Car Accidents Law Firm Bourbon, MO
Call 877-51-HKLAW for a Consultation and Case Review.
Car Accidents Law Firm Bourbon, MO. Our attorneys at Halvorsen Klote are an experienced and knowledgeable car accidents law firm in Bourbon, MO. When the people who caused your injury do not want to take responsibility for their actions, we will be by your side to fight for you and help you get the compensation you need to truly recover. If you or a loved one has been affected by a car accident caused by someone else's negligence, get in touch with the car accidents law firm of Halvorsen Klote at 877-51-HKLAW or fill out our online form.
The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration reports that there are approximately five to six million car accidents in the United States every year, which cause three million injuries. 38,680 people died in motor vehicle crashes in the U.S. in 2020, the highest number of fatalities since 2007, despite Americans driving less because of COVID-19. While nobody wants to imagine it, your life can be upended in one moment when other Bourbon, MO residents do not follow the rules of the road. Whether your accident resulted in injuries that resulted in permanent disability, or the negligent driver's insurance company is not being fair, Halvorsen Klote's car accidents law firm will secure for you the financial recovery that you are entitled to to aid you while you heal. As an experienced and hardworking car accidents law firm in Bourbon, MO, we have a reputation for our client-centered approach, and our car accidents lawyers and staff will always keep you updated as your claim progresses.
Auto Accidents Our Bourbon, MO Car Accident Law Firm Takes On
Car accidents are complicated|Every car accident has its own unique set of circumstances. The attorneys of our Bourbon, MO car accidents law firm know how to investigate and get a financial recovery for many types of car accidents. We have gotten great compensation for our Bourbon, MO clients in:
- Head-on Collisions — These can be the among the most devastating and catastrophic accidents, and usually happen because of drunk or reckless driving.
- Rear-end Collisions — These accidents account for about almost a third of accidents and usually take place in heavy traffic. They can often lead to neck and back injuries.
- T-Bone Collisions — These take place when the front of a vehicle strikes the side of another. Passengers are often the injury victims in these crashes.
- Pedestrian Collisions — These accidents can be especially dangerous as pedestrians have nowhere near the protection of vehicle occupants and because of force a vehicle can exert.
- Low-speed Collisions — While you might think these lead to only minor injuries, severe injuries can still happen. Low-speed collisions are common in Bourbon, MO parking lots, or near schools and other low-speed zones.
- Sideswipe Collisions — Also called merging collisions, these happen when someone does not pay attention to their blind spot when merging, or when a driver is distracted and veers out of their lane. As these regularly occur at highway speeds, they can result in significant devastation and injury.
- Single Car Accidents — These occur when a driver is drunk, reckless, otherwise negligent, or because of Bourbon, MO weather conditions.
- Multi-Vehicle Collisions — These are incredibly dangerous as a vehicle can be hit multiple times, and avoiding them is often near-impossible.
No matter the circumstances of an accident, it is sometimes because of negligence on the part of another driver. Instances of negligence in car accidents include:
- Distracted Driving, which can include:
- Texting while driving
- Eating while driving
- Looking at directions
- Adjusting the radio
- Changing temperature settings
- Driving while drunk or on drugs
- Drowsy driving
- Reckless driving
The best method of avoiding causing an accident yourself is to observe the rules of the road in Bourbon, MO and pay attention to the road ahead at all times. If you've been injured because of another driver's careless driving, you need the Bourbon, MO car accidents law firm of HK Law to faithfully and fiercely represent you. Our car accident lawyers will make sure your financial recovery compensates you for all of your damages.
What to Do After a Car Accident in Bourbon, MO
Even minor accidents can be jarring and unsettling. There are a several things you should do immediately after a car accident and before contacting a car accident law firm:
- Make sure everyone is safe — If the accident is minor, you should get out of the way of incoming traffic. If the accident is catastrophic, turn off the ignition and turn the hazard lights on. Then make sure to seek medical attention for anybody who has been hurt. If it appears to be a more severe injury, leave the victim still because they may have received an injury to their spine. Call 911 right away for emergency medical care if anybody has been injured.
- Call the police — Even for minor accidents, a police officer will write a report that will be very helpful when filing your claim. If the accident was caused by criminal behavior, such as a DWI or reckless driving, the police need to be on the scene quickly to gather evidence and arrest the suspect.
- Collect evidence and other important information — You should get the negligent driver's personal, contact, and insurance information. It is also useful to take photos of the vehicles and the entire scene to show what might have caused the accident.
- Notify your insurance carrier and make a claim with the at-fault driver's insurance — Many insurance companies have stringent regulations about how how much time can pass after an accident before you file a claim. Not filing on time could make your case more difficult.
- Contact HK Law — We are one of the leading car accidents injury law firms in the Bourbon, MO area. When you hire us, we will:
- Acquire police and accident reports
- Gather evidence from the scene
- Review your medical records
- Take depositions from witnesses and experts
- Work with crash to hold the negligent driver accountable
The personal injury lawyers at Halvorsen Klote have experience fighting a wide variety of injury claims. Click on the following links to see more about the services we offer.
- Fatal Car Accident Lawyer
- Auto Accident Attorney
- Bike Wreck Lawyer
- What to Do After a Car Accident
- Premises Liability Attorneys
- Automobile Injury Attorney
- Motorcycle Accidents Attorney
- Lawyer for Bicycle Accident
- Pedestrian Accident Lawyer
- Injury Claim Lawyer
Car Accidents Law Firm in Bourbon, MO | HK Law
When you are harmed in a car accident through no fault of your own, you require a knowledgeable and accomplished car accidents law firm like HK Law by your side to make sure you collect the compensation you deserve. Too often insurance companies want to give you less money than you deserve. Our tenacity, attention to detail and expertise will ensure that you get a just settlement. If we cannot agree on a fair settlement, we will take your case to court. We charge no upfront fees and you will never pay us a penny unless we win your case. Call us today at 877-51-HKLAW or contact us online to find out more about how the Bourbon, MO car accidents law firm of Halvorsen Klote can help you.