Car Accidents Law Firm Fairview Heights, IL
Call 877-51-HKLAW for a Consultation and Case Review.
Car Accidents Law Firm Fairview Heights, IL. Our team of lawyers at Halvorsen Klote are a leading car accidents law firm in Fairview Heights, IL. When the at-fault parties do not want to equitably compensate you for your injuries, we will provide you with expert legal representation and help you get the compensation you deserve. If you or a loved one has been impacted by a car accident caused by someone else's negligence, reach out to the car accidents law firm of Halvorsen Klote at 877-51-HKLAW or contact us online.
The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration estimates that there are between five to six million car accidents in the U.S. annually, resulting in three million injuries. there were 38,600 fatalities in auto wrecks in the U.S. in 2020, the highest number of fatalities since 2007, in spite of the fact that Americans were driving less because of COVID-19. While we don't think about it, your life can be turned completely upside down in an instant when other Fairview Heights, IL drivers do not follow the rules of the road. Whether your accident caused injuries that resulted in permanent disability, or the reckless driver's insurance company refuses to pay for your emergency medical care, Halvorsen Klote's car accidents law firm will help get you the compensation that you are entitled to to help you while you heal. As an experienced and hardworking car accidents law firm in Fairview Heights, IL, we have a reputation for our client-centered approach, and our car accidents lawyers and staff will remain in constant communication with you until the end of your case.
Auto Accidents Our Fairview Heights, IL Car Accident Law Firm Takes On
Car accidents are complex|Each. The attorneys of our Fairview Heights, IL car accidents law firm have experience with helping our clients recover compensation in a variety of different auto crashes. We have gotten great compensation for our Fairview Heights, IL clients in:
- Head-on Collisions — These can cause severely debilitating injuries, and are usually caused by someone driving on the wrong side of the road because they were drunk or distracted.
- Rear-end Collisions — These accidents account for about 29% of accidents and usually happen in heavy traffic. They can often lead to whiplash.
- T-Bone Collisions — These occur when a car runs into the side of another car. These can often cause severe injuries for a passenger or driver.
- Pedestrian Collisions — These accidents can be incredibly dangerous as pedestrians have nowhere near the protection of vehicle occupants and because of force a vehicle can carry.
- Low-speed Collisions — While you might think these lead to only minor injuries, neck injuries and herniated discs can still happen. Low-speed collisions are common in Fairview Heights, IL parking lots, or low-speed areas like school zones.
- Sideswipe Collisions — Also called merging collisions, these happen when someone does not pay attention to their blind spot when merging, or when a driver is not paying attentions and swerves out of their lane. As these consistently occur at highway speeds, they can cause serious devastation and injury.
- Single Car Accidents — These occur when a driver is drunk, reckless, otherwise negligent, or because of Fairview Heights, IL weather conditions.
- Multi-Vehicle Collisions — These are incredibly dangerous as a car can be hit from multiple angles and directions, and they are often difficult to avoid.
No matter the circumstances of an accident, it is often the result of negligence on the part of another driver. Common types of negligence in car accidents include:
- Distracted Driving, such as:
- Texting while driving
- Eating while driving
- Looking at directions
- Changing the radio
- Adjusting climate settings
- Driving while drunk or on drugs
- Driving when tired
- Reckless driving
The best method of avoiding causing an accident yourself is to follow the rules of the road in Fairview Heights, IL and pay attention to the road ahead at all times. If another driver caused you injuries, you need the Fairview Heights, IL car accidents law firm of HK Law to faithfully and fiercely represent you. Our car accident lawyers will ensure your financial recovery compensates you for the full extent of how your injury has affected you.
What to Do After a Car Accident in Fairview Heights, IL
Even being involved in a minor accident are scary and cause sudden confusion. There are a several things you should do when involved in an accident and before consulting with a car accident law firm:
- Make sure everyone is safe — If there is no serious damage or injuries, you should get out of the way of incoming traffic. If it is more serious, turn your car off and turn the hazard lights on. Then call emergency services and render aid to anyone you are able to. If it looks like a more significant injury, leave the victim still because they may have received an injury to their spine. Call 911 right away for emergency medical attention if anyone has been injured.
- Call the police — Even for minor accidents, a police officer will write a report that will be very helpful when filing your claim. If the accident was caused by criminal actions, such as drunk driving or reckless driving, the police will want to arrive at the scene quickly to take action.
- Gather evidence and other important information — You should get the at-fault driver's personal, contact, and insurance information. It is also helpful to take pictures of the vehicles and the surrounding area for skid marks or property damage.
- File an insurance claim — Many insurance companies have stringent regulations about how how much time can pass after a crash before you file a claim. Not filing on time could complicate your case.
- Contact HK Law — We are one of the leading car accidents injury law firms in the Fairview Heights, IL area. When you hire us, we will:
- Gather police and accident reports
- Acquire evidence from the scene
- Review your medical records
- Take depositions from witnesses and experts
- Work with crash to determine fault
The personal injury lawyers at HK Law have experience fighting a wide variety of personal injury cases. Check out the links below to see what other cases we take on.
- Bike Wreck Lawyer
- What to Do After a Car Accident
- Premises Liability Attorneys
- Automobile Injury Attorney
- Motorcycle Accidents Attorney
- Lawyer for Bicycle Accident
- Pedestrian Accident Lawyer
- Injury Claim Lawyer
- Drunk Driving Accident Lawyers
- Auto Crash Attorney
Car Accidents Law Firm in Fairview Heights, IL | HK Law
When you are injured in a car accident because of someone else's negligent driving, you need a knowledgeable and accomplished car accidents law firm like HK Law in your corner to make sure you are awarded the compensation you are entitled to. Too many times insurance companies attempt to give you less money than you deserve. Our work ethic, attention to detail and savvy will ensure that you get a fair settlement. If a fair settlement cannot be reached, we will take your case to court. We charge no upfront fees and you will never owe us anything unless we win your case. Call us today at 877-51-HKLAW or contact us online to find out more about how the Fairview Heights, IL car accidents law firm of Halvorsen Klote can help you.
Attorney at Law
Joel Halvorsen and his partner Greg Klote founded the Halvorsen Klote law firm on the principle that injured people and their families should have access to the same quality legal representation as large insurance companies.
Attorney at Law
Greg Klote is a partner and founder of Halvorsen Klote.
Greg has successfully fought for people who were injured through no fault of their own. He became a lawyer to help make a difference in the lives of those who have been wronged and treated unfairly.