Car Accidents Law Firm Hannibal, MO
Call 877-51-HKLAW for a Consultation and Case Review.
Car Accidents Law Firm Hannibal, MO. Our team of lawyers at Halvorsen Klote are a leading car accidents law firm in Hannibal, MO. When the negligent parties do not want to equitably compensate you for your injuries, we will be by your side to fight on your behalf and help you get the compensation you deserve. If you or a loved one has been injured in a car accident caused by someone else's negligence, call the car accidents law firm of Halvorsen Klote at 877-51-HKLAW or contact us online.
The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration estimates that there are between five and six million car accidents in the United States each year, resulting in three million injuries. 38,680 people died in motor vehicle accidents in the U.S. in 2020, the highest number of fatalities since 2007, despite Americans driving less during the pandemic. While nobody wants to imagine it, your life can change in in a second when other Hannibal, MO people do not follow the rules of the road. Whether your accident caused injuries that will require lifelong treatment, or the negligent driver's insurance company is declining to pay for your emergency room visit, Halvorsen Klote's car accidents law firm will help get you the compensation that you are owed to help you while you heal. As a leading car accidents law firm in Hannibal, MO, we are known for our diligent preparation and attention to detail, and our car accidents lawyers and staff will remain in constant communication with you until the end of your case.
Common Types and Causes of Car Accidents in Hannibal, MO
Car accidents are complex and each has its own specific set of circumstances. The attorneys of our Hannibal, MO car accidents law firm have experience with helping our clients receive compensation in a wide array of different motor vehicle crashes. Some of the most common kinds of car accidents in Hannibal, MO are:
- Head-on collisions. These can be the among the most destructive and catastrophic crashes, and are usually the result of negligent or reckless driving.
- Rear-end collisions. These accidents account for about 29% of accidents and usually happen in heavy traffic. They can frequently cause whiplash or other neck injuries.
- T-Bone collisions. These take place when a car hits the side of another car. These can often cause devastating injuries for a passenger or driver.
- Pedestrian collisions. These collisions can be incredibly dangerous as pedestrians have little to no protection from the amount of force a vehicle can carry.
- Low-speed collisions. While damage to a vehicle is often minimal in these accidents, severe injuries can still happen. Low-speed collisions often take place in Hannibal, MO parking lots, or low-speed areas such as school zones.
- Sideswipe collisions. Also called merging collisions, these occur when someone does not heed their blind spot when merging, or when a driver is not paying attentions and veers out of their lane. As these frequently occur at high-speeds on the highway, they can result in serious damage and injury.
- Single car accidents. These occur when a driver loses control of their vehicle, and can often be affected by Hannibal, MO weather conditions. They can also be caused by drowsy or impaired driving.
- Multi-Vehicle collisions. These are especially dangerous as a car can be hit from multiple angles and directions, and they are often difficult to avoid.
Whatever type of car accident you suffered injuries, property damage, or other damages from, it is sometimes the result of negligence on the part of another motorist. Cases of negligence in car accidents include:
- Distracted Driving, which can include:
- Texting while driving
- Eating while driving
- Looking at directions
- Changing the radio
- Adjusting heat or AC settings
- Driving while drunk or on drugs
- Drowsy or fatigued driving
- Reckless driving
The best way to avoid creating a wreck yourself is to heed the laws and rules of the road in Hannibal, MO and concentrating on the road ahead at all times. If you've been injured because of another driver's reckless driving, you need the Hannibal, MO car accidents law firm of HK Law to fight by your side and get the recovery you're owed. Our car accident lawyers will make sure you are compensated for your personal property damage, medical bills, lost wages, and pain and suffering.
What to Do After a Car Accident in Hannibal, MO
Even being involved in a minor accident can be nerve-racking and frightening. There are a number of things you should do directly following a car accident and before contacting a car accident law firm:
- Make sure everyone is safe. If the accident is minor, it's a good idea to pull over to the side of the road to not obstruct incoming traffic. If it is more severe, turn your car off and turn the hazard lights on. Then make sure to seek medical attention for anybody who has been injured. If it looks like a more significant injury, it is best not to move the victim as many car accident injuries involve the neck and/or spine. Call 911 right away for emergency medical care if someone has been injured.
- Call the police. Even if the accident is not serious, a police officer will write a report that will be very helpful when filing your claim. If the accident was caused by a crime, such as a DWI or reckless driving, the police will want to arrive at the scene quickly to collect evidence and arrest the suspect.
- Collect evidence and other important information. You will want to get the at-fault driver's personal, contact, and insurance information. It is also helpful to take pictures of the vehicles and the surrounding area for skid marks or property damage.
- Notify your insurance carrier and make a claim with the at-fault driver's insurance. Many insurance companies have stringent rules about how how much time can pass after a crash before you file a claim. Not filing on time could make your case more complex.
- Contact HK Law. We are one of the best car accidents injury law firms in the Hannibal, MO area. When you hire us, we will:
- Obtain police and accident reports
- Collect evidence from the scene
- Review your medical records
- Find and get statements from eyewitnesses
- Work with car accident experts to determine fault
The personal injury lawyers at HK Law have experience fighting and winning a wide variety of personal injury cases. Check out the links below to see more about the services we offer.
- Injury Claim Lawyer
- Drunk Driving Accident Lawyers
- Auto Crash Attorney
- Truck Crash Lawyers
- Slip and Fall Lawyer
- Personal Injury Attorney
- Wrongful Death Lawyer
- Accident Attorney
- Injury Lawyer
Car Accidents Law Firm in Hannibal, MO | HK Law
When you are injured in a car accident through no fault of your own, you need a talented and experienced car accidents law firm like HK Law by your side to ensure you are awarded the compensation you deserve. Too many times insurance companies attempt to give you less money than you are entitled to. Our work ethic, attention to detail and expertise will ensure that you get a equitable settlement. If we cannot agree on a fair settlement, we will argue your case in front of a judge and jury. We charge no upfront fees and you will never pay us a dime unless we win your case. Call us today at 877-51-HKLAW or contact us online to find out more about how the Hannibal, MO car accidents law firm of Halvorsen Klote can help you.