Car Accidents Law Firm St. Clair, MO
Call 877-51-HKLAW for a Consultation and Case Review.
Car Accidents Law Firm St. Clair, MO. Our team of attorneys at Halvorsen Klote are a leading car accidents law firm in St. Clair, MO. When the reckless parties do not want to fairly compensate you for your damages, we will be by your side to fight on your behalf and help you get the compensation you are entitled to. If you or a loved one has been affected by a car accident caused by someone else's negligence, call the car accidents law firm of Halvorsen Klote at 877-51-HKLAW or contact us online.
The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration estimates that there are between five and six million car accidents in the U.S. every year, which lead to three million injuries. 38,680 people died in auto wrecks in the U.S. in 2020, the most since 2007, in spite of the fact that Americans were driving less during the pandemic. While nobody wants to imagine it, your life can change in an instant when other St. Clair, MO residents are not careful while they're on the road. Whether your accident led to injuries that will require lifelong treatment, or the at-fault driver's insurance company is declining to pay for your emergency room visit, Halvorsen Klote's car accidents law firm will help get you the compensation that you deserve to aid you in your recovery. As a leading car accidents law firm in St. Clair, MO, we have a reputation for our diligent preparation and attention to detail, and our car accidents lawyers and staff will stay in constant communication with you throughout your case.
Common Types and Causes of Car Accidents in St. Clair, MO
Car accidents are complicated and each has its own unique set of circumstances. The attorneys of our St. Clair, MO car accidents law firm have experience with helping our clients collect damages in a variety of different car crashes. Some of the most common kinds of car accidents in St. Clair, MO are:
- Head-on collisions. These can be the among the most disastrous and calamitous accidents, and are usually caused by negligent or reckless driving.
- Rear-end collisions. These accidents account for about 29% of accidents and usually occur in condensed traffic. They can often result in whiplash or other neck injuries.
- T-Bone collisions. These take place when a car runs into the side of another car. These can often cause devastating injuries for a passenger or driver.
- Pedestrian collisions. These accidents can be especially dangerous as pedestrians have little to no way to protect themselves from the amount of force a vehicle can apply.
- Low-speed collisions. While damage to a vehicle is often minor in these collisions, serious injuries can still be incurred. Low-speed collisions often occur in St. Clair, MO parking lots, or low-speed areas such as school zones.
- Sideswipe collisions. Also called merging collisions, these occur when someone does not heed their blind spot when merging, or when a driver is not paying attentions and veers out of their lane. As these frequently happen at high-speeds on the highway, they can cause significant destruction and injury.
- Single car accidents. These occur when a driver loses control of their vehicle, and can often be affected by St. Clair, MO weather conditions. They can also be caused by drowsy or impaired driving.
- Multi-Vehicle collisions. These are particularly dangerous as a car can be hit from multiple angles and directions, and they are often difficult to avoid.
Whatever type of car accident you suffered injuries, property damage, or other damages from, it is frequently because of negligence on the part of another driver. Instances of negligence in car accidents include:
- Distracted Driving, which can include:
- Texting while driving
- Eating while driving
- Looking at directions
- Changing the radio
- Adjusting temperature settings
- Driving while drunk or on drugs
- Drowsy or fatigued driving
- Reckless driving
The best way to avoid creating a wreck yourself is to obey the laws and rules of the road in St. Clair, MO and concentrating on the road in front of you at all times. If you've been injured because of another driver's careless actions, you need the St. Clair, MO car accidents law firm of HK Law to fight by your side and get the compensation you're owed. Our car accident lawyers will make sure you are compensated for your personal property damage, medical bills, lost wages, and pain and suffering.
What to Do After a Car Accident in St. Clair, MO
Even being involved in a minor accident can be nerve-racking and frightening. There are a number of things you should do directly following a car accident and before contacting a car accident law firm:
- Make sure everyone is safe. If the accident is minor, it's a good idea to pull over to the side of the road to not obstruct incoming traffic. If it is more significant, turn your car off and turn the hazard lights on. Then make sure to seek medical attention for anybody who has been hurt. If it appears to be a more severe injury, it is best not to move the victim as many car accident injuries involve the neck and/or spine. Call 911 right away for emergency medical care if anybody has been injured.
- Call the police. Even if the accident is minor, a police officer will write a report that will be very useful when filing your claim. If the accident was caused by criminal actions, such as a DWI or reckless driving, the police need to be on the scene quickly to gather evidence and arrest the suspect.
- Gather evidence and other important information. You should get the negligent driver's personal, contact, and insurance information. It is also helpful to take pictures of the vehicles and the entire scene for skid marks or property damage.
- Notify your insurance carrier and make a claim with the at-fault driver's insurance. Many insurance companies have stringent regulations about how how much time can pass after a crash before you file a claim. Not filing on time could complicate your case.
- Contact HK Law. We are one of the best car accidents injury law firms in the St. Clair, MO area. When you hire us, we will:
- Acquire police and accident reports
- Collect evidence from the scene
- Evaluate your medical records
- Find and get statements from eyewitnesses
- Work with car accident experts to determine fault
The personal injury lawyers at HK Law have experience fighting and winning a wide variety of personal injury cases. Check out the links below to see more about the services we offer.
- Injury Claim Lawyer
- Drunk Driving Accident Lawyers
- Auto Crash Attorney
- Truck Crash Lawyers
- Slip and Fall Lawyer
- Personal Injury Attorney
- Wrongful Death Lawyer
- Accident Attorney
- Injury Lawyer
Car Accidents Law Firm in St. Clair, MO | HK Law
When you are harmed in a car accident because of someone else's negligent driving, you require a knowledgeable and experienced car accidents law firm like HK Law by your side to ensure you recover the compensation you are owed. Too many times insurance companies attempt to give you less money than you are owed. Our work ethic, attention to detail and savvy will ensure that you get a fair settlement. If a fair settlement cannot be reached, we will argue your case in front of a judge and jury. We charge no upfront fees and you will never owe us a penny unless we win your case. Call us today at 877-51-HKLAW or contact us online to find out more about how the St. Clair, MO car accidents law firm of Halvorsen Klote can help you.