Car Accidents Law Firm Columbia, MO
Call 877-51-HKLAW for a Consultation and Case Review.
Car Accidents Law Firm Columbia, MO. Our attorneys at Halvorsen Klote are an experienced and knowledgeable car accidents law firm in Columbia, MO. When the people who caused your injury do not want to equitably compensate you for your injuries, we will be by your side to fight on your behalf and help you get the financial recovery you need to truly recover. If you or a loved one has been impacted by a car accident caused by someone else's reckless behavior, call the car accidents law firm of Halvorsen Klote at 877-51-HKLAW or fill out our online form.
The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration estimates that there are between five to six million car accidents in the U.S. each year, resulting in three million injuries. there were 38,600 deaths in motor vehicle wrecks in the U.S. in 2020, the most since 2007, despite Americans driving less because of COVID-19. While it can be hard to imagine, your life can change in in a second when other Columbia, MO people are not careful while they're on the road. Whether your accident caused injuries that resulted in permanent disability, or the negligent driver's insurance company refuses to pay for your emergency medical care, Halvorsen Klote's car accidents law firm will secure for you the financial recovery that you deserve to help you in your recovery. As a leading car accidents law firm in Columbia, MO, we are known for our client-centered approach, and our car accidents lawyers and paralegals will keep in constant communication with you until the end of your case.
Common Types and Causes of Car Accidents in Columbia, MO
Car accidents are complex|Every car accident has its own specific set of circumstances. The attorneys of our Columbia, MO car accidents law firm know how to investigate and get a financial recovery for many types of car accidents. We have gotten great compensation for our Columbia, MO clients in:
- Head-on Collisions — These can cause severely debilitating injuries, and are usually the result of someone driving on the wrong side of the road because they were drunk or distracted.
- Rear-end Collisions — These are incredibly common, making up over a quarter of accidents and usually occur in heavy traffic. They can frequently result in neck and back injuries.
- T-Bone Collisions — These happen when a car hits the side of another car. Passengers are often the injury victims in these crashes.
- Pedestrian Collisions — Pedestrians are at high-risk when drivers are negligent because they have nowhere near the protection of vehicle occupants and because of the mass and speed of vehicles.
- Low-speed Collisions — While you might think these lead to only minor injuries, neck injuries and herniated discs can still happen. Low-speed collisions are common in Columbia, MO parking lots, or low-speed areas such as school zones.
- Sideswipe Collisions — Also called merging collisions, these happen when someone does not heed their blind spot when merging, or when a driver is not paying attentions and veers out of their lane. As these consistently occur at high-speeds on the highway, they can cause severe destruction and injury.
- Single Car Accidents — These occur when a driver is drunk, reckless, otherwise negligent, or because of Columbia, MO weather conditions.
- Multi-Vehicle Collisions — These are particularly dangerous as a car can be hit multiple times, and avoiding them is often near-impossible.
No matter the circumstances of an accident, it is sometimes because another motorist broke the rules. Examples of negligence in car accidents include:
- Distracted Driving, for example:
- Texting while driving
- Eating while driving
- Looking at directions
- Changing the radio
- Changing heat or AC settings
- Drunk or otherwise impaired driving
- Driving when tired
- Reckless driving
The best method of avoiding being the negligent party in an accident is to heed the laws in Columbia, MO and concentrate on the road ahead at all times. If another driver caused you injuries, you need the Columbia, MO car accidents law firm of HK Law to faithfully and fiercely represent you. Our car accident lawyers will make sure you are compensated for your personal property damage, medical bills, lost wages, and pain and suffering.
What to Do After a Car Accident in Columbia, MO
Even being involved in a minor accident can be nerve-racking and frightening. There are a several things you should do when involved in an accident and before reaching out to a car accident law firm:
- Make sure everyone is safe — If there is no serious damage or injuries, it's a good idea to get out of the way of incoming traffic. If the accident is catastrophic, turn your car off and turn the hazard lights on. Then call emergency services and render aid to anyone you are able to. If it appears to be a more serious injury, it is best not to move the victim as they may have received an injury to their spine. Call 911 right away for emergency medical attention if anybody has been injured.
- Call the police — Even for minor accidents, a police officer will write a report that will be very helpful when making your claim. If the accident was caused by a crime, such as a DWI or excessive speeding, the police will want to be on the scene quickly to take action.
- Gather evidence and other important information — You need to get the at-fault driver's personal, contact, and insurance information. It is also useful to take photographs of the vehicles and the entire scene to show what might have caused the accident.
- File an insurance claim — Many insurance companies have strict regulations about how how much time can pass after an accident before you file a claim. Not filing on time could complicate your case.
- Contact HK Law — We are one of the best car accidents injury law firms in the Columbia, MO area. When you hire us, we will:
- Collect police and accident reports
- Obtain evidence from the scene
- Evaluate your medical records
- Take depositions from witnesses and experts
- Work with car accident experts to hold the negligent driver accountable
The personal injury lawyers at HK Law have experience fighting a wide variety of injury claims. Check out the following links to see what other cases we take on.
- Motorcycle Accidents Attorney
- Lawyer for Bicycle Accident
- Pedestrian Accident Lawyer
- Injury Claim Lawyer
- Drunk Driving Accident Lawyers
- Auto Crash Attorney
- Truck Crash Lawyers
- Slip and Fall Lawyer
- Personal Injury Attorney
Car Accidents Law Firm in Columbia, MO | HK Law
When you are hurt in a car accident through no fault of your own, you need a skilled and experienced car accidents law firm like HK Law in your corner to ensure you collect the compensation you are owed. Too often insurance companies try to give you less money than you deserve. Our work ethic, attention to detail and expertise will ensure that you get a fair settlement. If we cannot agree on a fair settlement, we will argue your case in front of a judge and jury. We charge no upfront fees and you will never pay us anything unless we win your case. Call us today at 877-51-HKLAW or contact us online to find out more about how the Columbia, MO car accidents law firm of Halvorsen Klote can help you.