Car Accidents Law Firm Ballwin, MO
Call 877-51-HKLAW for a Consultation and Case Review.
Car Accidents Law Firm Ballwin, MO. Our attorneys at Halvorsen Klote are a leading car accidents law firm in Ballwin, MO. When the people who caused your injury do not want to fairly compensate you for your injuries, we will provide you with expert legal representation and help you get the compensation you are entitled to. If you or a family member has been affected by a car accident caused by someone else's careless driving, get in touch with the car accidents law firm of Halvorsen Klote at 877-51-HKLAW or contact us online.
The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration reports that there are approximately five to six million car accidents in the U.S. each year, resulting in three million injuries. there were 38,600 deaths in auto wrecks in the U.S. in 2020, the most since 2007, despite Americans driving less during the pandemic. While nobody wants to imagine it, your life can be upended in in a second when other Ballwin, MO people do not obey the rules of the road. Whether your accident caused injuries that will necessitate lifelong treatment, or the reckless driver's insurance company does not want to fairly compensate you, Halvorsen Klote's car accidents law firm will secure for you the financial recovery that you deserve to aid you while you heal. As a leading car accidents law firm in Ballwin, MO, we have a reputation for our client-centered approach, and our car accidents lawyers and paralegals will keep in constant communication with you throughout your case.
Auto Accidents Our Ballwin, MO Car Accident Law Firm Takes On
Car accidents are complex|Each. The attorneys of our Ballwin, MO car accidents law firm have experience with helping our clients investigate and get a financial recovery for many types of car accidents. Some of the most common kinds of car accidents in Ballwin, MO are:
- Head-on Collisions — These can cause severely debilitating injuries, and usually happen because of someone driving on the wrong side of the road because they were drunk or distracted.
- Rear-end Collisions — These make up almost a third of accidents and usually take place in heavy traffic. They can often result in whiplash.
- T-Bone Collisions — These happen when the front of a vehicle strikes the side of another. Passengers are often the injury victims in these crashes.
- Pedestrian Collisions — Pedestrians are at high-risk when drivers are negligent because they have little to no protection from the amount of the mass and speed of vehicles.
- Low-speed Collisions — While you might think these lead to only minor injuries, significant injuries can still happen. Low-speed collisions are common in Ballwin, MO parking lots, or low-speed areas such as school zones.
- Sideswipe Collisions — Also called merging collisions, these happen when someone does not observe their blind spot when merging, or when a driver is not paying attentions and weaves out of their lane. As these often happen at highway speeds, they can result in significant devastation and injury.
- Single Car Accidents — These occur when a driver does not maintain control of their vehicle, and Ballwin, MO weather conditions often have an effect.
- Multi-Vehicle Collisions — These are incredibly dangerous as a car can be struck multiple times, and avoiding them is often next to impossible.
No matter the cause of an accident, it is sometimes because of negligence on the part of another motorist. Examples of negligence in car accidents include:
- Distracted Driving, such as:
- Texting while driving
- Eating while driving
- Looking at a map
- Changing the radio
- Adjusting heat or AC settings
- Being lost in thought
- Driving while drunk or on drugs
- Driving when tired
- Reckless driving
The best method of avoiding being the negligent party in an accident is to observe the rules of the road in Ballwin, MO and be cognizant of your surroundings at all times. If another driver caused you injuries, you need the Ballwin, MO car accidents law firm of HK Law to faithfully and fiercely represent you. Our car accident lawyers will make sure you are compensated for your personal property damage, medical bills, lost wages, and pain and suffering.
What to Do After a Car Accident in Ballwin, MO
Even minor accidents can be nerve-racking and frightening. There are a several steps you should take immediately after a car accident and before consulting with a car accident law firm:
- Make sure everyone is safe — If there is no serious damage or injuries, you should pull over to the side of the road. If it is more serious, turn off the ignition and turn the hazard lights on. Then you need to seek medical attention for anybody who has been hurt. If it appears to be a more severe injury, it is best not to move the victim as they may have received an injury to their spine. Call 911 immediately for emergency medical care if anyone has been injured.
- Call the police — Even if the accident is minor, a police officer will write a report that will be very helpful when proving liability. If the accident was caused by criminal actions, such as a DWI or excessive speeding, the police need to be on the scene quickly to take action.
- Gather evidence and other important information — You will want to get the negligent driver's personal, contact, and insurance information. It is also helpful to take pictures of the vehicles and the surrounding area to show what might have caused the accident.
- Notify your insurance carrier and make a claim with the at-fault driver's insurance — Many insurance companies have stringent rules about how long after a crash you can file a claim. Not filing on time could complicate your case.
- Contact HK Law — We are one of the best car accidents injury law firms in the Ballwin, MO area. When you hire us, we will:
- Obtain police and accident reports
- Collect evidence from the scene
- Go over your medical records
- Take depositions from witnesses and experts
- Work with crash to determine liability
The personal injury lawyers at Halvorsen Klote have experience winning a wide variety of injury claims. Take a look at the links below to see more about the services we offer.
- Premises Liability Attorneys
- Automobile Injury Attorney
- Motorcycle Accidents Attorney
- Lawyer for Bicycle Accident
- Pedestrian Accident Lawyer
- Injury Claim Lawyer
- Drunk Driving Accident Lawyers
- Auto Crash Attorney
- Truck Crash Lawyers
- Slip and Fall Lawyer
Car Accidents Law Firm in Ballwin, MO | HK Law
When you are harmed in a car accident because of someone else's negligent behavior, you require a knowledgeable and accomplished car accidents law firm like HK Law by your side to make sure you recover the compensation you deserve. Too many times insurance companies try to give you less money than you are entitled to. Our determination, attention to detail and expertise will ensure that you get a fair settlement. If we cannot agree on a fair settlement, we will argue your case in front of a judge and jury. We charge no upfront fees and you will never pay us a penny unless we win your case. Call us today at 877-51-HKLAW or contact us online to find out more about how the Ballwin, MO car accidents law firm of Halvorsen Klote can help you.