Car Accidents Law Firm Quincy, MO
Call 877-51-HKLAW for a Consultation and Case Review.
Car Accidents Law Firm Quincy, MO. Our team of attorneys at Halvorsen Klote are a leading car accidents law firm in Quincy, MO. When the negligent parties do not want to fairly compensate you for your damages, we will be by your side to fight on your behalf and help you get the compensation you deserve. If you or a family member has been affected by a car accident caused by someone else's reckless behavior, call the car accidents law firm of Halvorsen Klote at 877-51-HKLAW or contact us online.
The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration estimates that there are between five and six million car accidents nationwide each year, which lead to three million injuries. 38,680 people died in auto wrecks in the U.S. in 2020, the highest number of fatalities since 2007, despite Americans driving less during the pandemic. While it can be hard to imagine, your life can change in one moment when other Quincy, MO drivers are not careful while they're on the road. Whether your accident led to injuries that will necessitate lifelong treatment, or the reckless driver's insurance company does not want to pay for your emergency medical care, Halvorsen Klote's car accidents law firm will help get you the compensation that you are entitled to to aid you while you recuperate. As a leading car accidents law firm in Quincy, MO, we are known for our diligent preparation and attention to detail, and our car accidents lawyers and staff will stay in constant communication with you throughout your case.
Common Types and Causes of Car Accidents in Quincy, MO
Car accidents are complex and each has its own specific set of circumstances. The attorneys of our Quincy, MO car accidents law firm have experience with helping our clients collect compensation in a wide array of different car crashes. Some of the most common types of car accidents in Quincy, MO are:
- Head-on collisions. These can be the among the most destructive and calamitous wrecks, and usually happen because of negligent or reckless driving.
- Rear-end collisions. These accidents account for about 29% of accidents and usually take place in heavy traffic. They can often lead to whiplash or other neck injuries.
- T-Bone collisions. These take place when a car runs into the side of another car. These can often cause severe injuries for a passenger or driver.
- Pedestrian collisions. These accidents can be incredibly dangerous as pedestrians have little to no protection from the amount of force a vehicle can carry.
- Low-speed collisions. While damage to a vehicle is often minor in these wrecks, serious injuries can still be incurred. Low-speed collisions often occur in Quincy, MO parking lots, or low-speed areas such as school zones.
- Sideswipe collisions. Also called merging collisions, these occur when someone does not pay attention to their blind spot when merging, or when a driver is distracted and weaves out of their lane. As these often happen at high-speeds on the highway, they can result in significant damage and injury.
- Single car accidents. These occur when a driver loses control of their vehicle, and can often be affected by Quincy, MO weather conditions. They can also be caused by drowsy or impaired driving.
- Multi-Vehicle collisions. These are especially dangerous as a car can be hit from multiple angles and directions, and they are often difficult to avoid.
Whatever type of car accident you suffered injuries, property damage, or other damages from, it is sometimes the result of negligence on the part of another driver. Instances of negligence in car accidents include:
- Distracted Driving, for example:
- Texting while driving
- Eating while driving
- Looking at directions
- Adjusting the radio
- Adjusting temperature settings
- Driving while drunk or on drugs
- Drowsy or fatigued driving
- Reckless driving
The best way to avoid creating a crash yourself is to follow the laws and rules of the road in Quincy, MO and focusing on the road in front of you at all times. If you've been injured because of another driver's thoughtless actions, you need the Quincy, MO car accidents law firm of HK Law to fight for you and get the recovery you're entitled to. Our car accident lawyers will make sure you are compensated for your personal property damage, medical bills, lost wages, and pain and suffering.
What to Do After a Car Accident in Quincy, MO
Even being involved in a minor accident can be jarring and unsettling. There are a several things you should do directly following a car accident and before contacting a car accident law firm:
- Make sure everyone is safe. If the accident is minor, you should pull over to the side of the road to get out of the way of incoming traffic. If it is more severe, turn your car off and turn the hazard lights on. Then make sure to seek medical attention for anybody who has been harmed. If it looks like a more severe injury, it is best not to move the victim as many car accident injuries involve the neck and/or spine. Call 911 right away for emergency medical care if somebody has been injured.
- Call the police. Even if the accident is not serious, a police officer will write a report that will be very helpful when making your claim. If the accident was caused by criminal actions, such as a DWI or reckless driving, the police need to be on the scene quickly to gather evidence and arrest the suspect.
- Collect evidence and other important information. You ought to get the negligent driver's personal, contact, and insurance information. It is also important to take pictures of the vehicles and the entire scene for skid marks or property damage.
- Notify your insurance carrier and make a claim with the at-fault driver's insurance. Many insurance companies have strict rules about how long after a crash you can file a claim. Not filing on time could make your case more complicated.
- Contact HK Law. We are one of the best car accidents injury law firms in the Quincy, MO area. When you hire us, we will:
- Collect police and accident reports
- Gather evidence from the scene
- Review your medical records
- Find and get statements from eyewitnesses
- Work with car accident experts to determine fault
The personal injury lawyers at HK Law have experience fighting and winning a wide variety of personal injury cases. Check out the links below to see more about the services we offer.
- Injury Claim Lawyer
- Drunk Driving Accident Lawyers
- Auto Crash Attorney
- Truck Crash Lawyers
- Slip and Fall Lawyer
- Personal Injury Attorney
- Wrongful Death Lawyer
- Accident Attorney
- Injury Lawyer
Car Accidents Law Firm in Quincy, MO | HK Law
When you are injured in a car accident because of someone else's negligent actions, you need a knowledgeable and accomplished car accidents law firm like HK Law by your side to make sure you collect the compensation you are entitled to. Too many times insurance companies want to give you less money than you are entitled to. Our persistence, attention to detail and savvy will ensure that you get a just settlement. If a fair settlement cannot be reached, we will argue your case in front of a judge and jury. We charge no upfront fees and you will never pay us a dime unless we win your case. Call us today at 877-51-HKLAW or contact us online to find out more about how the Quincy, MO car accidents law firm of Halvorsen Klote can help you.