Car Accidents Law Firm Wildwood, MO
Call 877-51-HKLAW for a Consultation and Case Review.
Car Accidents Law Firm Wildwood, MO. Our team of attorneys at Halvorsen Klote are a leading car accidents law firm in Wildwood, MO. When the people who caused your injury do not want to take responsibility for their actions, we will provide you with expert legal representation and help you get the compensation you need to truly recover. If you or a loved one has been affected by a car accident caused by someone else's negligence, reach out to the car accidents law firm of Halvorsen Klote at 877-51-HKLAW or fill out our online form.
The NHTSA reports that there are approximately five to six million car accidents in the U.S. annually, which lead to 4.8 million serious injuries. 38,680 people died in car crashes in the U.S. in 2020, the most since 2007, despite Americans driving less during the pandemic. While it can be hard to imagine, your life can be upended in an instant when other Wildwood, MO people are not careful while they're on the road. Whether your accident resulted in injuries that resulted in permanent disability, or the reckless driver's insurance company refuses to pay for your emergency medical care, Halvorsen Klote's car accidents law firm will secure for you the compensation that you are entitled to to help you in your recovery. As a leading car accidents law firm in Wildwood, MO, we are known for our thorough attention to detail, and our car accidents lawyers and staff will always keep you updated as your claim progresses.
Common Types and Causes of Car Accidents in Wildwood, MO
Car accidents are complex|Each. The attorneys of our Wildwood, MO car accidents law firm have experience with helping our clients recover damages in a wide array of different auto accidents. We have gotten great compensation for our Wildwood, MO clients in:
- Head-on Collisions — These can cause severely debilitating injuries, and usually happen because of drunk or reckless driving.
- Rear-end Collisions — These make up 29% of accidents and usually happen in condensed traffic. They can often cause neck injuries.
- T-Bone Collisions — These take place when a car hits the side of another car. These can often cause serious injuries for a passenger or driver.
- Pedestrian Collisions — Pedestrians are at high-risk when drivers are negligent because they have little to no way to protect themselves from the amount of force a vehicle can apply.
- Low-speed Collisions — While you might think these lead to only minor injuries, serious injuries can still happen. Low-speed collisions are common in Wildwood, MO parking lots, or near schools and other low-speed zones.
- Sideswipe Collisions — Also called merging collisions, these happen when someone does not observe their blind spot when merging, or when a driver is distracted and veers out of their lane. As these often occur at highway speeds, they can result in severe damage and injury.
- Single Car Accidents — These happen when a driver loses control of their vehicle, and Wildwood, MO weather conditions often have an effect.
- Multi-Vehicle Collisions — These are particularly dangerous as a vehicle can be hit from multiple angles and directions, and they are often difficult to avoid.
Whatever type of car accident you suffered injuries, property damage, or other damages from, it is frequently because another motorist broke the rules. Common types of negligence in car accidents include:
- Distracted Driving, for example:
- Texting while driving
- Eating while driving
- Looking at a map
- Changing the radio
- Changing heat or AC settings
- Being lost in thought
- Drunk or otherwise impaired driving
- Driving when tired
- Reckless driving
The best method of avoiding being the negligent party in an accident is to observe the laws in Wildwood, MO and concentrate on the road ahead at all times. If another driver caused you injuries, you need the Wildwood, MO car accidents law firm of HK Law to faithfully and fiercely represent you. Our car accident lawyers will ensure your financial recovery compensates you for the full extent of how your injury has affected you.
Steps to Take After a Car Accident in Wildwood, MO
Even being involved in a minor accident can be jarring and frightening. There are a number of steps you should take immediately after a car accident and before consulting with a car accident law firm:
- Make sure everyone is safe — If there is no serious damage or injuries, it's a good idea to pull over to the side of the road. If the accident is catastrophic, turn your car off and turn the hazard lights on. Then call emergency services and render aid to anyone you are able to. If it looks like a more severe injury, it is best not to move the victim as they may have received an injury to their spine. Call 911 right away for emergency medical attention if anybody has been injured.
- Call the police — Even for minor accidents, a police officer will write a report that will be very helpful when making your claim. If the accident was caused by criminal actions, such as a DWI or reckless driving, the police need to arrive at the scene quickly to take action.
- Gather evidence and other important information — You will want to get the at-fault driver's personal, contact, and insurance information. It is also useful to take photos of the vehicles and the entire scene to show what might have caused the accident.
- Notify your insurance carrier and make a claim with the at-fault driver's insurance — Many insurance companies have strict regulations about how how much time can pass after a crash before you file a claim. Not filing on time could make your case more complicated.
- Contact HK Law — We are one of the leading car accidents injury law firms in the Wildwood, MO area. When you hire us, we will:
- Collect police and accident reports
- Obtain evidence from the scene
- Evaluate your medical records
- Find and question eyewitnesses
- Work with car accident experts to hold the negligent driver accountable
The personal injury lawyers at Halvorsen Klote have experience fighting a wide variety of injury claims. Check out the following links to see what other cases we take on.
- Fatal Car Accident Lawyer
- Auto Accident Attorney
- Bike Wreck Lawyer
- What to Do After a Car Accident
- Premises Liability Attorneys
- Automobile Injury Attorney
- Motorcycle Accidents Attorney
- Lawyer for Bicycle Accident
- Pedestrian Accident Lawyer
- Injury Claim Lawyer
Car Accidents Law Firm in Wildwood, MO | HK Law
When you are harmed in a car accident because of someone else's reckless actions, you require a skilled and accomplished car accidents law firm like HK Law in your corner to ensure you recover the compensation you deserve. Too often insurance companies want to give you less money than you are entitled to. Our persistence, attention to detail and expertise will ensure that you get a equitable settlement. If we cannot agree on a fair settlement, we will take your case to court. We charge no upfront fees and you will never owe us a penny unless we win your case. Call us today at 877-51-HKLAW or contact us online to find out more about how the Wildwood, MO car accidents law firm of Halvorsen Klote can help you.