Car Accidents Law Firm New Haven, MO
Call 877-51-HKLAW for a Consultation and Case Review.
Car Accidents Law Firm New Haven, MO. Our team of lawyers at Halvorsen Klote are an experienced and knowledgeable car accidents law firm in New Haven, MO. When the liable parties do not want to equitably compensate you for your injuries, we will provide you with expert legal representation and help you get the compensation you deserve. If you or a loved one has been injured in a car accident through no fault of your own, get in touch with the car accidents law firm of Halvorsen Klote at 877-51-HKLAW or fill out our online form.
The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration reports that there are approximately five to six million car accidents nationwide every year, which lead to 4.8 million serious injuries. there were 38,600 fatalities in car crashes in the U.S. in 2020, the most since 2007, even though Americans were driving less because of COVID-19. While nobody wants to imagine it, your life can be turned completely upside down in in a second when other New Haven, MO people are not careful while they're on the road. Whether your accident resulted in injuries that will require lifelong treatment, or the reckless driver's insurance company is not being fair, Halvorsen Klote's car accidents law firm will help get you the compensation that you are owed to help you in your recovery. As an experienced and hardworking car accidents law firm in New Haven, MO, we have a reputation for our client-centered approach, and our car accidents lawyers and staff will always keep you updated as your claim progresses.
Auto Accidents Our New Haven, MO Car Accident Law Firm Takes On
Car accidents are complex|Each. The attorneys of our New Haven, MO car accidents law firm have experience with helping our clients investigate and get a financial recovery for many types of car accidents. We have gotten great compensation for our New Haven, MO clients in:
- Head-on Collisions — These can cause severely debilitating injuries, and are usually the result of drunk or reckless driving.
- Rear-end Collisions — These are incredibly common, making up 29% of accidents and usually happen in heavy traffic. They can often cause whiplash.
- T-Bone Collisions — These occur when two cars collide, forming a "T" shape at the point of impact. These can often cause devastating injuries for a passenger or driver.
- Pedestrian Collisions — Pedestrians are at high-risk when drivers are negligent because they have nowhere near the protection of vehicle occupants and because of the mass and speed of vehicles.
- Low-speed Collisions — While you might think these lead to only minor injuries, significant injuries can still happen. Low-speed collisions are common in New Haven, MO parking lots, or low-speed areas like school zones.
- Sideswipe Collisions — Also called merging collisions, these happen when someone does not pay attention to their blind spot when merging, or when a driver is distracted and veers out of their lane. As these often happen at highway speeds, they can cause significant destruction and injury.
- Single Car Accidents — These happen when a driver does not maintain control of their vehicle, and New Haven, MO weather conditions often have an effect.
- Multi-Vehicle Collisions — These are incredibly dangerous as a vehicle can be struck multiple times, and avoiding them is often next to impossible.
No matter the cause of an accident, it is often the result of negligence on the part of another motorist. Common types of negligence in car accidents include:
- Distracted Driving, such as:
- Texting while driving
- Eating while driving
- Looking at directions
- Fiddling with the radio
- Adjusting climate settings
- Being lost in thought
- Driving while drunk or on drugs
- Fatigued driving
- Reckless driving
The best way to avoid being the negligent party in an accident is to heed the rules of the road in New Haven, MO and pay attention to the road ahead at all times. If another driver caused you injuries, you need the New Haven, MO car accidents law firm of HK Law to faithfully and fiercely represent you. Our car accident lawyers will make sure you are compensated for your personal property damage, medical bills, lost wages, and pain and suffering.
Steps to Take After a Car Accident in New Haven, MO
Even being involved in a minor accident are frightening and cause sudden confusion. There are a number of things you should do directly after a car accident and before reaching out to a car accident law firm:
- Make sure everyone is safe — If the accident is minor, you should get out of the way of incoming traffic. If it is more serious, turn off the ignition and turn the hazard lights on. Then make sure to seek medical attention for anybody who has been injured. If it appears to be a more significant injury, it is best not to move the victim because they may have received an injury to their spine. Call 911 right away for emergency medical attention if somebody has been injured.
- Call the police — Even if the accident is minor, police reports are very helpful when making your claim. If the accident was caused by criminal actions, such as drunk driving or reckless driving, the police will want to arrive at the scene quickly to collect evidence and arrest the suspect.
- Gather evidence and other important information — You will want to get the at-fault driver's information. It is also helpful to take photos of the vehicles and the surrounding area for skid marks or property damage.
- Notify your insurance carrier and make a claim with the at-fault driver's insurance — Many insurance companies have stringent rules about how long after a crash you can file a claim. Not filing on time could complicate your case.
- Contact HK Law — We are one of the leading car accidents injury law firms in the New Haven, MO area. When you hire us, we will:
- Collect police and accident reports
- Collect evidence from the scene
- Go over your medical records
- Take depositions from witnesses and experts
- Work with car accident experts to determine liability
The personal injury lawyers at HK Law have experience fighting a wide variety of personal injury cases. Take a look at the links below to see what other cases we take on.
- Fatal Car Accident Lawyer
- Auto Accident Attorney
- Bike Wreck Lawyer
- What to Do After a Car Accident
- Premises Liability Attorneys
- Automobile Injury Attorney
- Motorcycle Accidents Attorney
- Lawyer for Bicycle Accident
- Pedestrian Accident Lawyer
- Injury Claim Lawyer
Car Accidents Law Firm in New Haven, MO | HK Law
When you are hurt in a car accident through no fault of your own, you need a knowledgeable and accomplished car accidents law firm like HK Law in your corner to ensure you collect the compensation you are entitled to. Too many times insurance companies want to give you less money than you are entitled to. Our persistence, attention to detail and expertise will ensure that you get a just settlement. If we cannot agree on a fair settlement, we will take your case to court. We charge no upfront fees and you will never owe us a dime unless we win your case. Call us today at 877-51-HKLAW or contact us online to find out more about how the New Haven, MO car accidents law firm of Halvorsen Klote can help you.