Car Accidents Law Firm Cottleville, MO
Call 877-51-HKLAW for a Consultation and Case Review.
Car Accidents Law Firm Cottleville, MO. Our team of lawyers at Halvorsen Klote are a leading car accidents law firm in Cottleville, MO. When the negligent parties do not want to take responsibility for their actions, we will provide you with expert legal representation and help you get the financial recovery you are entitled to. If you or a loved one has been injured in a car accident through no fault of your own, call the car accidents law firm of Halvorsen Klote at 877-51-HKLAW or fill out our online form.
The NHTSA estimates that there are between five to six million car accidents in the U.S. annually, which lead to 4.8 million serious injuries. 38,680 people died in car crashes in the U.S. in 2020, the highest number of fatalities since 2007, in spite of the fact that Americans were driving less because of COVID-19. While nobody wants to imagine it, your life can be turned completely upside down in in a second when other Cottleville, MO residents are not careful while they're on the road. Whether your accident resulted in injuries that will need lifelong treatment, or the careless driver's insurance company is declining to pay for your emergency medical care, Halvorsen Klote's car accidents law firm will help get you the financial recovery that you are entitled to to help you while you recuperate. As a leading car accidents law firm in Cottleville, MO, we have a reputation for our diligent preparation, and our car accidents lawyers and staff will keep in constant communication with you throughout your case.
Common Types and Causes of Car Accidents in Cottleville, MO
Car accidents are complex|Every car accident has its own specific set of circumstances. The attorneys of our Cottleville, MO car accidents law firm have experience with helping our clients investigate and get a financial recovery for many types of car accidents. We have gotten great compensation for our Cottleville, MO clients in:
- Head-on Collisions — These can be the among the most disastrous and catastrophic wrecks, and usually happen because of drunk or reckless driving.
- Rear-end Collisions — These are incredibly common, making up over a quarter of accidents and usually take place in condensed traffic. They can often result in neck injuries.
- T-Bone Collisions — These take place when a car hits the side of another car. These can often cause devastating injuries for a passenger or driver.
- Pedestrian Collisions — Pedestrians are at high-risk when drivers are negligent because they have nowhere near the protection of vehicle occupants and because of the mass and speed of vehicles.
- Low-speed Collisions — While damage to a vehicle is often minor in these collisions, neck injuries and herniated discs can still be incurred. Low-speed collisions often happen in Cottleville, MO parking lots, or low-speed areas like school zones.
- Sideswipe Collisions — Also called merging collisions, these happen when someone does not pay attention to their blind spot when merging, or when a driver is distracted and veers out of their lane. As these consistently happen at high-speeds on the highway, they can cause serious damage and injury.
- Single Car Accidents — These occur when a driver is drunk, reckless, otherwise negligent, or because of Cottleville, MO weather conditions.
- Multi-Vehicle Collisions — These are incredibly dangerous as a vehicle can be struck from multiple angles and directions, and they are often hard to avoid.
No matter the cause of an accident, it is often because another motorist broke the rules. Instances of negligence in car accidents include:
- Distracted Driving, which can include:
- Texting while driving
- Eating while driving
- Looking at directions
- Adjusting the radio
- Changing temperature settings
- Driving while drunk or on drugs
- Drowsy driving
- Reckless driving
The best method of avoiding being the negligent party in an accident is to heed the laws in Cottleville, MO and be cognizant of your surroundings at all times. If you've been injured because of another driver's careless actions, you need the Cottleville, MO car accidents law firm of HK Law to fight by your side and get the recovery you're owed. Our car accident lawyers will ensure your financial recovery compensates you for the full extent of how your injury has affected you.
What to Do After a Car Accident in Cottleville, MO
Even minor accidents are unsettling and cause sudden confusion. There are a number of steps you should take immediately after a car accident and before reaching out to a car accident law firm:
- Make sure everyone is safe — If there is no serious damage or injuries, it's a good idea to pull over to the side of the road. If the accident is catastrophic, turn off the ignition and turn the hazard lights on. Then call emergency services and render aid to anyone you are able to. If it appears to be a more severe injury, it is best not to move the victim as they may have received an injury to their spine. Call 911 immediately for emergency medical care if anyone has been injured.
- Call the police — Even for minor accidents, a police officer will write a report that will be very useful when making your claim. If the accident was caused by criminal actions, such as a DWI or excessive speeding, the police need to be on the scene quickly to collect evidence and arrest the suspect.
- Collect evidence and other important information — You need to get the negligent driver's information. It is also useful to take photographs of the vehicles and the surrounding area to show what might have caused the accident.
- Notify your insurance carrier and make a claim with the at-fault driver's insurance — Many insurance companies have stringent regulations about how long after a crash you can file a claim. Not filing on time could complicate your case.
- Contact HK Law — We are one of the best car accidents injury law firms in the Cottleville, MO area. When you hire us, we will:
- Collect police and accident reports
- Collect evidence from the scene
- Go over your medical records
- Find and get statements from eyewitnesses
- Work with car accident experts to determine fault
The personal injury lawyers at Halvorsen Klote have experience fighting a wide variety of injury claims. Click on the links below to see what other cases we take on.
- Fatal Car Accident Lawyer
- Auto Accident Attorney
- Bike Wreck Lawyer
- What to Do After a Car Accident
- Premises Liability Attorneys
- Automobile Injury Attorney
- Motorcycle Accidents Attorney
- Lawyer for Bicycle Accident
- Pedestrian Accident Lawyer
- Injury Claim Lawyer
Car Accidents Law Firm in Cottleville, MO | HK Law
When you are harmed in a car accident through no fault of your own, you require a talented and experienced car accidents law firm like HK Law in your corner to ensure you recover the compensation you deserve. Too often insurance companies try to give you less money than you are entitled to. Our determination, attention to detail and savvy will ensure that you get a equitable settlement. If a fair settlement cannot be reached, we will take your case to court. We charge no upfront fees and you will never pay us a dime unless we win your case. Call us today at 877-51-HKLAW or contact us online to find out more about how the Cottleville, MO car accidents law firm of Halvorsen Klote can help you.