Car Accidents Law Firm Jefferson City, MO
Call 877-51-HKLAW for a Consultation and Case Review.
Car Accidents Law Firm Jefferson City, MO. Our team of attorneys at Halvorsen Klote are a leading car accidents law firm in Jefferson City, MO. When the liable parties do not want to fairly compensate you for your injuries, we will be by your side to fight for you and help you get the compensation you are owed. If you or a loved one has been impacted by a car accident caused by someone else's reckless behavior, call the car accidents law firm of Halvorsen Klote at 877-51-HKLAW or contact us online.
The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration estimates that there are between five and six million car accidents in the U.S. every year, which lead to three million injuries. 38,680 people died in car accidents in the U.S. in 2020, the most since 2007, despite Americans driving less during the pandemic. While nobody wants to imagine it, your life can change in the blink of an eye when other Jefferson City, MO people are not careful while they're on the road. Whether your accident resulted in injuries that will need lifelong treatment, or the at-fault driver's insurance company refuses to pay for your emergency room visit, Halvorsen Klote's car accidents law firm will help get you the compensation that you are owed to help you while you recuperate. As a leading car accidents law firm in Jefferson City, MO, we are known for our meticulous preparation and attention to detail, and our car accidents lawyers and staff will remain in constant communication with you until the end of your case.
Common Types and Causes of Car Accidents in Jefferson City, MO
Car accidents are complicated and each has its own specific set of circumstances. The attorneys of our Jefferson City, MO car accidents law firm have experience with helping our clients receive damages in a wide array of different car accidents. Some of the most common types of car accidents in Jefferson City, MO are:
- Head-on collisions. These can be the among the most disastrous and calamitous wrecks, and usually happen because of negligent or reckless driving.
- Rear-end collisions. These accidents account for about 29% of accidents and usually happen in condensed traffic. They can frequently result in whiplash or other neck injuries.
- T-Bone collisions. These happen when a car runs into the side of another car. These can often cause serious injuries for a passenger or driver.
- Pedestrian collisions. These collisions can be incredibly dangerous as pedestrians have little to no way to protect themselves from the amount of force a vehicle can carry.
- Low-speed collisions. While damage to a vehicle is often minor in these accidents, severe injuries can still happen. Low-speed collisions often take place in Jefferson City, MO parking lots, or low-speed areas such as school zones.
- Sideswipe collisions. Also called merging collisions, these happen when someone does not heed their blind spot when merging, or when a driver is not paying attentions and weaves out of their lane. As these regularly occur at high-speeds on the highway, they can result in serious damage and injury.
- Single car accidents. These occur when a driver loses control of their vehicle, and can often be affected by Jefferson City, MO weather conditions. They can also be caused by drowsy or impaired driving.
- Multi-Vehicle collisions. These are incredibly dangerous as a car can be hit from multiple angles and directions, and they are often hard to avoid.
Whatever type of car accident you suffered injuries, property damage, or other damages from, it is frequently the result of negligence on the part of another driver. Examples of negligence in car accidents include:
- Distracted Driving, which can include:
- Texting while driving
- Eating while driving
- Looking at directions
- Adjusting the radio
- Changing temperature settings
- Driving while drunk or on drugs
- Drowsy or fatigued driving
- Reckless driving
The best method of avoiding causing a crash yourself is to heed the laws and rules of the road in Jefferson City, MO and focusing on the road ahead at all times. If you've been injured because of another driver's thoughtless driving, you need the Jefferson City, MO car accidents law firm of HK Law to fight by your side and get the recovery you're entitled to. Our car accident lawyers will make sure you are compensated for your personal property damage, medical bills, lost wages, and pain and suffering.
What to Do After a Car Accident in Jefferson City, MO
Even being involved in a minor accident can be jarring and frightening. There are a several things you should do immediately following a car accident and before contacting a car accident law firm:
- Make sure everyone is safe. If the accident is minor, you should pull over to the side of the road to not obstruct incoming traffic. If it is more significant, turn your car off and turn the hazard lights on. Then you need to seek medical attention for anybody who has been injured. If it looks like a more severe injury, it is best not to move the victim as many car accident injuries involve the neck and/or spine. Call 911 immediately for emergency medical care if somebody has been injured.
- Call the police. Even if the accident is minor, a police officer will write a report that will be very helpful when filing your claim. If the accident was caused by a crime, such as a DWI or reckless driving, the police will want to arrive at the scene quickly to gather evidence and arrest the suspect.
- Collect evidence and other important information. You should get the at-fault driver's personal, contact, and insurance information. It is also important to take photos of the vehicles and the entire scene for skid marks or property damage.
- Notify your insurance carrier and make a claim with the at-fault driver's insurance. Many insurance companies have strict regulations about how long after a crash you can file a claim. Not filing on time could complicate your case.
- Contact HK Law. We are one of the leading car accidents injury law firms in the Jefferson City, MO area. When you hire us, we will:
- Gather police and accident reports
- Gather evidence from the scene
- Review your medical records
- Find and question eyewitnesses
- Work with car accident experts to determine fault
The personal injury lawyers at HK Law have experience fighting and winning a wide variety of personal injury cases. Check out the links below to see more about the services we offer.
- Injury Claim Lawyer
- Drunk Driving Accident Lawyers
- Auto Crash Attorney
- Truck Crash Lawyers
- Slip and Fall Lawyer
- Personal Injury Attorney
- Wrongful Death Lawyer
- Accident Attorney
- Injury Lawyer
Car Accidents Law Firm in Jefferson City, MO | HK Law
When you are harmed in a car accident because of someone else's negligent actions, you require a skilled and experienced car accidents law firm like HK Law by your side to ensure you receive the compensation you are entitled to. Too many times insurance companies attempt to give you less money than you deserve. Our persistence, attention to detail and savvy will ensure that you get a equitable settlement. If a fair settlement cannot be reached, we will take your case to court. We charge no upfront fees and you will never pay us a dime unless we win your case. Call us today at 877-51-HKLAW or contact us online to find out more about how the Jefferson City, MO car accidents law firm of Halvorsen Klote can help you.