Car Accidents Law Firm Harrisburg, MO
Call 877-51-HKLAW for a Consultation and Case Review.
Car Accidents Law Firm Harrisburg, MO. Our attorneys at Halvorsen Klote are a leading car accidents law firm in Harrisburg, MO. When the people who caused your injury do not want to take responsibility for their actions, we will provide you with expert legal representation and help you get the financial recovery you are entitled to. If you or a family member has been injured in a car accident through no fault of your own, reach out to the car accidents law firm of Halvorsen Klote at 877-51-HKLAW or fill out our online form.
The NHTSA reports that there are approximately five to six million car accidents nationwide each year, resulting in 4.8 million serious injuries. 38,680 people died in auto accidents in the U.S. in 2020, the most since 2007, even though Americans were driving less because of COVID-19. While it can be hard to imagine, your life can be turned completely upside down in one moment when other Harrisburg, MO residents are not careful while they're on the road. Whether your accident led to injuries that will necessitate lifelong treatment, or the negligent driver's insurance company is not being fair, Halvorsen Klote's car accidents law firm will help get you the financial recovery that you are entitled to to help you while you recuperate. As a leading car accidents law firm in Harrisburg, MO, we are known for our client-centered approach, and our car accidents lawyers and staff will always keep you updated as your claim progresses.
Common Types and Causes of Car Accidents in Harrisburg, MO
Car accidents are complex|Every car accident has its own specific set of circumstances. The attorneys of our Harrisburg, MO car accidents law firm have experience with helping our clients recover damages in a wide range of different car accidents. Some of the most common types of car accidents in Harrisburg, MO are:
- Head-on Collisions — These can be the among the most devastating and catastrophic crashes, and are usually the result of drunk or reckless driving.
- Rear-end Collisions — These are incredibly common, making up over a quarter of accidents and usually occur in condensed traffic. They can often cause whiplash.
- T-Bone Collisions — These happen when a car runs into the side of another car. Passengers are often the injury victims in these crashes.
- Pedestrian Collisions — Pedestrians are at high-risk when drivers are negligent because they have nowhere near the protection of vehicle occupants and because of force a vehicle can exert.
- Low-speed Collisions — While you might think these lead to only minor injuries, serious injuries can still happen. Low-speed collisions are common in Harrisburg, MO parking lots, or low-speed areas such as school zones.
- Sideswipe Collisions — Also called merging collisions, these happen when someone does not heed their blind spot when merging, or when a driver is distracted and swerves out of their lane. As these frequently happen at high-speeds on the highway, they can result in significant devastation and injury.
- Single Car Accidents — These occur when a driver loses control of their vehicle, and Harrisburg, MO weather conditions often have an effect.
- Multi-Vehicle Collisions — These are particularly dangerous as a vehicle can be hit from multiple angles and directions, and avoiding them is often near-impossible.
No matter the cause of an accident, it is often the result of negligence on the part of another driver. Instances of negligence in car accidents include:
- Distracted Driving, for example:
- Texting while driving
- Eating while driving
- Looking at a map
- Fiddling with the radio
- Adjusting temperature settings
- Drunk or otherwise impaired driving
- Driving when tired
- Reckless driving
The best method of avoiding being the negligent party in an accident is to obey the rules of the road in Harrisburg, MO and concentrate on the road ahead whenever you're behind the wheel. If you've been injured because of another driver's reckless driving, you need the Harrisburg, MO car accidents law firm of HK Law to fight on your behalf and get the recovery you're entitled to. Our car accident lawyers will ensure your financial recovery compensates you for the financial, physical and emotional effects of your injury.
Steps to Take After a Car Accident in Harrisburg, MO
Even being involved in a minor accident can be jarring and frightening. There are a several things you should do directly after a car accident and before contacting a car accident law firm:
- Make sure everyone is safe — If the accident is minor, you should get out of the way of incoming traffic. If the accident is catastrophic, turn off the ignition and turn the hazard lights on. Then you need to seek medical attention for anybody who has been harmed. If it appears to be a more serious injury, it is best not to move the victim as they may have received an injury to their spine. Call 911 immediately for emergency medical care if somebody has been injured.
- Call the police — Even if the accident is not serious, police reports are very useful when filing your claim. If the accident was caused by criminal behavior, such as drunk driving or excessive speeding, the police will want to arrive at the scene quickly to take action.
- Collect evidence and other important information — You need to get the negligent driver's information. It is also helpful to take pictures of the vehicles and the entire scene to show what might have caused the accident.
- File an insurance claim — Many insurance companies have stringent rules about how long after a crash you can file a claim. Not filing on time could complicate your case.
- Contact HK Law — We are one of the best car accidents injury law firms in the Harrisburg, MO area. When you hire us, we will:
- Acquire police and accident reports
- Gather evidence from the scene
- Access your medical records
- Take depositions from witnesses and experts
- Work with crash to determine fault
The personal injury lawyers at HK Law have experience winning a wide variety of injury claims. Click on the following links to see more about the services we offer.
- Motorcycle Accidents Attorney
- Lawyer for Bicycle Accident
- Pedestrian Accident Lawyer
- Injury Claim Lawyer
- Drunk Driving Accident Lawyers
- Auto Crash Attorney
- Truck Crash Lawyers
- Slip and Fall Lawyer
- Personal Injury Attorney
Car Accidents Law Firm in Harrisburg, MO | HK Law
When you are harmed in a car accident because of someone else's reckless actions, you require a talented and accomplished car accidents law firm like HK Law in your corner to ensure you receive the compensation you are owed. Too often insurance companies try to give you less money than you are owed. Our tenacity, attention to detail and expertise will ensure that you get a equitable settlement. If a fair settlement cannot be reached, we will take your case to court. We charge no upfront fees and you will never owe us a penny unless we win your case. Call us today at 877-51-HKLAW or contact us online to find out more about how the Harrisburg, MO car accidents law firm of Halvorsen Klote can help you.