Car Accidents Law Firm St. Peters, MO
Call 877-51-HKLAW for a Consultation and Case Review.
Car Accidents Law Firm St. Peters, MO. Our team of attorneys at Halvorsen Klote are a leading car accidents law firm in St. Peters, MO. When the negligent parties do not want to take responsibility for their actions, we will be by your side to fight for you and help you get the financial recovery you are entitled to. If you or someone you care about has been injured in a car accident caused by someone else's careless driving, call the car accidents law firm of Halvorsen Klote at 877-51-HKLAW or contact us online.
The NHTSA estimates that there are between five to six million car accidents in the U.S. annually, which lead to three million injuries. 38,680 people died in motor vehicle accidents in the U.S. in 2020, the highest number of fatalities since 2007, in spite of the fact that Americans were driving less during the pandemic. While nobody wants to imagine it, your life can be turned completely upside down in the blink of an eye when other St. Peters, MO drivers do not obey the rules of the road. Whether your accident resulted in injuries that will need lifelong treatment, or the negligent driver's insurance company is not being fair, Halvorsen Klote's car accidents law firm will secure for you the financial recovery that you are owed to help you while you heal. As a leading car accidents law firm in St. Peters, MO, we are known for our painstaking preparation, and our car accidents lawyers and staff will keep in constant communication with you until the end of your case.
Auto Accidents Our St. Peters, MO Car Accident Law Firm Takes On
Car accidents are complicated|Every car accident has its own individual set of circumstances. The attorneys of our St. Peters, MO car accidents law firm know how to receive compensation in a wide range of different motor vehicle accidents. Some of the most common kinds of car accidents in St. Peters, MO are:
- Head-on Collisions — These can cause severely debilitating injuries, and usually happen because of drunk or reckless driving.
- Rear-end Collisions — These make up 29% of accidents and usually take place in condensed traffic. They can frequently lead to neck injuries.
- T-Bone Collisions — These occur when a car hits the side of another car. These can often cause serious injuries for a passenger or driver.
- Pedestrian Collisions — Pedestrians are at high-risk when drivers are negligent because they have little to no protection from the amount of the mass and speed of vehicles.
- Low-speed Collisions — While you might think these lead to only minor injuries, significant injuries can still be incurred. Low-speed collisions are common in St. Peters, MO parking lots, or near schools and other low-speed zones.
- Sideswipe Collisions — Also called merging collisions, these happen when someone does not observe their blind spot when merging, or when a driver is not paying attentions and weaves out of their lane. As these consistently happen at high-speeds on the highway, they can result in significant devastation and injury.
- Single Car Accidents — These happen when a driver loses control of their vehicle, and can often be affected by St. Peters, MO weather conditions.
- Multi-Vehicle Collisions — These are particularly dangerous as a car can be struck from multiple angles and directions, and they are often hard to avoid.
No matter the circumstances of an accident, it is often because another motorist broke the rules. Examples of negligence in car accidents include:
- Distracted Driving, such as:
- Texting while driving
- Eating while driving
- Looking at directions
- Changing the radio
- Changing climate settings
- Driving while drunk or on drugs
- Driving when tired
- Reckless driving
The best method of avoiding causing an accident yourself is to observe the rules of the road in St. Peters, MO and concentrate on the road ahead at all times. If you've been injured because of another driver's thoughtless driving, you need the St. Peters, MO car accidents law firm of HK Law to fight on your behalf and get the recovery you're owed. Our car accident lawyers will make sure your financial recovery compensates you for the full extent of how your injury has affected you.
Steps to Take After a Car Accident in St. Peters, MO
Even minor accidents are unsettling and cause sudden confusion. There are a number of steps you should take when involved in an accident and before contacting a car accident law firm:
- Make sure everyone is safe — If the accident is minor, you should get out of the way of incoming traffic. If it is more significant, turn off the ignition and turn the hazard lights on. Then call emergency services and render aid to anyone you are able to. If it looks like a more serious injury, it is best not to move the victim as many car accident injuries involve the neck and/or spine. Call 911 immediately for emergency medical care if anybody has been injured.
- Call the police — Even if the accident is not serious, a police officer will write a report that will be very helpful when filing your claim. If the accident was caused by criminal behavior, such as drunk driving or reckless driving, the police will want to arrive at the scene quickly to take action.
- Gather evidence and other important information — You will want to get the negligent driver's information. It is also useful to take pictures of the vehicles and the entire scene to show what might have caused the accident.
- File an insurance claim — Many insurance companies have stringent regulations about how how much time can pass after a crash before you file a claim. Not filing on time could complicate your case.
- Contact HK Law — We are one of the best car accidents injury law firms in the St. Peters, MO area. When you hire us, we will:
- Acquire police and accident reports
- Obtain evidence from the scene
- Go over your medical records
- Take depositions from witnesses and experts
- Work with car accident experts to determine liability
The personal injury lawyers at HK Law have experience winning a wide variety of injury claims. Check out the following links to see what other cases we take on.
- Premises Liability Attorneys
- Automobile Injury Attorney
- Motorcycle Accidents Attorney
- Lawyer for Bicycle Accident
- Pedestrian Accident Lawyer
- Injury Claim Lawyer
- Drunk Driving Accident Lawyers
- Auto Crash Attorney
- Truck Crash Lawyers
- Slip and Fall Lawyer
Car Accidents Law Firm in St. Peters, MO | HK Law
When you are harmed in a car accident through no fault of your own, you need a knowledgeable and experienced car accidents law firm like HK Law by your side to make sure you are awarded the compensation you deserve. Too often insurance companies want to give you less money than you deserve. Our persistence, attention to detail and expertise will ensure that you get a equitable settlement. If a fair settlement cannot be reached, we will take your case to court. We charge no upfront fees and you will never owe us anything unless we win your case. Call us today at 877-51-HKLAW or contact us online to find out more about how the St. Peters, MO car accidents law firm of Halvorsen Klote can help you.