Car Accidents Law Firm Fairview Heights, IL
Call 877-51-HKLAW for a Consultation and Case Review.
Car Accidents Law Firm Fairview Heights, IL. Our team of lawyers at Halvorsen Klote are a leading car accidents law firm in Fairview Heights, IL. When the liable parties do not want to equitably compensate you for your injuries, we will be there to fight on your behalf and help you get the compensation you deserve. If you or someone you care about has been injured in a car accident caused by someone else's reckless actions, call the car accidents law firm of Halvorsen Klote at 877-51-HKLAW or contact us online.
The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration estimates that there are between five and six million car accidents in the United States every year, which cause three million injuries. 38,680 people died in auto accidents in the U.S. in 2020, the highest number of fatalities since 2007, despite Americans driving less during the pandemic. While nobody wants to imagine it, your life can change in in a second when other Fairview Heights, IL residents are not careful while they're on the road. Whether your accident caused injuries that will necessitate lifelong treatment, or the reckless driver's insurance company is declining to pay for your emergency medical care, Halvorsen Klote's car accidents law firm will help get you the compensation that you are owed to aid you while you heal. As a leading car accidents law firm in Fairview Heights, IL, we have a reputation for our meticulous preparation and attention to detail, and our car accidents lawyers and staff will keep in constant communication with you throughout your case.
Common Types and Causes of Car Accidents in Fairview Heights, IL
Car accidents are complex and each has its own individual set of circumstances. The attorneys of our Fairview Heights, IL car accidents law firm have experience with helping our clients recover damages in a variety of different car accidents. Some of the most common sorts of car accidents in Fairview Heights, IL are:
- Head-on collisions. These can be the among the most disastrous and calamitous wrecks, and usually happen because of negligent or reckless driving.
- Rear-end collisions. These accidents account for about 29% of accidents and usually happen in condensed traffic. They can often result in whiplash or other neck injuries.
- T-Bone collisions. These happen when a car runs into the side of another car. These can often cause serious injuries for a passenger or driver.
- Pedestrian collisions. These collisions can be incredibly dangerous as pedestrians have little to no way to protect themselves from the amount of force a vehicle can carry.
- Low-speed collisions. While damage to a vehicle is often minimal in these accidents, significant injuries can still happen. Low-speed collisions often occur in Fairview Heights, IL parking lots, or low-speed areas such as school zones.
- Sideswipe collisions. Also called merging collisions, these happen when someone does not pay attention to their blind spot when merging, or when a driver is not paying attentions and swerves out of their lane. As these often happen at high-speeds on the highway, they can cause significant damage and injury.
- Single car accidents. These happen when a driver loses control of their vehicle, and can often be affected by Fairview Heights, IL weather conditions. They can also be caused by drowsy or impaired driving.
- Multi-Vehicle collisions. These are incredibly dangerous as a car can be hit from multiple angles and directions, and they are often difficult to avoid.
Whatever type of car accident you suffered injuries, property damage, or other damages from, it is frequently because of negligence on the part of another motorist. Examples of negligence in car accidents include:
- Distracted Driving, for example:
- Texting while driving
- Eating while driving
- Looking at directions
- Changing the radio
- Changing heat or AC settings
- Driving while drunk or on drugs
- Drowsy or fatigued driving
- Reckless driving
The best way to avoid creating a crash yourself is to heed the laws and rules of the road in Fairview Heights, IL and focusing on the road ahead at all times. If you've been injured because of another driver's reckless driving, you need the Fairview Heights, IL car accidents law firm of HK Law to fight for you and get the recovery you're owed. Our car accident lawyers will make sure you are compensated for your personal property damage, medical bills, lost wages, and pain and suffering.
What to Do After a Car Accident in Fairview Heights, IL
Even being involved in a minor accident can be nerve-racking and frightening. There are a number of steps you should take immediately following a car accident and before contacting a car accident law firm:
- Make sure everyone is safe. If the accident is minor, you should pull over to the side of the road to get out of the way of incoming traffic. If it is more serious, turn your car off and turn the hazard lights on. Then make sure to seek medical attention for anybody who has been hurt. If it looks like a more severe injury, it is best not to move the victim as many car accident injuries involve the neck and/or spine. Call 911 immediately for emergency medical attention if somebody has been injured.
- Call the police. Even if the accident is not serious, a police officer will write a report that will be very useful when making your claim. If the accident was caused by criminal behavior, such as a DWI or reckless driving, the police need to be on the scene quickly to gather evidence and arrest the suspect.
- Collect evidence and other important information. You should get the at-fault driver's personal, contact, and insurance information. It is also useful to take photos of the vehicles and the surrounding area for skid marks or property damage.
- Notify your insurance carrier and make a claim with the at-fault driver's insurance. Many insurance companies have strict rules about how how much time can pass after a crash before you file a claim. Not filing on time could make your case more complicated.
- Contact HK Law. We are one of the leading car accidents injury law firms in the Fairview Heights, IL area. When you hire us, we will:
- Gather police and accident reports
- Gather evidence from the scene
- Go over your medical records
- Find and get statements from eyewitnesses
- Work with car accident experts to determine liability
The personal injury lawyers at HK Law have experience fighting and winning a wide variety of personal injury cases. Check out the links below to see more about the services we offer.
- Injury Claim Lawyer
- Drunk Driving Accident Lawyers
- Auto Crash Attorney
- Truck Crash Lawyers
- Slip and Fall Lawyer
- Personal Injury Attorney
- Wrongful Death Lawyer
- Accident Attorney
- Injury Lawyer
Car Accidents Law Firm in Fairview Heights, IL | HK Law
When you are hurt in a car accident through no fault of your own, you require a knowledgeable and accomplished car accidents law firm like HK Law in your corner to make sure you recover the compensation you are entitled to. Too often insurance companies try to give you less money than you are entitled to. Our persistence, attention to detail and savvy will ensure that you get a equitable settlement. If a fair settlement cannot be reached, we will take your case to court. We charge no upfront fees and you will never pay us anything unless we win your case. Call us today at 877-51-HKLAW or contact us online to find out more about how the Fairview Heights, IL car accidents law firm of Halvorsen Klote can help you.