Car Accidents Law Firm Wentzville, MO
Call 877-51-HKLAW for a Consultation and Case Review.
Car Accidents Law Firm Wentzville, MO. Our team of attorneys at Halvorsen Klote are a leading car accidents law firm in Wentzville, MO. When the negligent parties do not want to equitably compensate you for your damages, we will be there to fight on your behalf and help you get the compensation you are owed. If you or someone you care about has been injured in a car accident caused by someone else's careless driving, call the car accidents law firm of Halvorsen Klote at 877-51-HKLAW or contact us online.
The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration estimates that there are between five and six million car accidents in the U.S. each year, which lead to three million injuries. 38,680 people died in motor vehicle wrecks in the U.S. in 2020, the highest number of fatalities since 2007, in spite of the fact that Americans were driving less during the pandemic. While nobody wants to imagine it, your life can change in the blink of an eye when other Wentzville, MO residents do not obey the rules of the road. Whether your accident resulted in injuries that will need lifelong treatment, or the at-fault driver's insurance company is declining to pay for your emergency medical care, Halvorsen Klote's car accidents law firm will help get you the compensation that you are entitled to to aid you while you heal. As a leading car accidents law firm in Wentzville, MO, we are known for our meticulous preparation and attention to detail, and our car accidents lawyers and staff will keep in constant communication with you until the end of your case.
Common Types and Causes of Car Accidents in Wentzville, MO
Car accidents are complicated and every one has its own unique set of circumstances. The attorneys of our Wentzville, MO car accidents law firm have experience with helping our clients receive compensation in a variety of different motor vehicle crashes. Some of the most common kinds of car accidents in Wentzville, MO are:
- Head-on collisions. These can be the among the most disastrous and calamitous crashes, and usually happen because of negligent or reckless driving.
- Rear-end collisions. These accidents account for about 29% of accidents and usually take place in heavy traffic. They can often result in whiplash or other neck injuries.
- T-Bone collisions. These take place when a car runs into the side of another car. These can often cause serious injuries for a passenger or driver.
- Pedestrian collisions. These collisions can be especially dangerous as pedestrians have little to no protection from the amount of force a vehicle can exert.
- Low-speed collisions. While damage to a vehicle is often minor in these crashes, serious injuries can still happen. Low-speed collisions often happen in Wentzville, MO parking lots, or low-speed areas such as school zones.
- Sideswipe collisions. Also called merging collisions, these occur when someone does not observe their blind spot when merging, or when a driver is not paying attentions and swerves out of their lane. As these consistently happen at high-speeds on the highway, they can result in significant destruction and injury.
- Single car accidents. These happen when a driver does not maintain control of their vehicle, and can often be affected by Wentzville, MO weather conditions. They can also be caused by drowsy or impaired driving.
- Multi-Vehicle collisions. These are incredibly dangerous as a car can be hit from multiple angles and directions, and they are often difficult to avoid.
Whatever type of car accident you suffered injuries, property damage, or other damages from, it is often because of negligence on the part of another person. Examples of negligence in car accidents include:
- Distracted Driving, which can include:
- Texting while driving
- Eating while driving
- Looking at directions
- Changing the radio
- Adjusting temperature settings
- Driving while drunk or on drugs
- Drowsy or fatigued driving
- Reckless driving
The best way to avoid causing a crash yourself is to follow the laws and rules of the road in Wentzville, MO and pay attention at all times. If you've been injured because of another driver's thoughtless behavior, you need the Wentzville, MO car accidents law firm of HK Law to fight by your side and get the recovery you're entitled to. Our car accident lawyers will make sure you are compensated for your personal property damage, medical bills, lost wages, and pain and suffering.
What to Do After a Car Accident in Wentzville, MO
Even being involved in a minor accident can be nerve-racking and unsettling. There are a number of steps you should take immediately after a car accident and before contacting a car accident law firm:
- Make sure everyone is safe. If the accident is minor, it's a good idea to pull over to the side of the road to get out of the way of incoming traffic. If it is more serious, turn your car off and turn the hazard lights on. Then make sure to seek medical attention for anybody who has been injured. If it appears to be a more significant injury, it is best not to move the victim as many car accident injuries involve the neck and/or spine. Call 911 right away for emergency medical care if someone has been injured.
- Call the police. Even if the accident is minor, a police officer will write a report that will be very useful when making your claim. If the accident was caused by criminal behavior, such as a DWI or reckless driving, the police need to arrive at the scene quickly to gather evidence and arrest the suspect.
- Gather evidence and other important information. You should get the negligent driver's personal, contact, and insurance information. It is also helpful to take photos of the vehicles and the surrounding area for skid marks or property damage.
- Notify your insurance carrier and make a claim with the at-fault driver's insurance. Many insurance companies have strict rules about how long after a crash you can file a claim. Not filing on time could make your case more complicated.
- Contact HK Law. We are one of the leading car accidents injury law firms in the Wentzville, MO area. When you hire us, we will:
- Acquire police and accident reports
- Collect evidence from the scene
- Review your medical records
- Find and get statements from eyewitnesses
- Work with car accident experts to determine liability
The personal injury lawyers at HK Law have experience fighting and winning a wide variety of personal injury cases. Check out the links below to see more about the services we offer.
- Injury Claim Lawyer
- Drunk Driving Accident Lawyers
- Auto Crash Attorney
- Truck Crash Lawyers
- Slip and Fall Lawyer
- Personal Injury Attorney
- Wrongful Death Lawyer
- Accident Attorney
- Injury Lawyer
Car Accidents Law Firm in Wentzville, MO | HK Law
When you are harmed in a car accident because of someone else's careless driving, you require a knowledgeable and accomplished car accidents law firm like HK Law in your corner to ensure you receive the compensation you deserve. Too often insurance companies try to give you less money than you are owed. Our persistence, attention to detail and expertise will ensure that you get a fair settlement. If a fair settlement cannot be reached, we will argue your case in front of a judge and jury. We charge no upfront fees and you will never pay us anything unless we win your case. Call us today at 877-51-HKLAW or contact us online to find out more about how the Wentzville, MO car accidents law firm of Halvorsen Klote can help you.