Car Accidents Law Firm Owensville, MO
Call 877-51-HKLAW for a Consultation and Case Review.
Car Accidents Law Firm Owensville, MO. Our team of attorneys at Halvorsen Klote are a leading car accidents law firm in Owensville, MO. When the negligent parties do not want to equitably compensate you for your injuries, we will be by your side to fight on your behalf and help you get the compensation you deserve. If you or a loved one has been affected by a car accident caused by someone else's careless driving, call the car accidents law firm of Halvorsen Klote at 877-51-HKLAW or contact us online.
The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration estimates that there are between five and six million car accidents in the United States every year, which lead to three million injuries. 38,680 people died in motor vehicle accidents in the U.S. in 2020, the highest number of fatalities since 2007, even though Americans were driving less during the pandemic. While it can be hard to imagine, your life can change in one moment when other Owensville, MO people are not careful while they're on the road. Whether your accident caused injuries that will need lifelong treatment, or the reckless driver's insurance company does not want to pay for your emergency room visit, Halvorsen Klote's car accidents law firm will help get you the compensation that you deserve to help you while you heal. As a leading car accidents law firm in Owensville, MO, we are known for our meticulous preparation and attention to detail, and our car accidents lawyers and staff will remain in constant communication with you throughout your case.
Common Types and Causes of Car Accidents in Owensville, MO
Car accidents are complex and every one has its own specific set of circumstances. The attorneys of our Owensville, MO car accidents law firm have experience with helping our clients collect compensation in a wide range of different car wrecks. Some of the most common types of car accidents in Owensville, MO are:
- Head-on collisions. These can be the among the most disastrous and calamitous accidents, and are usually the result of negligent or reckless driving.
- Rear-end collisions. These accidents account for about 29% of accidents and usually occur in heavy traffic. They can regularly cause whiplash or other neck injuries.
- T-Bone collisions. These take place when a car runs into the side of another car. These can often cause serious injuries for a passenger or driver.
- Pedestrian collisions. These collisions can be especially dangerous as pedestrians have little to no protection from the amount of force a vehicle can carry.
- Low-speed collisions. While damage to a vehicle is often minimal in these accidents, severe injuries can still be incurred. Low-speed collisions often happen in Owensville, MO parking lots, or low-speed areas such as school zones.
- Sideswipe collisions. Also called merging collisions, these occur when someone does not observe their blind spot when merging, or when a driver is not paying attentions and swerves out of their lane. As these regularly occur at high-speeds on the highway, they can result in significant damage and injury.
- Single car accidents. These happen when a driver loses control of their vehicle, and Owensville, MO weather conditions often have an effect. They can also be caused by drowsy or impaired driving.
- Multi-Vehicle collisions. These are incredibly dangerous as a car can be hit from multiple angles and directions, and they are often hard to avoid.
Whatever type of car accident you suffered injuries, property damage, or other damages from, it is often the result of negligence on the part of another driver. Instances of negligence in car accidents include:
- Distracted Driving, such as:
- Texting while driving
- Eating while driving
- Looking at directions
- Changing the radio
- Changing temperature settings
- Driving while drunk or on drugs
- Drowsy or fatigued driving
- Reckless driving
The best method of avoiding causing a wreck yourself is to observe the laws and rules of the road in Owensville, MO and concentrating on the road in front of you at all times. If you've been injured because of another driver's careless actions, you need the Owensville, MO car accidents law firm of HK Law to fight by your side and get the compensation you're owed. Our car accident lawyers will make sure you are compensated for your personal property damage, medical bills, lost wages, and pain and suffering.
What to Do After a Car Accident in Owensville, MO
Even being involved in a minor accident can be jarring and frightening. There are a several things you should do directly following a car accident and before contacting a car accident law firm:
- Make sure everyone is safe. If the accident is minor, you should pull over to the side of the road to get out of the way of incoming traffic. If it is more severe, turn your car off and turn the hazard lights on. Then make sure to seek medical attention for anybody who has been harmed. If it appears to be a more severe injury, it is best not to move the victim as many car accident injuries involve the neck and/or spine. Call 911 right away for emergency medical care if anyone has been injured.
- Call the police. Even if the accident is not serious, a police officer will write a report that will be very useful when filing your claim. If the accident was caused by a crime, such as a DWI or reckless driving, the police will want to be on the scene quickly to gather evidence and arrest the suspect.
- Collect evidence and other important information. You need to get the negligent driver's personal, contact, and insurance information. It is also useful to take pictures of the vehicles and the surrounding area for skid marks or property damage.
- Notify your insurance carrier and make a claim with the at-fault driver's insurance. Many insurance companies have stringent regulations about how long after an accident you can file a claim. Not filing on time could complicate your case.
- Contact HK Law. We are one of the leading car accidents injury law firms in the Owensville, MO area. When you hire us, we will:
- Gather police and accident reports
- Obtain evidence from the scene
- Review your medical records
- Find and get statements from eyewitnesses
- Work with car accident experts to determine fault
The personal injury lawyers at HK Law have experience fighting and winning a wide variety of personal injury cases. Check out the links below to see more about the services we offer.
- Injury Claim Lawyer
- Drunk Driving Accident Lawyers
- Auto Crash Attorney
- Truck Crash Lawyers
- Slip and Fall Lawyer
- Personal Injury Attorney
- Wrongful Death Lawyer
- Accident Attorney
- Injury Lawyer
Car Accidents Law Firm in Owensville, MO | HK Law
When you are harmed in a car accident through no fault of your own, you need a skilled and accomplished car accidents law firm like HK Law in your corner to make sure you are awarded the compensation you are owed. Too many times insurance companies want to give you less money than you are entitled to. Our persistence, attention to detail and expertise will ensure that you get a fair settlement. If a fair settlement cannot be reached, we will argue your case in front of a judge and jury. We charge no upfront fees and you will never pay us a penny unless we win your case. Call us today at 877-51-HKLAW or contact us online to find out more about how the Owensville, MO car accidents law firm of Halvorsen Klote can help you.