Car Accidents Law Firm Granite City, IL
Call 877-51-HKLAW for a Consultation and Case Review.
Car Accidents Law Firm Granite City, IL. Our attorneys at Halvorsen Klote are a leading car accidents law firm in Granite City, IL. When the people who caused your injury do not want to fairly compensate you for your damages, we will provide you with expert legal representation and help you get the compensation you deserve. If you or a family member has been affected by a car accident caused by someone else's careless driving, reach out to the car accidents law firm of Halvorsen Klote at 877-51-HKLAW or fill out our online form.
The NHTSA estimates that there are between five to six million car accidents in the U.S. annually, resulting in 4.8 million serious injuries. there were 38,600 fatalities in car crashes in the U.S. in 2020, the highest number of fatalities since 2007, despite Americans driving less during the pandemic. While it can be hard to imagine, your life can be turned completely upside down in one moment when other Granite City, IL residents do not follow the rules of the road. Whether your accident caused injuries that will need lifelong treatment, or the at-fault driver's insurance company does not want to fairly compensate you, Halvorsen Klote's car accidents law firm will help get you the compensation that you deserve to help you in your recovery. As an experienced and hardworking car accidents law firm in Granite City, IL, we are known for our client-centered approach, and our car accidents lawyers and paralegals will always keep you updated as your claim progresses.
Auto Accidents Our Granite City, IL Car Accident Law Firm Takes On
Car accidents are complicated|Each. The attorneys of our Granite City, IL car accidents law firm know how to receive compensation in a wide array of different car crashes. We have gotten great compensation for our Granite City, IL clients in:
- Head-on Collisions — These can be the among the most destructive and calamitous wrecks, and are usually the result of someone driving on the wrong side of the road because they were drunk or distracted.
- Rear-end Collisions — These make up 29% of accidents and usually occur in heavy traffic. They can regularly result in neck injuries.
- T-Bone Collisions — These happen when a car runs into the side of another car. These can often cause devastating injuries for a passenger or driver.
- Pedestrian Collisions — These accidents can be particularly dangerous as pedestrians have little to no way to protect themselves from the amount of the mass and speed of vehicles.
- Low-speed Collisions — While damage to a vehicle is often minimal in these collisions, severe injuries can still be incurred. Low-speed collisions often occur in Granite City, IL parking lots, or near schools and other low-speed zones.
- Sideswipe Collisions — Also called merging collisions, these happen when someone does not pay attention to their blind spot when merging, or when a driver is not paying attentions and veers out of their lane. As these frequently occur at high-speeds on the highway, they can cause significant destruction and injury.
- Single Car Accidents — These occur when a driver is drunk, reckless, otherwise negligent, or because of Granite City, IL weather conditions.
- Multi-Vehicle Collisions — These are particularly dangerous as a vehicle can be struck from multiple angles and directions, and avoiding them is often next to impossible.
No matter the circumstances of an accident, it is often because of negligence on the part of another driver. Examples of negligence in car accidents include:
- Distracted Driving, which can include:
- Texting while driving
- Eating while driving
- Looking at directions
- Changing the radio
- Adjusting climate settings
- Being lost in thought
- Drunk or otherwise impaired driving
- Driving when tired
- Reckless driving
The best way to avoid causing an accident yourself is to observe the rules of the road in Granite City, IL and be cognizant of your surroundings at all times. If another driver caused you injuries, you need the Granite City, IL car accidents law firm of HK Law to fight on your behalf and get the compensation you're owed. Our car accident lawyers will make sure you are compensated for your personal property damage, medical bills, lost wages, and pain and suffering.
What to Do After a Car Accident in Granite City, IL
Even being involved in a minor accident are unsettling and cause sudden confusion. There are a several steps you should take directly after a car accident and before consulting with a car accident law firm:
- Make sure everyone is safe — If there is no serious damage or injuries, you should get out of the way of incoming traffic. If it is more serious, turn off the ignition and turn the hazard lights on. Then you need to seek medical attention for anybody who has been injured. If it appears to be a more serious injury, leave the victim still as many car accident injuries involve the neck and/or spine. Call 911 right away for emergency medical attention if anyone has been injured.
- Call the police — Even for minor accidents, police reports are very helpful when proving liability. If the accident was caused by a crime, such as drunk driving or excessive speeding, the police need to be on the scene quickly to gather evidence and arrest the suspect.
- Collect evidence and other important information — You will want to get the at-fault driver's information. It is also useful to take pictures of the vehicles and the surrounding area to show what might have caused the accident.
- Notify your insurance carrier and make a claim with the at-fault driver's insurance — Many insurance companies have strict regulations about how long after an accident you can file a claim. Not filing on time could complicate your case.
- Contact HK Law — We are one of the best car accidents injury law firms in the Granite City, IL area. When you hire us, we will:
- Acquire police and accident reports
- Gather evidence from the scene
- Evaluate your medical records
- Take depositions from witnesses and experts
- Work with crash to hold the negligent driver accountable
The personal injury lawyers at HK Law have experience fighting a wide variety of injury claims. Click on the following links to see what other cases we take on.
- Fatal Car Accident Lawyer
- Auto Accident Attorney
- Bike Wreck Lawyer
- What to Do After a Car Accident
- Premises Liability Attorneys
- Automobile Injury Attorney
- Motorcycle Accidents Attorney
- Lawyer for Bicycle Accident
- Pedestrian Accident Lawyer
- Injury Claim Lawyer
Car Accidents Law Firm in Granite City, IL | HK Law
When you are injured in a car accident because of someone else's negligent driving, you require a skilled and experienced car accidents law firm like HK Law by your side to make sure you receive the compensation you are entitled to. Too many times insurance companies want to give you less money than you are owed. Our persistence, attention to detail and savvy will ensure that you get a just settlement. If we cannot agree on a fair settlement, we will argue your case in front of a judge and jury. We charge no upfront fees and you will never pay us a penny unless we win your case. Call us today at 877-51-HKLAW or contact us online to find out more about how the Granite City, IL car accidents law firm of Halvorsen Klote can help you.