Car Accidents Law Firm Creve Coeur, MO
Call 877-51-HKLAW for a Consultation and Case Review.
Car Accidents Law Firm Creve Coeur, MO. Our attorneys at Halvorsen Klote are an experienced and knowledgeable car accidents law firm in Creve Coeur, MO. When the reckless parties do not want to take responsibility for their actions, we will be there to fight on your behalf and help you get the compensation you deserve. If you or someone you care about has been injured in a car accident through no fault of your own, get in touch with the car accidents law firm of Halvorsen Klote at 877-51-HKLAW or fill out our online form.
The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration estimates that there are between five to six million car accidents nationally every year, resulting in three million injuries. 38,680 people died in car wrecks in the U.S. in 2020, the highest number of fatalities since 2007, even though Americans were driving less because of COVID-19. While nobody wants to imagine it, your life can be upended in an instant when other Creve Coeur, MO drivers do not follow the rules of the road. Whether your accident caused injuries that will require lifelong treatment, or the reckless driver's insurance company is declining to pay for your emergency room visit, Halvorsen Klote's car accidents law firm will secure for you the financial recovery that you are entitled to to aid you in your recovery. As a leading car accidents law firm in Creve Coeur, MO, we are known for our meticulous preparation, and our car accidents lawyers and staff will keep in constant communication with you throughout your case.
Common Types and Causes of Car Accidents in Creve Coeur, MO
Car accidents are complicated|Every car accident has its own unique set of circumstances. The attorneys of our Creve Coeur, MO car accidents law firm know how to investigate and get a financial recovery for many types of car accidents. We have gotten great compensation for our Creve Coeur, MO clients in:
- Head-on Collisions — These can cause severely debilitating injuries, and usually happen because of someone driving on the wrong side of the road because they were drunk or distracted.
- Rear-end Collisions — These are incredibly common, making up over a quarter of accidents and usually take place in condensed traffic. They can frequently lead to neck and back injuries.
- T-Bone Collisions — These take place when a car runs into the side of another car. Passengers are often the injury victims in these crashes.
- Pedestrian Collisions — These accidents can be incredibly dangerous as pedestrians have little to no protection from the amount of force a vehicle can carry.
- Low-speed Collisions — While damage to a vehicle is often minor in these accidents, serious injuries can still happen. Low-speed collisions often take place in Creve Coeur, MO parking lots, or low-speed areas like school zones.
- Sideswipe Collisions — Also called merging collisions, these happen when someone does not observe their blind spot when merging, or when a driver is not paying attentions and weaves out of their lane. As these regularly happen at highway speeds, they can cause severe devastation and injury.
- Single Car Accidents — These occur when a driver loses control of their vehicle, and can often be affected by Creve Coeur, MO weather conditions.
- Multi-Vehicle Collisions — These are incredibly dangerous as a vehicle can be struck from multiple angles and directions, and avoiding them is often near-impossible.
No matter the circumstances of an accident, it is frequently because another motorist broke the rules. Cases of negligence in car accidents include:
- Distracted Driving, such as:
- Texting while driving
- Eating while driving
- Looking at directions
- Fiddling with the radio
- Changing heat or AC settings
- Being lost in thought
- Drunk or otherwise impaired driving
- Drowsy driving
- Reckless driving
The best method of avoiding being the negligent party in an accident is to observe the rules of the road in Creve Coeur, MO and pay attention to the road ahead at all times. If another driver caused you injuries, you need the Creve Coeur, MO car accidents law firm of HK Law to fight for you and get the compensation you're entitled to. Our car accident lawyers will ensure you are compensated for your personal property damage, medical bills, lost wages, and pain and suffering.
Steps to Take After a Car Accident in Creve Coeur, MO
Even minor accidents are scary and cause sudden confusion. There are a number of steps you should take immediately following a car accident and before consulting with a car accident law firm:
- Make sure everyone is safe — If the accident is minor, you should get out of the way of incoming traffic. If it is more serious, turn your car off and turn the hazard lights on. Then call emergency services and render aid to anyone you are able to. If it appears to be a more severe injury, it is best not to move the victim as many car accident injuries involve the neck and/or spine. Call 911 immediately for emergency medical attention if someone has been injured.
- Call the police — Even for minor accidents, a police officer will write a report that will be very useful when filing your claim. If the accident was caused by criminal behavior, such as a DWI or excessive speeding, the police will want to be on the scene quickly to gather evidence and arrest the suspect.
- Collect evidence and other important information — You should get the at-fault driver's information. It is also important to take pictures of the vehicles and the entire scene for skid marks or property damage.
- Notify your insurance carrier and make a claim with the at-fault driver's insurance — Many insurance companies have strict regulations about how how much time can pass after an accident before you file a claim. Not filing on time could complicate your case.
- Contact HK Law — We are one of the leading car accidents injury law firms in the Creve Coeur, MO area. When you hire us, we will:
- Collect police and accident reports
- Gather evidence from the scene
- Go over your medical records
- Take depositions from witnesses and experts
- Work with crash to hold the negligent driver accountable
The personal injury lawyers at HK Law have experience fighting a wide variety of injury claims. Check out the following links to see more about the services we offer.
- Fatal Car Accident Lawyer
- Auto Accident Attorney
- Bike Wreck Lawyer
- What to Do After a Car Accident
- Premises Liability Attorneys
- Automobile Injury Attorney
- Motorcycle Accidents Attorney
- Lawyer for Bicycle Accident
- Pedestrian Accident Lawyer
- Injury Claim Lawyer
Car Accidents Law Firm in Creve Coeur, MO | HK Law
When you are hurt in a car accident through no fault of your own, you require a knowledgeable and accomplished car accidents law firm like HK Law by your side to ensure you receive the compensation you deserve. Too many times insurance companies want to give you less money than you are owed. Our work ethic, attention to detail and savvy will ensure that you get a just settlement. If a fair settlement cannot be reached, we will argue your case in front of a judge and jury. We charge no upfront fees and you will never pay us anything unless we win your case. Call us today at 877-51-HKLAW or contact us online to find out more about how the Creve Coeur, MO car accidents law firm of Halvorsen Klote can help you.