Car Accidents Law Firm Warrenton, MO
Call 877-51-HKLAW for a Consultation and Case Review.
Car Accidents Law Firm Warrenton, MO. Our team of lawyers at Halvorsen Klote are a leading car accidents law firm in Warrenton, MO. When the negligent parties do not want to fairly compensate you for your injuries, we will be there to fight on your behalf and help you get the compensation you are owed. If you or someone you care about has been injured in a car accident caused by someone else's careless driving, call the car accidents law firm of Halvorsen Klote at 877-51-HKLAW or contact us online.
The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration estimates that there are between five and six million car accidents in the U.S. each year, which lead to three million injuries. 38,680 people died in motor vehicle wrecks in the U.S. in 2020, the highest number of fatalities since 2007, despite Americans driving less during the pandemic. While nobody wants to imagine it, your life can change in an instant when other Warrenton, MO drivers do not follow the rules of the road. Whether your accident led to injuries that will require lifelong treatment, or the at-fault driver's insurance company refuses to pay for your emergency medical care, Halvorsen Klote's car accidents law firm will help get you the compensation that you are owed to help you in your recovery. As a leading car accidents law firm in Warrenton, MO, we are known for our thorough preparation and attention to detail, and our car accidents lawyers and staff will stay in constant communication with you until the end of your case.
Common Types and Causes of Car Accidents in Warrenton, MO
Car accidents are complicated and each has its own unique set of circumstances. The attorneys of our Warrenton, MO car accidents law firm have experience with helping our clients recover damages in a wide range of different auto accidents. Some of the most common sorts of car accidents in Warrenton, MO are:
- Head-on collisions. These can be the among the most disastrous and catastrophic accidents, and usually happen because of negligent or reckless driving.
- Rear-end collisions. These accidents account for about 29% of accidents and usually occur in condensed traffic. They can often lead to whiplash or other neck injuries.
- T-Bone collisions. These occur when a car runs into the side of another car. These can often cause devastating injuries for a passenger or driver.
- Pedestrian collisions. These collisions can be incredibly dangerous as pedestrians have little to no protection from the amount of force a vehicle can apply.
- Low-speed collisions. While damage to a vehicle is often minor in these wrecks, severe injuries can still be incurred. Low-speed collisions often take place in Warrenton, MO parking lots, or low-speed areas such as school zones.
- Sideswipe collisions. Also called merging collisions, these happen when someone does not heed their blind spot when merging, or when a driver is not paying attentions and veers out of their lane. As these often occur at high-speeds on the highway, they can result in significant damage and injury.
- Single car accidents. These happen when a driver does not maintain control of their vehicle, and can often be affected by Warrenton, MO weather conditions. They can also be caused by drowsy or impaired driving.
- Multi-Vehicle collisions. These are especially dangerous as a car can be hit from multiple angles and directions, and they are often hard to avoid.
Whatever type of car accident you suffered injuries, property damage, or other damages from, it is frequently because of negligence on the part of another person. Examples of negligence in car accidents include:
- Distracted Driving, for example:
- Texting while driving
- Eating while driving
- Looking at directions
- Adjusting the radio
- Changing temperature settings
- Driving while drunk or on drugs
- Drowsy or fatigued driving
- Reckless driving
The best method of avoiding creating a crash yourself is to heed the laws and rules of the road in Warrenton, MO and focusing on the road in front of you at all times. If you've been injured because of another driver's thoughtless behavior, you need the Warrenton, MO car accidents law firm of HK Law to fight by your side and get the compensation you're entitled to. Our car accident lawyers will make sure you are compensated for your personal property damage, medical bills, lost wages, and pain and suffering.
What to Do After a Car Accident in Warrenton, MO
Even being involved in a minor accident can be jarring and scary. There are a number of things you should do immediately following a car accident and before contacting a car accident law firm:
- Make sure everyone is safe. If the accident is minor, you should pull over to the side of the road to get out of the way of incoming traffic. If it is more significant, turn your car off and turn the hazard lights on. Then make sure to seek medical attention for anybody who has been hurt. If it looks like a more significant injury, it is best not to move the victim as many car accident injuries involve the neck and/or spine. Call 911 right away for emergency medical care if anyone has been injured.
- Call the police. Even if the accident is minor, a police officer will write a report that will be very helpful when making your claim. If the accident was caused by a crime, such as a DWI or reckless driving, the police need to be on the scene quickly to gather evidence and arrest the suspect.
- Gather evidence and other important information. You ought to get the negligent driver's personal, contact, and insurance information. It is also helpful to take pictures of the vehicles and the entire scene for skid marks or property damage.
- Notify your insurance carrier and make a claim with the at-fault driver's insurance. Many insurance companies have strict rules about how long after a crash you can file a claim. Not filing on time could complicate your case.
- Contact HK Law. We are one of the best car accidents injury law firms in the Warrenton, MO area. When you hire us, we will:
- Gather police and accident reports
- Acquire evidence from the scene
- Evaluate your medical records
- Find and question eyewitnesses
- Work with car accident experts to determine liability
The personal injury lawyers at HK Law have experience fighting and winning a wide variety of personal injury cases. Check out the links below to see more about the services we offer.
- Injury Claim Lawyer
- Drunk Driving Accident Lawyers
- Auto Crash Attorney
- Truck Crash Lawyers
- Slip and Fall Lawyer
- Personal Injury Attorney
- Wrongful Death Lawyer
- Accident Attorney
- Injury Lawyer
Car Accidents Law Firm in Warrenton, MO | HK Law
When you are hurt in a car accident because of someone else's careless behavior, you need a knowledgeable and experienced car accidents law firm like HK Law by your side to ensure you recover the compensation you are owed. Too often insurance companies want to give you less money than you are entitled to. Our tenacity, attention to detail and savvy will ensure that you get a just settlement. If we cannot agree on a fair settlement, we will argue your case in front of a judge and jury. We charge no upfront fees and you will never pay us a penny unless we win your case. Call us today at 877-51-HKLAW or contact us online to find out more about how the Warrenton, MO car accidents law firm of Halvorsen Klote can help you.