Car Accidents Law Firm New Haven, MO
Call 877-51-HKLAW for a Consultation and Case Review.
Car Accidents Law Firm New Haven, MO. Our team of attorneys at Halvorsen Klote are a leading car accidents law firm in New Haven, MO. When the liable parties do not want to fairly compensate you for your damages, we will be there to fight for you and help you get the compensation you deserve. If you or a loved one has been impacted by a car accident caused by someone else's careless driving, call the car accidents law firm of Halvorsen Klote at 877-51-HKLAW or contact us online.
The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration estimates that there are between five and six million car accidents nationally each year, resulting in three million injuries. 38,680 people died in motor vehicle wrecks in the U.S. in 2020, the most since 2007, despite Americans driving less during the pandemic. While nobody wants to imagine it, your life can change in in a second when other New Haven, MO people do not follow the rules of the road. Whether your accident resulted in injuries that will require lifelong treatment, or the careless driver's insurance company refuses to pay for your emergency room visit, Halvorsen Klote's car accidents law firm will help get you the compensation that you are entitled to to aid you while you recuperate. As a leading car accidents law firm in New Haven, MO, we are known for our meticulous preparation and attention to detail, and our car accidents lawyers and staff will stay in constant communication with you until the end of your case.
Common Types and Causes of Car Accidents in New Haven, MO
Car accidents are complex and every one has its own specific set of circumstances. The attorneys of our New Haven, MO car accidents law firm have experience with helping our clients collect compensation in a wide range of different auto accidents. Some of the most common kinds of car accidents in New Haven, MO are:
- Head-on collisions. These can be the among the most destructive and calamitous accidents, and usually happen because of negligent or reckless driving.
- Rear-end collisions. These accidents account for about 29% of accidents and usually take place in condensed traffic. They can regularly cause whiplash or other neck injuries.
- T-Bone collisions. These occur when a car runs into the side of another car. These can often cause severe injuries for a passenger or driver.
- Pedestrian collisions. These accidents can be incredibly dangerous as pedestrians have little to no way to protect themselves from the amount of force a vehicle can exert.
- Low-speed collisions. While damage to a vehicle is often minor in these crashes, significant injuries can still be incurred. Low-speed collisions often occur in New Haven, MO parking lots, or low-speed areas such as school zones.
- Sideswipe collisions. Also called merging collisions, these occur when someone does not heed their blind spot when merging, or when a driver is not paying attentions and swerves out of their lane. As these frequently happen at high-speeds on the highway, they can result in severe destruction and injury.
- Single car accidents. These happen when a driver does not maintain control of their vehicle, and can often be affected by New Haven, MO weather conditions. They can also be caused by drowsy or impaired driving.
- Multi-Vehicle collisions. These are especially dangerous as a car can be hit from multiple angles and directions, and they are often hard to avoid.
Whatever type of car accident you suffered injuries, property damage, or other damages from, it is sometimes the result of negligence on the part of another motorist. Instances of negligence in car accidents include:
- Distracted Driving, which can include:
- Texting while driving
- Eating while driving
- Looking at directions
- Adjusting the radio
- Changing temperature settings
- Driving while drunk or on drugs
- Drowsy or fatigued driving
- Reckless driving
The best way to avoid creating a crash yourself is to heed the laws and rules of the road in New Haven, MO and pay attention at all times. If you've been injured because of another driver's reckless actions, you need the New Haven, MO car accidents law firm of HK Law to fight on your behalf and get the recovery you're owed. Our car accident lawyers will make sure you are compensated for your personal property damage, medical bills, lost wages, and pain and suffering.
What to Do After a Car Accident in New Haven, MO
Even being involved in a minor accident can be nerve-racking and unsettling. There are a number of steps you should take directly following a car accident and before contacting a car accident law firm:
- Make sure everyone is safe. If the accident is minor, it's a good idea to pull over to the side of the road to not obstruct incoming traffic. If it is more serious, turn your car off and turn the hazard lights on. Then you need to seek medical attention for anybody who has been harmed. If it appears to be a more severe injury, it is best not to move the victim as many car accident injuries involve the neck and/or spine. Call 911 right away for emergency medical care if anyone has been injured.
- Call the police. Even if the accident is minor, a police officer will write a report that will be very useful when filing your claim. If the accident was caused by criminal actions, such as a DWI or reckless driving, the police need to arrive at the scene quickly to gather evidence and arrest the suspect.
- Gather evidence and other important information. You need to get the negligent driver's personal, contact, and insurance information. It is also important to take pictures of the vehicles and the entire scene for skid marks or property damage.
- Notify your insurance carrier and make a claim with the at-fault driver's insurance. Many insurance companies have stringent rules about how long after a crash you can file a claim. Not filing on time could complicate your case.
- Contact HK Law. We are one of the leading car accidents injury law firms in the New Haven, MO area. When you hire us, we will:
- Gather police and accident reports
- Collect evidence from the scene
- Go over your medical records
- Find and question eyewitnesses
- Work with car accident experts to determine liability
The personal injury lawyers at HK Law have experience fighting and winning a wide variety of personal injury cases. Check out the links below to see more about the services we offer.
- Injury Claim Lawyer
- Drunk Driving Accident Lawyers
- Auto Crash Attorney
- Truck Crash Lawyers
- Slip and Fall Lawyer
- Personal Injury Attorney
- Wrongful Death Lawyer
- Accident Attorney
- Injury Lawyer
Car Accidents Law Firm in New Haven, MO | HK Law
When you are hurt in a car accident because of someone else's reckless driving, you need a knowledgeable and accomplished car accidents law firm like HK Law in your corner to make sure you are awarded the compensation you deserve. Too many times insurance companies try to give you less money than you deserve. Our tenacity, attention to detail and expertise will ensure that you get a equitable settlement. If we cannot agree on a fair settlement, we will argue your case in front of a judge and jury. We charge no upfront fees and you will never owe us a penny unless we win your case. Call us today at 877-51-HKLAW or contact us online to find out more about how the New Haven, MO car accidents law firm of Halvorsen Klote can help you.