented and experienced car accidents law firm like HK Law in your corner to ensure you collect the compensation you deserve. Too many times insurance companies attempt to give you less money than you are owed. Our persistence, attention to detail and expertise will ensure that you get a just settlement. If a fair settlement cannot be reached, we will argue your case in front of a judge and jury. We charge no upfront fees and you will never pay us a penny unless we win your case. Call us today at 877-51-HKLAW or contact us online to find out more about how the Macon, MO car accidents law firm of Halvorsen Klote can help you.