Car Accidents Law Firm Belleville, IL
Call 877-51-HKLAW for a Consultation and Case Review.
Car Accidents Law Firm Belleville, IL. Our team of attorneys at Halvorsen Klote are a leading car accidents law firm in Belleville, IL. When the at-fault parties do not want to equitably compensate you for your injuries, we will be by your side to fight on your behalf and help you get the compensation you are entitled to. If you or someone you care about has been affected by a car accident caused by someone else's negligence, call the car accidents law firm of Halvorsen Klote at 877-51-HKLAW or contact us online.
The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration estimates that there are between five and six million car accidents nationally every year, resulting in three million injuries. 38,680 people died in car accidents in the U.S. in 2020, the highest number of fatalities since 2007, despite Americans driving less during the pandemic. While nobody wants to imagine it, your life can change in one moment when other Belleville, IL people are not careful while they're on the road. Whether your accident resulted in injuries that will need lifelong treatment, or the reckless driver's insurance company does not want to pay for your emergency room visit, Halvorsen Klote's car accidents law firm will help get you the compensation that you are owed to aid you while you recuperate. As a leading car accidents law firm in Belleville, IL, we have a reputation for our painstaking preparation and attention to detail, and our car accidents lawyers and staff will remain in constant communication with you until the end of your case.
Common Types and Causes of Car Accidents in Belleville, IL
Car accidents are complex and every one has its own unique set of circumstances. The attorneys of our Belleville, IL car accidents law firm have experience with helping our clients recover compensation in a wide array of different motor vehicle wrecks. Some of the most common types of car accidents in Belleville, IL are:
- Head-on collisions. These can be the among the most destructive and calamitous crashes, and usually happen because of negligent or reckless driving.
- Rear-end collisions. These accidents account for about 29% of accidents and usually happen in condensed traffic. They can frequently cause whiplash or other neck injuries.
- T-Bone collisions. These occur when a car hits the side of another car. These can often cause serious injuries for a passenger or driver.
- Pedestrian collisions. These accidents can be particularly dangerous as pedestrians have little to no protection from the amount of force a vehicle can apply.
- Low-speed collisions. While damage to a vehicle is often minor in these crashes, severe injuries can still be incurred. Low-speed collisions often take place in Belleville, IL parking lots, or low-speed areas such as school zones.
- Sideswipe collisions. Also called merging collisions, these occur when someone does not observe their blind spot when merging, or when a driver is not paying attentions and veers out of their lane. As these regularly occur at high-speeds on the highway, they can result in serious damage and injury.
- Single car accidents. These happen when a driver does not maintain control of their vehicle, and Belleville, IL weather conditions often have an effect. They can also be caused by drowsy or impaired driving.
- Multi-Vehicle collisions. These are incredibly dangerous as a car can be hit from multiple angles and directions, and they are often difficult to avoid.
Whatever type of car accident you suffered injuries, property damage, or other damages from, it is frequently because of negligence on the part of another driver. Examples of negligence in car accidents include:
- Distracted Driving, such as:
- Texting while driving
- Eating while driving
- Looking at directions
- Adjusting the radio
- Adjusting climate settings
- Driving while drunk or on drugs
- Drowsy or fatigued driving
- Reckless driving
The best method of avoiding causing a crash yourself is to follow the laws and rules of the road in Belleville, IL and pay attention at all times. If you've been injured because of another driver's thoughtless actions, you need the Belleville, IL car accidents law firm of HK Law to fight on your behalf and get the compensation you're owed. Our car accident lawyers will make sure you are compensated for your personal property damage, medical bills, lost wages, and pain and suffering.
What to Do After a Car Accident in Belleville, IL
Even being involved in a minor accident can be nerve-racking and unsettling. There are a several things you should do directly following a car accident and before contacting a car accident law firm:
- Make sure everyone is safe. If the accident is minor, it's a good idea to pull over to the side of the road to get out of the way of incoming traffic. If it is more serious, turn your car off and turn the hazard lights on. Then you need to seek medical attention for anybody who has been hurt. If it appears to be a more significant injury, it is best not to move the victim as many car accident injuries involve the neck and/or spine. Call 911 right away for emergency medical care if someone has been injured.
- Call the police. Even if the accident is not serious, a police officer will write a report that will be very useful when making your claim. If the accident was caused by a crime, such as a DWI or reckless driving, the police need to be on the scene quickly to gather evidence and arrest the suspect.
- Gather evidence and other important information. You ought to get the negligent driver's personal, contact, and insurance information. It is also helpful to take photographs of the vehicles and the surrounding area for skid marks or property damage.
- Notify your insurance carrier and make a claim with the at-fault driver's insurance. Many insurance companies have stringent rules about how long after a crash you can file a claim. Not filing on time could complicate your case.
- Contact HK Law. We are one of the leading car accidents injury law firms in the Belleville, IL area. When you hire us, we will:
- Acquire police and accident reports
- Obtain evidence from the scene
- Review your medical records
- Find and question eyewitnesses
- Work with car accident experts to determine fault
The personal injury lawyers at HK Law have experience fighting and winning a wide variety of personal injury cases. Check out the links below to see more about the services we offer.
- Injury Claim Lawyer
- Drunk Driving Accident Lawyers
- Auto Crash Attorney
- Truck Crash Lawyers
- Slip and Fall Lawyer
- Personal Injury Attorney
- Wrongful Death Lawyer
- Accident Attorney
- Injury Lawyer
Car Accidents Law Firm in Belleville, IL | HK Law
When you are injured in a car accident because of someone else's negligent driving, you require a skilled and accomplished car accidents law firm like HK Law by your side to ensure you recover the compensation you are owed. Too many times insurance companies attempt to give you less money than you are entitled to. Our persistence, attention to detail and expertise will ensure that you get a just settlement. If we cannot agree on a fair settlement, we will argue your case in front of a judge and jury. We charge no upfront fees and you will never owe us a penny unless we win your case. Call us today at 877-51-HKLAW or contact us online to find out more about how the Belleville, IL car accidents law firm of Halvorsen Klote can help you.