Car Accidents Law Firm Fayette, MO
Call 877-51-HKLAW for a Consultation and Case Review.
Car Accidents Law Firm Fayette, MO. Our team of lawyers at Halvorsen Klote are a leading car accidents law firm in Fayette, MO. When the people who caused your injury do not want to equitably compensate you for your damages, we will provide you with expert legal representation and help you get the compensation you deserve. If you or a family member has been injured in a car accident caused by someone else's reckless behavior, call the car accidents law firm of Halvorsen Klote at 877-51-HKLAW or fill out our online form.
The NHTSA estimates that there are between five to six million car accidents nationally annually, resulting in three million injuries. 38,680 people died in motor vehicle crashes in the U.S. in 2020, the highest number of fatalities since 2007, in spite of the fact that Americans were driving less during the pandemic. While we don't think about it, your life can be turned completely upside down in in a second when other Fayette, MO drivers do not follow the rules of the road. Whether your accident led to injuries that will require lifelong treatment, or the negligent driver's insurance company does not want to pay for your emergency medical care, Halvorsen Klote's car accidents law firm will help get you the compensation that you deserve to aid you while you recuperate. As an experienced and hardworking car accidents law firm in Fayette, MO, we are known for our client-centered approach, and our car accidents lawyers and paralegals will remain in constant communication with you until the end of your case.
Common Types and Causes of Car Accidents in Fayette, MO
Car accidents are complicated|Every car accident has its own individual set of circumstances. The attorneys of our Fayette, MO car accidents law firm have experience with helping our clients recover damages in a variety of different motor vehicle wrecks. We have gotten great compensation for our Fayette, MO clients in:
- Head-on Collisions — These can cause severely debilitating injuries, and usually happen because of drunk or reckless driving.
- Rear-end Collisions — These are incredibly common, making up 29% of accidents and usually take place in heavy traffic. They can often cause neck injuries.
- T-Bone Collisions — These happen when the front of a vehicle strikes the side of another. These can often cause severe injuries for a passenger or driver.
- Pedestrian Collisions — These collisions can be especially dangerous as pedestrians have nowhere near the protection of vehicle occupants and because of force a vehicle can apply.
- Low-speed Collisions — While damage to a vehicle is often minimal in these wrecks, neck injuries and herniated discs can still happen. Low-speed collisions are common in Fayette, MO parking lots, or near schools and other low-speed zones.
- Sideswipe Collisions — Also called merging collisions, these occur when someone does not pay attention to their blind spot when merging, or when a driver is distracted and weaves out of their lane. As these frequently happen at high-speeds on the highway, they can result in severe damage and injury.
- Single Car Accidents — These occur when a driver is drunk, reckless, otherwise negligent, or because of Fayette, MO weather conditions.
- Multi-Vehicle Collisions — These are especially dangerous as a car can be hit from multiple angles and directions, and they are often difficult to avoid.
No matter the cause of an accident, it is sometimes because of negligence on the part of another person. Instances of negligence in car accidents include:
- Distracted Driving, which can include:
- Texting while driving
- Eating while driving
- Looking at directions
- Fiddling with the radio
- Changing temperature settings
- Drunk or otherwise impaired driving
- Driving when tired
- Reckless driving
The best method of avoiding being the negligent party in an accident is to obey the rules of the road in Fayette, MO and concentrate on the road ahead at all times. If you've been injured because of another driver's careless behavior, you need the Fayette, MO car accidents law firm of HK Law to fight on your behalf and get the compensation you're entitled to. Our car accident lawyers will make sure you are compensated for your personal property damage, medical bills, lost wages, and pain and suffering.
What to Do After a Car Accident in Fayette, MO
Even minor accidents can be jarring and unsettling. There are a number of steps you should take when involved in an accident and before reaching out to a car accident law firm:
- Make sure everyone is safe — If the accident is minor, you should get out of the way of incoming traffic. If it is more serious, turn off the ignition and turn the hazard lights on. Then call emergency services and render aid to anyone you are able to. If it appears to be a more significant injury, leave the victim still as they may have received an injury to their spine. Call 911 immediately for emergency medical care if anyone has been injured.
- Call the police — Even if the accident is not serious, a police officer will write a report that will be very helpful when proving liability. If the accident was caused by a crime, such as drunk driving or excessive speeding, the police need to be on the scene quickly to gather evidence and arrest the suspect.
- Collect evidence and other important information — You ought to get the negligent driver's personal, contact, and insurance information. It is also helpful to take photographs of the vehicles and the surrounding area to show what might have caused the accident.
- Notify your insurance carrier and make a claim with the at-fault driver's insurance — Many insurance companies have stringent regulations about how long after a crash you can file a claim. Not filing on time could complicate your case.
- Contact HK Law — We are one of the leading car accidents injury law firms in the Fayette, MO area. When you hire us, we will:
- Acquire police and accident reports
- Collect evidence from the scene
- Evaluate your medical records
- Take depositions from witnesses and experts
- Work with crash to hold the negligent driver accountable
The personal injury lawyers at HK Law have experience fighting a wide variety of personal injury cases. Take a look at the following links to see what other cases we take on.
- Fatal Car Accident Lawyer
- Auto Accident Attorney
- Bike Wreck Lawyer
- What to Do After a Car Accident
- Premises Liability Attorneys
- Automobile Injury Attorney
- Motorcycle Accidents Attorney
- Lawyer for Bicycle Accident
- Pedestrian Accident Lawyer
- Injury Claim Lawyer
Car Accidents Law Firm in Fayette, MO | HK Law
When you are injured in a car accident through no fault of your own, you need a talented and experienced car accidents law firm like HK Law in your corner to make sure you receive the compensation you deserve. Too many times insurance companies want to give you less money than you deserve. Our tenacity, attention to detail and expertise will ensure that you get a just settlement. If a fair settlement cannot be reached, we will take your case to court. We charge no upfront fees and you will never pay us a dime unless we win your case. Call us today at 877-51-HKLAW or contact us online to find out more about how the Fayette, MO car accidents law firm of Halvorsen Klote can help you.