Car Accidents Law Firm Creve Coeur, MO
Call 877-51-HKLAW for a Consultation and Case Review.
Car Accidents Law Firm Creve Coeur, MO. Our team of attorneys at Halvorsen Klote are a leading car accidents law firm in Creve Coeur, MO. When the reckless parties do not want to equitably compensate you for your damages, we will be by your side to fight on your behalf and help you get the compensation you are owed. If you or someone you care about has been affected by a car accident caused by someone else's reckless behavior, call the car accidents law firm of Halvorsen Klote at 877-51-HKLAW or contact us online.
The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration estimates that there are between five and six million car accidents nationally each year, which lead to three million injuries. 38,680 people died in auto accidents in the U.S. in 2020, the highest number of fatalities since 2007, in spite of the fact that Americans were driving less during the pandemic. While nobody wants to imagine it, your life can change in one moment when other Creve Coeur, MO residents do not follow the rules of the road. Whether your accident caused injuries that will need lifelong treatment, or the negligent driver's insurance company is declining to pay for your emergency medical care, Halvorsen Klote's car accidents law firm will help get you the compensation that you deserve to aid you while you heal. As a leading car accidents law firm in Creve Coeur, MO, we are known for our meticulous preparation and attention to detail, and our car accidents lawyers and staff will keep in constant communication with you until the end of your case.
Common Types and Causes of Car Accidents in Creve Coeur, MO
Car accidents are complex and each has its own unique set of circumstances. The attorneys of our Creve Coeur, MO car accidents law firm have experience with helping our clients receive compensation in a variety of different auto wrecks. Some of the most common kinds of car accidents in Creve Coeur, MO are:
- Head-on collisions. These can be the among the most disastrous and calamitous wrecks, and are usually caused by negligent or reckless driving.
- Rear-end collisions. These accidents account for about 29% of accidents and usually happen in heavy traffic. They can often lead to whiplash or other neck injuries.
- T-Bone collisions. These take place when a car runs into the side of another car. These can often cause devastating injuries for a passenger or driver.
- Pedestrian collisions. These collisions can be incredibly dangerous as pedestrians have little to no protection from the amount of force a vehicle can carry.
- Low-speed collisions. While damage to a vehicle is often minor in these crashes, significant injuries can still happen. Low-speed collisions often take place in Creve Coeur, MO parking lots, or low-speed areas such as school zones.
- Sideswipe collisions. Also called merging collisions, these occur when someone does not observe their blind spot when merging, or when a driver is not paying attentions and swerves out of their lane. As these often happen at high-speeds on the highway, they can result in severe devastation and injury.
- Single car accidents. These happen when a driver does not maintain control of their vehicle, and can often be affected by Creve Coeur, MO weather conditions. They can also be caused by drowsy or impaired driving.
- Multi-Vehicle collisions. These are particularly dangerous as a car can be hit from multiple angles and directions, and they are often difficult to avoid.
Whatever type of car accident you suffered injuries, property damage, or other damages from, it is sometimes the result of negligence on the part of another motorist. Examples of negligence in car accidents include:
- Distracted Driving, for example:
- Texting while driving
- Eating while driving
- Looking at directions
- Changing the radio
- Changing heat or AC settings
- Driving while drunk or on drugs
- Drowsy or fatigued driving
- Reckless driving
The best way to avoid causing an accident yourself is to observe the laws and rules of the road in Creve Coeur, MO and pay attention at all times. If you've been injured because of another driver's careless driving, you need the Creve Coeur, MO car accidents law firm of HK Law to fight on your behalf and get the compensation you're owed. Our car accident lawyers will make sure you are compensated for your personal property damage, medical bills, lost wages, and pain and suffering.
What to Do After a Car Accident in Creve Coeur, MO
Even being involved in a minor accident can be jarring and scary. There are a number of things you should do immediately after a car accident and before contacting a car accident law firm:
- Make sure everyone is safe. If the accident is minor, you should pull over to the side of the road to get out of the way of incoming traffic. If it is more significant, turn your car off and turn the hazard lights on. Then you need to seek medical attention for anybody who has been injured. If it looks like a more serious injury, it is best not to move the victim as many car accident injuries involve the neck and/or spine. Call 911 right away for emergency medical attention if somebody has been injured.
- Call the police. Even if the accident is not serious, a police officer will write a report that will be very helpful when filing your claim. If the accident was caused by criminal behavior, such as a DWI or reckless driving, the police need to arrive at the scene quickly to collect evidence and arrest the suspect.
- Collect evidence and other important information. You ought to get the negligent driver's personal, contact, and insurance information. It is also important to take photos of the vehicles and the entire scene for skid marks or property damage.
- Notify your insurance carrier and make a claim with the at-fault driver's insurance. Many insurance companies have stringent rules about how long after a crash you can file a claim. Not filing on time could make your case more complicated.
- Contact HK Law. We are one of the best car accidents injury law firms in the Creve Coeur, MO area. When you hire us, we will:
- Collect police and accident reports
- Collect evidence from the scene
- Review your medical records
- Find and get statements from eyewitnesses
- Work with car accident experts to determine fault
The personal injury lawyers at HK Law have experience fighting and winning a wide variety of personal injury cases. Check out the links below to see more about the services we offer.
- Injury Claim Lawyer
- Drunk Driving Accident Lawyers
- Auto Crash Attorney
- Truck Crash Lawyers
- Slip and Fall Lawyer
- Personal Injury Attorney
- Wrongful Death Lawyer
- Accident Attorney
- Injury Lawyer
Car Accidents Law Firm in Creve Coeur, MO | HK Law
When you are hurt in a car accident because of someone else's reckless behavior, you require a skilled and experienced car accidents law firm like HK Law in your corner to make sure you receive the compensation you deserve. Too many times insurance companies attempt to give you less money than you deserve. Our tenacity, attention to detail and expertise will ensure that you get a equitable settlement. If we cannot agree on a fair settlement, we will take your case to court. We charge no upfront fees and you will never pay us a penny unless we win your case. Call us today at 877-51-HKLAW or contact us online to find out more about how the Creve Coeur, MO car accidents law firm of Halvorsen Klote can help you.