Car Accidents Law Firm Linn, MO
Call 877-51-HKLAW for a Consultation and Case Review.
Car Accidents Law Firm Linn, MO. Our team of attorneys at Halvorsen Klote are a leading car accidents law firm in Linn, MO. When the negligent parties do not want to equitably compensate you for your injuries, we will be there to fight on your behalf and help you get the compensation you are owed. If you or someone you care about has been affected by a car accident caused by someone else's negligence, call the car accidents law firm of Halvorsen Klote at 877-51-HKLAW or contact us online.
The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration estimates that there are between five and six million car accidents nationwide each year, which lead to three million injuries. 38,680 people died in car wrecks in the U.S. in 2020, the highest number of fatalities since 2007, even though Americans were driving less during the pandemic. While nobody wants to imagine it, your life can change in in a second when other Linn, MO drivers are not careful while they're on the road. Whether your accident led to injuries that will require lifelong treatment, or the reckless driver's insurance company does not want to pay for your emergency medical care, Halvorsen Klote's car accidents law firm will help get you the compensation that you are entitled to to help you in your recovery. As a leading car accidents law firm in Linn, MO, we have a reputation for our thorough preparation and attention to detail, and our car accidents lawyers and staff will stay in constant communication with you until the end of your case.
Common Types and Causes of Car Accidents in Linn, MO
Car accidents are complicated and each has its own specific set of circumstances. The attorneys of our Linn, MO car accidents law firm have experience with helping our clients collect damages in a variety of different motor vehicle crashes. Some of the most common kinds of car accidents in Linn, MO are:
- Head-on collisions. These can be the among the most devastating and calamitous crashes, and are usually caused by negligent or reckless driving.
- Rear-end collisions. These accidents account for about 29% of accidents and usually happen in heavy traffic. They can frequently cause whiplash or other neck injuries.
- T-Bone collisions. These happen when a car hits the side of another car. These can often cause serious injuries for a passenger or driver.
- Pedestrian collisions. These collisions can be incredibly dangerous as pedestrians have little to no protection from the amount of force a vehicle can exert.
- Low-speed collisions. While damage to a vehicle is often minimal in these crashes, significant injuries can still happen. Low-speed collisions often occur in Linn, MO parking lots, or low-speed areas such as school zones.
- Sideswipe collisions. Also called merging collisions, these happen when someone does not pay attention to their blind spot when merging, or when a driver is not paying attentions and weaves out of their lane. As these regularly occur at high-speeds on the highway, they can cause serious destruction and injury.
- Single car accidents. These occur when a driver does not maintain control of their vehicle, and can often be affected by Linn, MO weather conditions. They can also be caused by drowsy or impaired driving.
- Multi-Vehicle collisions. These are especially dangerous as a car can be hit from multiple angles and directions, and they are often hard to avoid.
Whatever type of car accident you suffered injuries, property damage, or other damages from, it is often because of negligence on the part of another motorist. Examples of negligence in car accidents include:
- Distracted Driving, such as:
- Texting while driving
- Eating while driving
- Looking at directions
- Adjusting the radio
- Changing heat or AC settings
- Driving while drunk or on drugs
- Drowsy or fatigued driving
- Reckless driving
The best method of avoiding causing a crash yourself is to obey the laws and rules of the road in Linn, MO and pay attention at all times. If you've been injured because of another driver's reckless behavior, you need the Linn, MO car accidents law firm of HK Law to fight for you and get the compensation you're entitled to. Our car accident lawyers will make sure you are compensated for your personal property damage, medical bills, lost wages, and pain and suffering.
What to Do After a Car Accident in Linn, MO
Even being involved in a minor accident can be jarring and frightening. There are a several steps you should take directly after a car accident and before contacting a car accident law firm:
- Make sure everyone is safe. If the accident is minor, it's a good idea to pull over to the side of the road to not obstruct incoming traffic. If it is more significant, turn your car off and turn the hazard lights on. Then make sure to seek medical attention for anybody who has been hurt. If it looks like a more serious injury, it is best not to move the victim as many car accident injuries involve the neck and/or spine. Call 911 right away for emergency medical attention if anyone has been injured.
- Call the police. Even if the accident is minor, a police officer will write a report that will be very useful when filing your claim. If the accident was caused by criminal actions, such as a DWI or reckless driving, the police will want to be on the scene quickly to gather evidence and arrest the suspect.
- Collect evidence and other important information. You ought to get the negligent driver's personal, contact, and insurance information. It is also helpful to take photographs of the vehicles and the entire scene for skid marks or property damage.
- Notify your insurance carrier and make a claim with the at-fault driver's insurance. Many insurance companies have stringent regulations about how how much time can pass after a crash before you file a claim. Not filing on time could complicate your case.
- Contact HK Law. We are one of the leading car accidents injury law firms in the Linn, MO area. When you hire us, we will:
- Acquire police and accident reports
- Collect evidence from the scene
- Go over your medical records
- Find and question eyewitnesses
- Work with car accident experts to determine liability
The personal injury lawyers at HK Law have experience fighting and winning a wide variety of personal injury cases. Check out the links below to see more about the services we offer.
- Injury Claim Lawyer
- Drunk Driving Accident Lawyers
- Auto Crash Attorney
- Truck Crash Lawyers
- Slip and Fall Lawyer
- Personal Injury Attorney
- Wrongful Death Lawyer
- Accident Attorney
- Injury Lawyer
Car Accidents Law Firm in Linn, MO | HK Law
When you are hurt in a car accident because of someone else's careless behavior, you require a skilled and experienced car accidents law firm like HK Law by your side to ensure you receive the compensation you are entitled to. Too often insurance companies try to give you less money than you are owed. Our persistence, attention to detail and expertise will ensure that you get a equitable settlement. If we cannot agree on a fair settlement, we will take your case to court. We charge no upfront fees and you will never owe us a penny unless we win your case. Call us today at 877-51-HKLAW or contact us online to find out more about how the Linn, MO car accidents law firm of Halvorsen Klote can help you.