Car Accidents Law Firm Chamois, MO
Call 877-51-HKLAW for a Consultation and Case Review.
Car Accidents Law Firm Chamois, MO. Our attorneys at Halvorsen Klote are a leading car accidents law firm in Chamois, MO. When the people who caused your injury do not want to equitably compensate you for your damages, we will provide you with expert legal representation and help you get the compensation you need to truly recover. If you or a loved one has been impacted by a car accident caused by someone else's negligence, call the car accidents law firm of Halvorsen Klote at 877-51-HKLAW or contact us online.
The NHTSA reports that there are approximately five to six million car accidents in the U.S. annually, resulting in 4.8 million serious injuries. there were 38,600 deaths in car wrecks in the U.S. in 2020, the highest number of fatalities since 2007, despite Americans driving less because of COVID-19. While it can be hard to imagine, your life can be upended in in a second when other Chamois, MO drivers do not follow the rules of the road. Whether your accident resulted in injuries that will need lifelong treatment, or the negligent driver's insurance company does not want to fairly compensate you, Halvorsen Klote's car accidents law firm will help get you the compensation that you are entitled to to help you in your recovery. As a leading car accidents law firm in Chamois, MO, we are known for our thorough attention to detail, and our car accidents lawyers and paralegals will remain in constant communication with you until the end of your case.
Common Types and Causes of Car Accidents in Chamois, MO
Car accidents are complicated|Each. The attorneys of our Chamois, MO car accidents law firm have experience with helping our clients collect damages in a variety of different auto wrecks. We have gotten great compensation for our Chamois, MO clients in:
- Head-on Collisions — These can be the among the most disastrous and catastrophic wrecks, and are usually the result of someone driving on the wrong side of the road because they were drunk or distracted.
- Rear-end Collisions — These make up over a quarter of accidents and usually happen in condensed traffic. They can often result in neck injuries.
- T-Bone Collisions — These take place when a car runs into the side of another car. Passengers are often the injury victims in these crashes.
- Pedestrian Collisions — These collisions can be particularly dangerous as pedestrians have nowhere near the protection of vehicle occupants and because of the mass and speed of vehicles.
- Low-speed Collisions — While you might think these lead to only minor injuries, neck injuries and herniated discs can still happen. Low-speed collisions are common in Chamois, MO parking lots, or low-speed areas like school zones.
- Sideswipe Collisions — Also called merging collisions, these occur when someone does not observe their blind spot when merging, or when a driver is not paying attentions and weaves out of their lane. As these frequently occur at high-speeds on the highway, they can cause severe damage and injury.
- Single Car Accidents — These occur when a driver is drunk, reckless, otherwise negligent, or because of Chamois, MO weather conditions.
- Multi-Vehicle Collisions — These are particularly dangerous as a car can be hit multiple times, and avoiding them is often next to impossible.
Whatever type of car accident you suffered injuries, property damage, or other damages from, it is often because of negligence on the part of another person. Examples of negligence in car accidents include:
- Distracted Driving, which can include:
- Texting while driving
- Eating while driving
- Looking at directions
- Changing the radio
- Changing temperature settings
- Drunk or otherwise impaired driving
- Driving when tired
- Reckless driving
The best method of avoiding causing an accident yourself is to follow the laws in Chamois, MO and concentrate on the road ahead whenever you're behind the wheel. If another driver caused you injuries, you need the Chamois, MO car accidents law firm of HK Law to fight on your behalf and get the compensation you're entitled to. Our car accident lawyers will make sure you are compensated for your personal property damage, medical bills, lost wages, and pain and suffering.
What to Do After a Car Accident in Chamois, MO
Even being involved in a minor accident can be nerve-racking and scary. There are a several steps you should take when involved in an accident and before consulting with a car accident law firm:
- Make sure everyone is safe — If there is no serious damage or injuries, you should get out of the way of incoming traffic. If it is more severe, turn your car off and turn the hazard lights on. Then call emergency services and render aid to anyone you are able to. If it appears to be a more serious injury, it is best not to move the victim because many car accident injuries involve the neck and/or spine. Call 911 immediately for emergency medical care if anybody has been injured.
- Call the police — Even if the accident is not serious, police reports are very useful when proving liability. If the accident was caused by criminal actions, such as drunk driving or reckless driving, the police need to be on the scene quickly to take action.
- Gather evidence and other important information — You need to get the at-fault driver's personal, contact, and insurance information. It is also important to take pictures of the vehicles and the surrounding area to show what might have caused the accident.
- Notify your insurance carrier and make a claim with the at-fault driver's insurance — Many insurance companies have strict regulations about how how much time can pass after an accident before you file a claim. Not filing on time could complicate your case.
- Contact HK Law — We are one of the leading car accidents injury law firms in the Chamois, MO area. When you hire us, we will:
- Acquire police and accident reports
- Gather evidence from the scene
- Go over your medical records
- Take depositions from witnesses and experts
- Work with crash to hold the negligent driver accountable
The personal injury lawyers at HK Law have experience winning a wide variety of injury claims. Check out the following links to see more about the services we offer.
- Motorcycle Accidents Attorney
- Lawyer for Bicycle Accident
- Pedestrian Accident Lawyer
- Injury Claim Lawyer
- Drunk Driving Accident Lawyers
- Auto Crash Attorney
- Truck Crash Lawyers
- Slip and Fall Lawyer
- Personal Injury Attorney
Car Accidents Law Firm in Chamois, MO | HK Law
When you are harmed in a car accident through no fault of your own, you need a knowledgeable and experienced car accidents law firm like HK Law in your corner to make sure you receive the compensation you are owed. Too often insurance companies attempt to give you less money than you deserve. Our tenacity, attention to detail and expertise will ensure that you get a equitable settlement. If a fair settlement cannot be reached, we will argue your case in front of a judge and jury. We charge no upfront fees and you will never pay us a penny unless we win your case. Call us today at 877-51-HKLAW or contact us online to find out more about how the Chamois, MO car accidents law firm of Halvorsen Klote can help you.