Car Accidents Law Firm Valley Park, MO
Call 877-51-HKLAW for a Consultation and Case Review.
Car Accidents Law Firm Valley Park, MO. Our team of attorneys at Halvorsen Klote are a leading car accidents law firm in Valley Park, MO. When the negligent parties do not want to fairly compensate you for your injuries, we will be by your side to fight for you and help you get the compensation you are entitled to. If you or someone you care about has been impacted by a car accident caused by someone else's reckless behavior, call the car accidents law firm of Halvorsen Klote at 877-51-HKLAW or contact us online.
The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration estimates that there are between five and six million car accidents in the United States every year, which lead to three million injuries. 38,680 people died in motor vehicle wrecks in the U.S. in 2020, the most since 2007, despite Americans driving less during the pandemic. While nobody wants to imagine it, your life can change in an instant when other Valley Park, MO drivers are not careful while they're on the road. Whether your accident resulted in injuries that will require lifelong treatment, or the reckless driver's insurance company is declining to pay for your emergency room visit, Halvorsen Klote's car accidents law firm will help get you the compensation that you are owed to help you in your recovery. As a leading car accidents law firm in Valley Park, MO, we are known for our thorough preparation and attention to detail, and our car accidents lawyers and staff will remain in constant communication with you until the end of your case.
Common Types and Causes of Car Accidents in Valley Park, MO
Car accidents are complex and each has its own specific set of circumstances. The attorneys of our Valley Park, MO car accidents law firm have experience with helping our clients recover compensation in a wide range of different car crashes. Some of the most common kinds of car accidents in Valley Park, MO are:
- Head-on collisions. These can be the among the most devastating and calamitous accidents, and are usually the result of negligent or reckless driving.
- Rear-end collisions. These accidents account for about 29% of accidents and usually happen in condensed traffic. They can frequently cause whiplash or other neck injuries.
- T-Bone collisions. These take place when a car runs into the side of another car. These can often cause devastating injuries for a passenger or driver.
- Pedestrian collisions. These collisions can be particularly dangerous as pedestrians have little to no protection from the amount of force a vehicle can apply.
- Low-speed collisions. While damage to a vehicle is often minor in these wrecks, severe injuries can still be incurred. Low-speed collisions often occur in Valley Park, MO parking lots, or low-speed areas such as school zones.
- Sideswipe collisions. Also called merging collisions, these occur when someone does not observe their blind spot when merging, or when a driver is distracted and veers out of their lane. As these regularly happen at high-speeds on the highway, they can cause serious devastation and injury.
- Single car accidents. These happen when a driver does not maintain control of their vehicle, and Valley Park, MO weather conditions often have an effect. They can also be caused by drowsy or impaired driving.
- Multi-Vehicle collisions. These are especially dangerous as a car can be hit from multiple angles and directions, and they are often difficult to avoid.
Whatever type of car accident you suffered injuries, property damage, or other damages from, it is often the result of negligence on the part of another driver. Examples of negligence in car accidents include:
- Distracted Driving, which can include:
- Texting while driving
- Eating while driving
- Looking at directions
- Changing the radio
- Adjusting heat or AC settings
- Driving while drunk or on drugs
- Drowsy or fatigued driving
- Reckless driving
The best method of avoiding creating a crash yourself is to follow the laws and rules of the road in Valley Park, MO and focusing on the road ahead at all times. If you've been injured because of another driver's reckless actions, you need the Valley Park, MO car accidents law firm of HK Law to fight on your behalf and get the recovery you're owed. Our car accident lawyers will make sure you are compensated for your personal property damage, medical bills, lost wages, and pain and suffering.
What to Do After a Car Accident in Valley Park, MO
Even being involved in a minor accident can be jarring and frightening. There are a several steps you should take directly following a car accident and before contacting a car accident law firm:
- Make sure everyone is safe. If the accident is minor, you should pull over to the side of the road to not obstruct incoming traffic. If it is more significant, turn your car off and turn the hazard lights on. Then you need to seek medical attention for anybody who has been hurt. If it looks like a more serious injury, it is best not to move the victim as many car accident injuries involve the neck and/or spine. Call 911 immediately for emergency medical care if anybody has been injured.
- Call the police. Even if the accident is not serious, a police officer will write a report that will be very helpful when making your claim. If the accident was caused by a crime, such as a DWI or reckless driving, the police will want to be on the scene quickly to gather evidence and arrest the suspect.
- Collect evidence and other important information. You need to get the at-fault driver's personal, contact, and insurance information. It is also important to take photographs of the vehicles and the entire scene for skid marks or property damage.
- Notify your insurance carrier and make a claim with the at-fault driver's insurance. Many insurance companies have stringent regulations about how long after an accident you can file a claim. Not filing on time could complicate your case.
- Contact HK Law. We are one of the leading car accidents injury law firms in the Valley Park, MO area. When you hire us, we will:
- Collect police and accident reports
- Obtain evidence from the scene
- Review your medical records
- Find and get statements from eyewitnesses
- Work with car accident experts to determine fault
The personal injury lawyers at HK Law have experience fighting and winning a wide variety of personal injury cases. Check out the links below to see more about the services we offer.
- Injury Claim Lawyer
- Drunk Driving Accident Lawyers
- Auto Crash Attorney
- Truck Crash Lawyers
- Slip and Fall Lawyer
- Personal Injury Attorney
- Wrongful Death Lawyer
- Accident Attorney
- Injury Lawyer
Car Accidents Law Firm in Valley Park, MO | HK Law
When you are harmed in a car accident through no fault of your own, you need a knowledgeable and experienced car accidents law firm like HK Law in your corner to ensure you receive the compensation you are owed. Too many times insurance companies try to give you less money than you are entitled to. Our determination, attention to detail and expertise will ensure that you get a just settlement. If a fair settlement cannot be reached, we will take your case to court. We charge no upfront fees and you will never pay us a penny unless we win your case. Call us today at 877-51-HKLAW or contact us online to find out more about how the Valley Park, MO car accidents law firm of Halvorsen Klote can help you.