Car Accidents Law Firm Collinsville, IL
Call 877-51-HKLAW for a Consultation and Case Review.
Car Accidents Law Firm Collinsville, IL. Our attorneys at Halvorsen Klote are a leading car accidents law firm in Collinsville, IL. When the liable parties do not want to take responsibility for their actions, we will be by your side to fight for you and help you get the compensation you need to truly recover. If you or someone you care about has been injured in a car accident caused by someone else's careless driving, get in touch with the car accidents law firm of Halvorsen Klote at 877-51-HKLAW or contact us online.
The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration estimates that there are between five to six million car accidents in the United States annually, resulting in three million injuries. there were 38,600 fatalities in auto crashes in the U.S. in 2020, the highest number of fatalities since 2007, even though Americans were driving less because of COVID-19. While we don't think about it, your life can be upended in the blink of an eye when other Collinsville, IL people are not careful while they're on the road. Whether your accident resulted in injuries that resulted in permanent disability, or the negligent driver's insurance company does not want to fairly compensate you, Halvorsen Klote's car accidents law firm will help get you the compensation that you are owed to aid you in your recovery. As an experienced and hardworking car accidents law firm in Collinsville, IL, we are known for our thorough attention to detail, and our car accidents lawyers and paralegals will always keep you updated as your claim progresses.
Auto Accidents Our Collinsville, IL Car Accident Law Firm Takes On
Car accidents are complicated|Each. The attorneys of our Collinsville, IL car accidents law firm know how to recover damages in a variety of different motor vehicle crashes. We have gotten great compensation for our Collinsville, IL clients in:
- Head-on Collisions — These can cause severely debilitating injuries, and are usually caused by drunk or reckless driving.
- Rear-end Collisions — These are incredibly common, making up almost a third of accidents and usually happen in condensed traffic. They can often result in neck injuries.
- T-Bone Collisions — These occur when a car hits the side of another car. These can often cause severe injuries for a passenger or driver.
- Pedestrian Collisions — Pedestrians are at high-risk when drivers are negligent because they have nowhere near the protection of vehicle occupants and because of force a vehicle can apply.
- Low-speed Collisions — While damage to a vehicle is often minimal in these wrecks, serious injuries can still happen. Low-speed collisions are common in Collinsville, IL parking lots, or near schools and other low-speed zones.
- Sideswipe Collisions — Also called merging collisions, these happen when someone does not pay attention to their blind spot when merging, or when a driver is distracted and veers out of their lane. As these regularly occur at highway speeds, they can cause significant damage and injury.
- Single Car Accidents — These occur when a driver does not maintain control of their vehicle, and can often be affected by Collinsville, IL weather conditions.
- Multi-Vehicle Collisions — These are incredibly dangerous as a vehicle can be struck multiple times, and they are often hard to avoid.
No matter the cause of an accident, it is frequently because another motorist broke the rules. Examples of negligence in car accidents include:
- Distracted Driving, which can include:
- Texting while driving
- Eating while driving
- Looking at a map
- Changing the radio
- Adjusting climate settings
- Drunk or otherwise impaired driving
- Driving when tired
- Reckless driving
The best method of avoiding being the negligent party in an accident is to observe the rules of the road in Collinsville, IL and be cognizant of your surroundings at all times. If you've been injured because of another driver's reckless driving, you need the Collinsville, IL car accidents law firm of HK Law to faithfully and fiercely represent you. Our car accident lawyers will make sure your financial recovery compensates you for the full extent of how your injury has affected you.
Steps to Take After a Car Accident in Collinsville, IL
Even minor accidents are scary and cause sudden confusion. There are a number of steps you should take when involved in an accident and before contacting a car accident law firm:
- Make sure everyone is safe — If the accident is minor, it's a good idea to pull over to the side of the road. If it is more significant, turn your car off and turn the hazard lights on. Then you need to seek medical attention for anybody who has been harmed. If it looks like a more serious injury, leave the victim still because they may have received an injury to their spine. Call 911 immediately for emergency medical attention if someone has been injured.
- Call the police — Even for minor accidents, police reports are very useful when proving liability. If the accident was caused by a crime, such as a DWI or reckless driving, the police need to be on the scene quickly to collect evidence and arrest the suspect.
- Collect evidence and other important information — You will want to get the negligent driver's information. It is also useful to take photographs of the vehicles and the surrounding area to show what might have caused the accident.
- File an insurance claim — Many insurance companies have strict rules about how how much time can pass after an accident before you file a claim. Not filing on time could make your case more complex.
- Contact HK Law — We are one of the best car accidents injury law firms in the Collinsville, IL area. When you hire us, we will:
- Collect police and accident reports
- Obtain evidence from the scene
- Review your medical records
- Find and question eyewitnesses
- Work with car accident experts to hold the negligent driver accountable
The personal injury lawyers at HK Law have experience winning a wide variety of injury claims. Take a look at the links below to see what other cases we take on.
- Fatal Car Accident Lawyer
- Auto Accident Attorney
- Bike Wreck Lawyer
- What to Do After a Car Accident
- Premises Liability Attorneys
- Automobile Injury Attorney
- Motorcycle Accidents Attorney
- Lawyer for Bicycle Accident
- Pedestrian Accident Lawyer
- Injury Claim Lawyer
Car Accidents Law Firm in Collinsville, IL | HK Law
When you are injured in a car accident through no fault of your own, you require a skilled and experienced car accidents law firm like HK Law in your corner to ensure you are awarded the compensation you deserve. Too many times insurance companies attempt to give you less money than you deserve. Our tenacity, attention to detail and savvy will ensure that you get a just settlement. If a fair settlement cannot be reached, we will take your case to court. We charge no upfront fees and you will never owe us a dime unless we win your case. Call us today at 877-51-HKLAW or contact us online to find out more about how the Collinsville, IL car accidents law firm of Halvorsen Klote can help you.