Car Accidents Law Firm Town and Country, MO
Call 877-51-HKLAW for a Consultation and Case Review.
Car Accidents Law Firm Town and Country, MO. Our team of lawyers at Halvorsen Klote are a leading car accidents law firm in Town and Country, MO. When the negligent parties do not want to fairly compensate you for your damages, we will be there to fight for you and help you get the compensation you deserve. If you or a family member has been injured in a car accident caused by someone else's reckless behavior, call the car accidents law firm of Halvorsen Klote at 877-51-HKLAW or contact us online.
The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration estimates that there are between five and six million car accidents in the U.S. every year, which lead to three million injuries. 38,680 people died in auto accidents in the U.S. in 2020, the most since 2007, in spite of the fact that Americans were driving less during the pandemic. While it can be hard to imagine, your life can change in an instant when other Town and Country, MO residents are not careful while they're on the road. Whether your accident caused injuries that will need lifelong treatment, or the negligent driver's insurance company is declining to pay for your emergency room visit, Halvorsen Klote's car accidents law firm will help get you the compensation that you deserve to help you in your recovery. As a leading car accidents law firm in Town and Country, MO, we have a reputation for our painstaking preparation and attention to detail, and our car accidents lawyers and staff will stay in constant communication with you throughout your case.
Common Types and Causes of Car Accidents in Town and Country, MO
Car accidents are complicated and each has its own unique set of circumstances. The attorneys of our Town and Country, MO car accidents law firm have experience with helping our clients receive damages in a variety of different auto accidents. Some of the most common sorts of car accidents in Town and Country, MO are:
- Head-on collisions. These can be the among the most destructive and calamitous crashes, and usually happen because of negligent or reckless driving.
- Rear-end collisions. These accidents account for about 29% of accidents and usually happen in condensed traffic. They can regularly cause whiplash or other neck injuries.
- T-Bone collisions. These take place when a car hits the side of another car. These can often cause severe injuries for a passenger or driver.
- Pedestrian collisions. These accidents can be particularly dangerous as pedestrians have little to no way to protect themselves from the amount of force a vehicle can exert.
- Low-speed collisions. While damage to a vehicle is often minor in these accidents, severe injuries can still happen. Low-speed collisions often take place in Town and Country, MO parking lots, or low-speed areas such as school zones.
- Sideswipe collisions. Also called merging collisions, these happen when someone does not take in account their blind spot when merging, or when a driver is distracted and weaves out of their lane. As these frequently happen at high-speeds on the highway, they can result in severe destruction and injury.
- Single car accidents. These happen when a driver does not maintain control of their vehicle, and Town and Country, MO weather conditions often have an effect. They can also be caused by drowsy or impaired driving.
- Multi-Vehicle collisions. These are especially dangerous as a car can be hit from multiple angles and directions, and they are often hard to avoid.
Whatever type of car accident you suffered injuries, property damage, or other damages from, it is frequently because of negligence on the part of another person. Cases of negligence in car accidents include:
- Distracted Driving, for example:
- Texting while driving
- Eating while driving
- Looking at directions
- Changing the radio
- Changing temperature settings
- Driving while drunk or on drugs
- Drowsy or fatigued driving
- Reckless driving
The best method of avoiding creating an accident yourself is to follow the laws and rules of the road in Town and Country, MO and pay attention at all times. If you've been injured because of another driver's careless driving, you need the Town and Country, MO car accidents law firm of HK Law to fight by your side and get the recovery you're entitled to. Our car accident lawyers will make sure you are compensated for your personal property damage, medical bills, lost wages, and pain and suffering.
What to Do After a Car Accident in Town and Country, MO
Even being involved in a minor accident can be nerve-racking and unsettling. There are a number of steps you should take immediately following a car accident and before contacting a car accident law firm:
- Make sure everyone is safe. If the accident is minor, you should pull over to the side of the road to get out of the way of incoming traffic. If it is more significant, turn your car off and turn the hazard lights on. Then you need to seek medical attention for anybody who has been hurt. If it appears to be a more serious injury, it is best not to move the victim as many car accident injuries involve the neck and/or spine. Call 911 immediately for emergency medical attention if someone has been injured.
- Call the police. Even if the accident is minor, a police officer will write a report that will be very helpful when filing your claim. If the accident was caused by criminal actions, such as a DWI or reckless driving, the police will want to be on the scene quickly to collect evidence and arrest the suspect.
- Collect evidence and other important information. You ought to get the negligent driver's personal, contact, and insurance information. It is also useful to take photographs of the vehicles and the surrounding area for skid marks or property damage.
- Notify your insurance carrier and make a claim with the at-fault driver's insurance. Many insurance companies have stringent rules about how how much time can pass after a crash before you file a claim. Not filing on time could make your case more complicated.
- Contact HK Law. We are one of the best car accidents injury law firms in the Town and Country, MO area. When you hire us, we will:
- Obtain police and accident reports
- Gather evidence from the scene
- Go over your medical records
- Find and get statements from eyewitnesses
- Work with car accident experts to determine fault
The personal injury lawyers at HK Law have experience fighting and winning a wide variety of personal injury cases. Check out the links below to see more about the services we offer.
- Injury Claim Lawyer
- Drunk Driving Accident Lawyers
- Auto Crash Attorney
- Truck Crash Lawyers
- Slip and Fall Lawyer
- Personal Injury Attorney
- Wrongful Death Lawyer
- Accident Attorney
- Injury Lawyer
Car Accidents Law Firm in Town and Country, MO | HK Law
When you are hurt in a car accident because of someone else's negligent driving, you require a talented and accomplished car accidents law firm like HK Law in your corner to make sure you recover the compensation you are owed. Too often insurance companies want to give you less money than you are entitled to. Our tenacity, attention to detail and expertise will ensure that you get a fair settlement. If a fair settlement cannot be reached, we will argue your case in front of a judge and jury. We charge no upfront fees and you will never pay us anything unless we win your case. Call us today at 877-51-HKLAW or contact us online to find out more about how the Town and Country, MO car accidents law firm of Halvorsen Klote can help you.