Car Accidents Law Firm Cottleville, MO
Call 877-51-HKLAW for a Consultation and Case Review.
Car Accidents Law Firm Cottleville, MO. Our team of attorneys at Halvorsen Klote are a leading car accidents law firm in Cottleville, MO. When the reckless parties do not want to fairly compensate you for your damages, we will be by your side to fight on your behalf and help you get the compensation you are entitled to. If you or someone you care about has been impacted by a car accident caused by someone else's reckless actions, call the car accidents law firm of Halvorsen Klote at 877-51-HKLAW or contact us online.
The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration estimates that there are between five and six million car accidents nationally each year, which lead to three million injuries. 38,680 people died in auto crashes in the U.S. in 2020, the highest number of fatalities since 2007, even though Americans were driving less during the pandemic. While it can be hard to imagine, your life can change in one moment when other Cottleville, MO drivers are not careful while they're on the road. Whether your accident resulted in injuries that will necessitate lifelong treatment, or the at-fault driver's insurance company is declining to pay for your emergency room visit, Halvorsen Klote's car accidents law firm will help get you the compensation that you are entitled to to aid you in your recovery. As a leading car accidents law firm in Cottleville, MO, we are known for our diligent preparation and attention to detail, and our car accidents lawyers and staff will keep in constant communication with you throughout your case.
Common Types and Causes of Car Accidents in Cottleville, MO
Car accidents are complicated and every one has its own individual set of circumstances. The attorneys of our Cottleville, MO car accidents law firm have experience with helping our clients receive compensation in a wide range of different auto accidents. Some of the most common sorts of car accidents in Cottleville, MO are:
- Head-on collisions. These can be the among the most disastrous and calamitous crashes, and are usually caused by negligent or reckless driving.
- Rear-end collisions. These accidents account for about 29% of accidents and usually occur in heavy traffic. They can frequently lead to whiplash or other neck injuries.
- T-Bone collisions. These happen when a car hits the side of another car. These can often cause serious injuries for a passenger or driver.
- Pedestrian collisions. These collisions can be particularly dangerous as pedestrians have little to no way to protect themselves from the amount of force a vehicle can carry.
- Low-speed collisions. While damage to a vehicle is often minor in these wrecks, severe injuries can still be incurred. Low-speed collisions often take place in Cottleville, MO parking lots, or low-speed areas such as school zones.
- Sideswipe collisions. Also called merging collisions, these happen when someone does not pay attention to their blind spot when merging, or when a driver is distracted and swerves out of their lane. As these often happen at high-speeds on the highway, they can cause significant devastation and injury.
- Single car accidents. These happen when a driver does not maintain control of their vehicle, and can often be affected by Cottleville, MO weather conditions. They can also be caused by drowsy or impaired driving.
- Multi-Vehicle collisions. These are incredibly dangerous as a car can be hit from multiple angles and directions, and they are often hard to avoid.
Whatever type of car accident you suffered injuries, property damage, or other damages from, it is sometimes the result of negligence on the part of another motorist. Cases of negligence in car accidents include:
- Distracted Driving, for example:
- Texting while driving
- Eating while driving
- Looking at directions
- Adjusting the radio
- Changing temperature settings
- Driving while drunk or on drugs
- Drowsy or fatigued driving
- Reckless driving
The best way to avoid causing an accident yourself is to obey the laws and rules of the road in Cottleville, MO and pay attention at all times. If you've been injured because of another driver's thoughtless driving, you need the Cottleville, MO car accidents law firm of HK Law to fight on your behalf and get the compensation you're entitled to. Our car accident lawyers will make sure you are compensated for your personal property damage, medical bills, lost wages, and pain and suffering.
What to Do After a Car Accident in Cottleville, MO
Even being involved in a minor accident can be nerve-racking and scary. There are a several things you should do directly following a car accident and before contacting a car accident law firm:
- Make sure everyone is safe. If the accident is minor, it's a good idea to pull over to the side of the road to not obstruct incoming traffic. If it is more severe, turn your car off and turn the hazard lights on. Then you need to seek medical attention for anybody who has been hurt. If it appears to be a more serious injury, it is best not to move the victim as many car accident injuries involve the neck and/or spine. Call 911 immediately for emergency medical care if someone has been injured.
- Call the police. Even if the accident is minor, a police officer will write a report that will be very useful when filing your claim. If the accident was caused by a crime, such as a DWI or reckless driving, the police need to be on the scene quickly to gather evidence and arrest the suspect.
- Gather evidence and other important information. You will want to get the at-fault driver's personal, contact, and insurance information. It is also helpful to take photographs of the vehicles and the surrounding area for skid marks or property damage.
- Notify your insurance carrier and make a claim with the at-fault driver's insurance. Many insurance companies have strict rules about how how much time can pass after an accident before you file a claim. Not filing on time could make your case more complex.
- Contact HK Law. We are one of the leading car accidents injury law firms in the Cottleville, MO area. When you hire us, we will:
- Collect police and accident reports
- Acquire evidence from the scene
- Review your medical records
- Find and get statements from eyewitnesses
- Work with car accident experts to determine fault
The personal injury lawyers at HK Law have experience fighting and winning a wide variety of personal injury cases. Check out the links below to see more about the services we offer.
- Injury Claim Lawyer
- Drunk Driving Accident Lawyers
- Auto Crash Attorney
- Truck Crash Lawyers
- Slip and Fall Lawyer
- Personal Injury Attorney
- Wrongful Death Lawyer
- Accident Attorney
- Injury Lawyer
Car Accidents Law Firm in Cottleville, MO | HK Law
When you are harmed in a car accident through no fault of your own, you require a talented and accomplished car accidents law firm like HK Law by your side to ensure you receive the compensation you are entitled to. Too many times insurance companies want to give you less money than you deserve. Our persistence, attention to detail and expertise will ensure that you get a just settlement. If we cannot agree on a fair settlement, we will take your case to court. We charge no upfront fees and you will never pay us a dime unless we win your case. Call us today at 877-51-HKLAW or contact us online to find out more about how the Cottleville, MO car accidents law firm of Halvorsen Klote can help you.