Car Accidents Law Firm Ballwin, MO
Call 877-51-HKLAW for a Consultation and Case Review.
Car Accidents Law Firm Ballwin, MO. Our team of lawyers at Halvorsen Klote are a leading car accidents law firm in Ballwin, MO. When the reckless parties do not want to fairly compensate you for your injuries, we will be by your side to fight on your behalf and help you get the compensation you are entitled to. If you or someone you care about has been injured in a car accident caused by someone else's careless driving, call the car accidents law firm of Halvorsen Klote at 877-51-HKLAW or contact us online.
The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration estimates that there are between five and six million car accidents in the United States each year, which lead to three million injuries. 38,680 people died in motor vehicle wrecks in the U.S. in 2020, the highest number of fatalities since 2007, despite Americans driving less during the pandemic. While it can be hard to imagine, your life can change in in a second when other Ballwin, MO people are not careful while they're on the road. Whether your accident caused injuries that will require lifelong treatment, or the careless driver's insurance company is declining to pay for your emergency room visit, Halvorsen Klote's car accidents law firm will help get you the compensation that you deserve to aid you while you heal. As a leading car accidents law firm in Ballwin, MO, we are known for our painstaking preparation and attention to detail, and our car accidents lawyers and staff will stay in constant communication with you throughout your case.
Common Types and Causes of Car Accidents in Ballwin, MO
Car accidents are complicated and each has its own specific set of circumstances. The attorneys of our Ballwin, MO car accidents law firm have experience with helping our clients receive compensation in a wide array of different motor vehicle wrecks. Some of the most common sorts of car accidents in Ballwin, MO are:
- Head-on collisions. These can be the among the most disastrous and calamitous wrecks, and are usually the result of negligent or reckless driving.
- Rear-end collisions. These accidents account for about 29% of accidents and usually take place in heavy traffic. They can frequently cause whiplash or other neck injuries.
- T-Bone collisions. These happen when a car hits the side of another car. These can often cause devastating injuries for a passenger or driver.
- Pedestrian collisions. These collisions can be incredibly dangerous as pedestrians have little to no protection from the amount of force a vehicle can exert.
- Low-speed collisions. While damage to a vehicle is often minimal in these accidents, serious injuries can still happen. Low-speed collisions often happen in Ballwin, MO parking lots, or low-speed areas such as school zones.
- Sideswipe collisions. Also called merging collisions, these happen when someone does not observe their blind spot when merging, or when a driver is distracted and veers out of their lane. As these often happen at high-speeds on the highway, they can cause severe destruction and injury.
- Single car accidents. These occur when a driver loses control of their vehicle, and can often be affected by Ballwin, MO weather conditions. They can also be caused by drowsy or impaired driving.
- Multi-Vehicle collisions. These are particularly dangerous as a car can be hit from multiple angles and directions, and they are often difficult to avoid.
Whatever type of car accident you suffered injuries, property damage, or other damages from, it is frequently the result of negligence on the part of another motorist. Instances of negligence in car accidents include:
- Distracted Driving, for example:
- Texting while driving
- Eating while driving
- Looking at directions
- Changing the radio
- Adjusting heat or AC settings
- Driving while drunk or on drugs
- Drowsy or fatigued driving
- Reckless driving
The best method of avoiding creating an accident yourself is to heed the laws and rules of the road in Ballwin, MO and concentrating on the road in front of you at all times. If you've been injured because of another driver's careless driving, you need the Ballwin, MO car accidents law firm of HK Law to fight on your behalf and get the recovery you're owed. Our car accident lawyers will make sure you are compensated for your personal property damage, medical bills, lost wages, and pain and suffering.
What to Do After a Car Accident in Ballwin, MO
Even being involved in a minor accident can be jarring and frightening. There are a number of things you should do immediately following a car accident and before contacting a car accident law firm:
- Make sure everyone is safe. If the accident is minor, you should pull over to the side of the road to not obstruct incoming traffic. If it is more severe, turn your car off and turn the hazard lights on. Then you need to seek medical attention for anybody who has been harmed. If it appears to be a more severe injury, it is best not to move the victim as many car accident injuries involve the neck and/or spine. Call 911 immediately for emergency medical care if someone has been injured.
- Call the police. Even if the accident is not serious, a police officer will write a report that will be very helpful when making your claim. If the accident was caused by a crime, such as a DWI or reckless driving, the police need to arrive at the scene quickly to gather evidence and arrest the suspect.
- Collect evidence and other important information. You need to get the negligent driver's personal, contact, and insurance information. It is also helpful to take photos of the vehicles and the entire scene for skid marks or property damage.
- Notify your insurance carrier and make a claim with the at-fault driver's insurance. Many insurance companies have strict rules about how long after a crash you can file a claim. Not filing on time could make your case more difficult.
- Contact HK Law. We are one of the best car accidents injury law firms in the Ballwin, MO area. When you hire us, we will:
- Gather police and accident reports
- Collect evidence from the scene
- Review your medical records
- Find and question eyewitnesses
- Work with car accident experts to determine liability
The personal injury lawyers at HK Law have experience fighting and winning a wide variety of personal injury cases. Check out the links below to see more about the services we offer.
- Injury Claim Lawyer
- Drunk Driving Accident Lawyers
- Auto Crash Attorney
- Truck Crash Lawyers
- Slip and Fall Lawyer
- Personal Injury Attorney
- Wrongful Death Lawyer
- Accident Attorney
- Injury Lawyer
Car Accidents Law Firm in Ballwin, MO | HK Law
When you are hurt in a car accident through no fault of your own, you require a knowledgeable and accomplished car accidents law firm like HK Law by your side to ensure you collect the compensation you are entitled to. Too often insurance companies try to give you less money than you are owed. Our determination, attention to detail and savvy will ensure that you get a just settlement. If a fair settlement cannot be reached, we will take your case to court. We charge no upfront fees and you will never owe us a dime unless we win your case. Call us today at 877-51-HKLAW or contact us online to find out more about how the Ballwin, MO car accidents law firm of Halvorsen Klote can help you.