Car Accidents Law Firm Owensville, MO
Call 877-51-HKLAW for a Consultation and Case Review.
Car Accidents Law Firm Owensville, MO. Our team of attorneys at Halvorsen Klote are an experienced and knowledgeable car accidents law firm in Owensville, MO. When the at-fault parties do not want to take responsibility for their actions, we will be by your side to fight on your behalf and help you get the financial recovery you are entitled to. If you or a loved one has been impacted by a car accident caused by someone else's negligence, reach out to the car accidents law firm of Halvorsen Klote at 877-51-HKLAW or fill out our online form.
The NHTSA estimates that there are between five to six million car accidents in the United States annually, which cause 4.8 million serious injuries. there were 38,600 deaths in motor vehicle accidents in the U.S. in 2020, the highest number of fatalities since 2007, despite Americans driving less because of COVID-19. While it can be hard to imagine, your life can be turned completely upside down in one moment when other Owensville, MO drivers are not careful while they're on the road. Whether your accident resulted in injuries that will necessitate lifelong treatment, or the careless driver's insurance company does not want to fairly compensate you, Halvorsen Klote's car accidents law firm will secure for you the compensation that you are owed to help you in your recovery. As a leading car accidents law firm in Owensville, MO, we have a reputation for our diligent preparation, and our car accidents lawyers and staff will always keep you updated as your claim progresses.
Common Types and Causes of Car Accidents in Owensville, MO
Car accidents are complicated|Each. The attorneys of our Owensville, MO car accidents law firm have experience with helping our clients recover damages in a wide array of different auto wrecks. Some of the most common types of car accidents in Owensville, MO are:
- Head-on Collisions — These can be the among the most devastating and calamitous accidents, and usually happen because of someone driving on the wrong side of the road because they were drunk or distracted.
- Rear-end Collisions — These are incredibly common, making up almost a third of accidents and usually occur in condensed traffic. They can regularly result in whiplash.
- T-Bone Collisions — These happen when two cars collide, forming a "T" shape at the point of impact. Passengers are often the injury victims in these crashes.
- Pedestrian Collisions — These accidents can be particularly dangerous as pedestrians have nowhere near the protection of vehicle occupants and because of the mass and speed of vehicles.
- Low-speed Collisions — While damage to a vehicle is often minor in these wrecks, neck injuries and herniated discs can still happen. Low-speed collisions often occur in Owensville, MO parking lots, or low-speed areas like school zones.
- Sideswipe Collisions — Also called merging collisions, these occur when someone does not take in account their blind spot when merging, or when a driver is distracted and veers out of their lane. As these frequently happen at highway speeds, they can cause serious devastation and injury.
- Single Car Accidents — These occur when a driver is drunk, reckless, otherwise negligent, or because of Owensville, MO weather conditions.
- Multi-Vehicle Collisions — These are particularly dangerous as a car can be hit multiple times, and avoiding them is often near-impossible.
No matter the circumstances of an accident, it is frequently the result of negligence on the part of another motorist. Common types of negligence in car accidents include:
- Distracted Driving, such as:
- Texting while driving
- Eating while driving
- Looking at directions
- Adjusting the radio
- Changing temperature settings
- Being lost in thought
- Driving while drunk or on drugs
- Driving when tired
- Reckless driving
The best way to avoid causing an accident yourself is to obey the rules of the road in Owensville, MO and be cognizant of your surroundings whenever you're behind the wheel. If another driver caused you injuries, you need the Owensville, MO car accidents law firm of HK Law to faithfully and fiercely represent you. Our car accident lawyers will make sure you are compensated for your personal property damage, medical bills, lost wages, and pain and suffering.
Steps to Take After a Car Accident in Owensville, MO
Even being involved in a minor accident are unsettling and cause sudden confusion. There are a several things you should do when involved in an accident and before consulting with a car accident law firm:
- Make sure everyone is safe — If the accident is minor, it's a good idea to get out of the way of incoming traffic. If it is more significant, turn off the ignition and turn the hazard lights on. Then you need to seek medical attention for anybody who has been injured. If it looks like a more serious injury, leave the victim still because they may have received an injury to their spine. Call 911 right away for emergency medical attention if anyone has been injured.
- Call the police — Even for minor accidents, a police officer will write a report that will be very helpful when proving liability. If the accident was caused by a crime, such as drunk driving or reckless driving, the police will want to arrive at the scene quickly to gather evidence and arrest the suspect.
- Collect evidence and other important information — You ought to get the negligent driver's information. It is also helpful to take photographs of the vehicles and the surrounding area to show what might have caused the accident.
- Notify your insurance carrier and make a claim with the at-fault driver's insurance — Many insurance companies have strict rules about how how much time can pass after an accident before you file a claim. Not filing on time could complicate your case.
- Contact HK Law — We are one of the leading car accidents injury law firms in the Owensville, MO area. When you hire us, we will:
- Obtain police and accident reports
- Obtain evidence from the scene
- Review your medical records
- Take depositions from witnesses and experts
- Work with crash to determine liability
The personal injury lawyers at HK Law have experience fighting a wide variety of injury claims. Click on the following links to see what other cases we take on.
- Fatal Car Accident Lawyer
- Auto Accident Attorney
- Bike Wreck Lawyer
- What to Do After a Car Accident
- Premises Liability Attorneys
- Automobile Injury Attorney
- Motorcycle Accidents Attorney
- Lawyer for Bicycle Accident
- Pedestrian Accident Lawyer
- Injury Claim Lawyer
Car Accidents Law Firm in Owensville, MO | HK Law
When you are hurt in a car accident through no fault of your own, you need a skilled and accomplished car accidents law firm like HK Law in your corner to ensure you recover the compensation you deserve. Too many times insurance companies try to give you less money than you deserve. Our tenacity, attention to detail and savvy will ensure that you get a equitable settlement. If we cannot agree on a fair settlement, we will argue your case in front of a judge and jury. We charge no upfront fees and you will never pay us anything unless we win your case. Call us today at 877-51-HKLAW or contact us online to find out more about how the Owensville, MO car accidents law firm of Halvorsen Klote can help you.