Car Accidents Law Firm Belleville, IL
Call 877-51-HKLAW for a Consultation and Case Review.
Car Accidents Law Firm Belleville, IL. Our attorneys at Halvorsen Klote are a leading car accidents law firm in Belleville, IL. When the negligent parties do not want to take responsibility for their actions, we will be there to fight on your behalf and help you get the compensation you need to truly recover. If you or someone you care about has been injured in a car accident caused by someone else's negligence, get in touch with the car accidents law firm of Halvorsen Klote at 877-51-HKLAW or contact us online.
The NHTSA reports that there are approximately five to six million car accidents nationwide annually, resulting in 4.8 million serious injuries. 38,680 people died in car wrecks in the U.S. in 2020, the most since 2007, despite Americans driving less because of COVID-19. While it can be hard to imagine, your life can be turned completely upside down in in a second when other Belleville, IL residents are not careful while they're on the road. Whether your accident caused injuries that will need lifelong treatment, or the at-fault driver's insurance company does not want to fairly compensate you, Halvorsen Klote's car accidents law firm will secure for you the compensation that you are entitled to to aid you in your recovery. As an experienced and hardworking car accidents law firm in Belleville, IL, we are known for our client-centered approach, and our car accidents lawyers and paralegals will remain in constant communication with you until the end of your case.
Auto Accidents Our Belleville, IL Car Accident Law Firm Takes On
Car accidents are complex|Every car accident has its own unique set of circumstances. The attorneys of our Belleville, IL car accidents law firm have experience with helping our clients investigate and get a financial recovery for many types of car accidents. Some of the most common sorts of car accidents in Belleville, IL are:
- Head-on Collisions — These can be the among the most destructive and calamitous crashes, and usually happen because of drunk or reckless driving.
- Rear-end Collisions — These accidents account for about 29% of accidents and usually take place in heavy traffic. They can regularly cause neck injuries.
- T-Bone Collisions — These take place when two cars collide, forming a "T" shape at the point of impact. These can often cause devastating injuries for a passenger or driver.
- Pedestrian Collisions — These collisions can be incredibly dangerous as pedestrians have nowhere near the protection of vehicle occupants and because of force a vehicle can exert.
- Low-speed Collisions — While damage to a vehicle is often minimal in these collisions, neck injuries and herniated discs can still happen. Low-speed collisions are common in Belleville, IL parking lots, or low-speed areas such as school zones.
- Sideswipe Collisions — Also called merging collisions, these happen when someone does not take in account their blind spot when merging, or when a driver is distracted and veers out of their lane. As these consistently happen at highway speeds, they can cause severe devastation and injury.
- Single Car Accidents — These happen when a driver loses control of their vehicle, and Belleville, IL weather conditions often have an effect.
- Multi-Vehicle Collisions — These are especially dangerous as a vehicle can be hit multiple times, and they are often difficult to avoid.
No matter the cause of an accident, it is sometimes because another motorist broke the rules. Cases of negligence in car accidents include:
- Distracted Driving, which can include:
- Texting while driving
- Eating while driving
- Looking at directions
- Changing the radio
- Changing temperature settings
- Drunk or otherwise impaired driving
- Driving when tired
- Reckless driving
The best method of avoiding being the negligent party in an accident is to follow the rules of the road in Belleville, IL and pay attention to the road ahead at all times. If you've been injured because of another driver's thoughtless behavior, you need the Belleville, IL car accidents law firm of HK Law to faithfully and fiercely represent you. Our car accident lawyers will make sure you are compensated for your personal property damage, medical bills, lost wages, and pain and suffering.
What to Do After a Car Accident in Belleville, IL
Even minor accidents are unsettling and cause sudden confusion. There are a several steps you should take immediately after a car accident and before consulting with a car accident law firm:
- Make sure everyone is safe — If the accident is minor, it's a good idea to pull over to the side of the road. If it is more serious, turn off the ignition and turn the hazard lights on. Then make sure to seek medical attention for anybody who has been injured. If it looks like a more serious injury, it is best not to move the victim as they may have received an injury to their spine. Call 911 right away for emergency medical attention if anyone has been injured.
- Call the police — Even if the accident is not serious, police reports are very useful when filing your claim. If the accident was caused by a crime, such as a DWI or reckless driving, the police need to arrive at the scene quickly to gather evidence and arrest the suspect.
- Collect evidence and other important information — You need to get the negligent driver's information. It is also important to take photographs of the vehicles and the entire scene for skid marks or property damage.
- Notify your insurance carrier and make a claim with the at-fault driver's insurance — Many insurance companies have stringent rules about how long after a crash you can file a claim. Not filing on time could make your case more difficult.
- Contact HK Law — We are one of the leading car accidents injury law firms in the Belleville, IL area. When you hire us, we will:
- Obtain police and accident reports
- Collect evidence from the scene
- Evaluate your medical records
- Find and get statements from eyewitnesses
- Work with car accident experts to hold the negligent driver accountable
The personal injury lawyers at HK Law have experience fighting a wide variety of personal injury cases. Check out the following links to see more about the services we offer.
- Bike Wreck Lawyer
- What to Do After a Car Accident
- Premises Liability Attorneys
- Automobile Injury Attorney
- Motorcycle Accidents Attorney
- Lawyer for Bicycle Accident
- Pedestrian Accident Lawyer
- Injury Claim Lawyer
- Drunk Driving Accident Lawyers
- Auto Crash Attorney
Car Accidents Law Firm in Belleville, IL | HK Law
When you are harmed in a car accident because of someone else's negligent actions, you require a skilled and accomplished car accidents law firm like HK Law in your corner to ensure you collect the compensation you are owed. Too often insurance companies attempt to give you less money than you are entitled to. Our persistence, attention to detail and savvy will ensure that you get a fair settlement. If we cannot agree on a fair settlement, we will take your case to court. We charge no upfront fees and you will never owe us a penny unless we win your case. Call us today at 877-51-HKLAW or contact us online to find out more about how the Belleville, IL car accidents law firm of Halvorsen Klote can help you.
Attorney at Law
Joel Halvorsen and his partner Greg Klote founded the Halvorsen Klote law firm on the principle that injured people and their families should have access to the same quality legal representation as large insurance companies.
Attorney at Law
Greg Klote is a partner and founder of Halvorsen Klote.
Greg has successfully fought for people who were injured through no fault of their own. He became a lawyer to help make a difference in the lives of those who have been wronged and treated unfairly.