Car Accidents Law Firm Hannibal, MO
Call 877-51-HKLAW for a Consultation and Case Review.
Car Accidents Law Firm Hannibal, MO. Our team of lawyers at Halvorsen Klote are a leading car accidents law firm in Hannibal, MO. When the liable parties do not want to take responsibility for their actions, we will provide you with expert legal representation and help you get the financial recovery you need to truly recover. If you or someone you care about has been affected by a car accident through no fault of your own, get in touch with the car accidents law firm of Halvorsen Klote at 877-51-HKLAW or contact us online.
The NHTSA reports that there are approximately five to six million car accidents nationwide annually, which lead to three million injuries. 38,680 people died in motor vehicle wrecks in the U.S. in 2020, the highest number of fatalities since 2007, even though Americans were driving less because of COVID-19. While nobody wants to imagine it, your life can be upended in the blink of an eye when other Hannibal, MO people do not obey the rules of the road. Whether your accident resulted in injuries that resulted in permanent disability, or the careless driver's insurance company is not being fair, Halvorsen Klote's car accidents law firm will help get you the compensation that you are owed to help you in your recovery. As an experienced and hardworking car accidents law firm in Hannibal, MO, we have a reputation for our client-centered approach, and our car accidents lawyers and paralegals will always keep you updated as your claim progresses.
Common Types and Causes of Car Accidents in Hannibal, MO
Car accidents are complex|Each. The attorneys of our Hannibal, MO car accidents law firm have experience with helping our clients investigate and get a financial recovery for many types of car accidents. We have gotten great compensation for our Hannibal, MO clients in:
- Head-on Collisions — These can cause severely debilitating injuries, and usually happen because of someone driving on the wrong side of the road because they were drunk or distracted.
- Rear-end Collisions — These are incredibly common, making up almost a third of accidents and usually occur in condensed traffic. They can often lead to neck injuries.
- T-Bone Collisions — These occur when a car runs into the side of another car. Passengers are often the injury victims in these crashes.
- Pedestrian Collisions — These collisions can be especially dangerous as pedestrians have nowhere near the protection of vehicle occupants and because of the mass and speed of vehicles.
- Low-speed Collisions — While you might think these lead to only minor injuries, significant injuries can still happen. Low-speed collisions often occur in Hannibal, MO parking lots, or low-speed areas like school zones.
- Sideswipe Collisions — Also called merging collisions, these happen when someone does not heed their blind spot when merging, or when a driver is not paying attentions and swerves out of their lane. As these consistently occur at highway speeds, they can result in severe devastation and injury.
- Single Car Accidents — These happen when a driver loses control of their vehicle, and can often be affected by Hannibal, MO weather conditions.
- Multi-Vehicle Collisions — These are incredibly dangerous as a car can be hit multiple times, and they are often hard to avoid.
Whatever type of car accident you suffered injuries, property damage, or other damages from, it is frequently because another motorist broke the rules. Common types of negligence in car accidents include:
- Distracted Driving, which can include:
- Texting while driving
- Eating while driving
- Looking at directions
- Adjusting the radio
- Changing heat or AC settings
- Being lost in thought
- Driving while drunk or on drugs
- Drowsy driving
- Reckless driving
The best method of avoiding causing an accident yourself is to observe the rules of the road in Hannibal, MO and be cognizant of your surroundings at all times. If you've been injured because of another driver's reckless driving, you need the Hannibal, MO car accidents law firm of HK Law to faithfully and fiercely represent you. Our car accident lawyers will ensure your financial recovery compensates you for the financial, physical and emotional effects of your injury.
Steps to Take After a Car Accident in Hannibal, MO
Even being involved in a minor accident can be jarring and scary. There are a several things you should do directly after a car accident and before contacting a car accident law firm:
- Make sure everyone is safe — If the accident is minor, you should pull over to the side of the road. If it is more severe, turn off the ignition and turn the hazard lights on. Then make sure to seek medical attention for anybody who has been injured. If it looks like a more serious injury, it is best not to move the victim as many car accident injuries involve the neck and/or spine. Call 911 right away for emergency medical care if someone has been injured.
- Call the police — Even if the accident is not serious, a police officer will write a report that will be very useful when filing your claim. If the accident was caused by a crime, such as drunk driving or excessive speeding, the police need to arrive at the scene quickly to collect evidence and arrest the suspect.
- Gather evidence and other important information — You will want to get the negligent driver's personal, contact, and insurance information. It is also helpful to take pictures of the vehicles and the entire scene for skid marks or property damage.
- Notify your insurance carrier and make a claim with the at-fault driver's insurance — Many insurance companies have stringent rules about how long after a crash you can file a claim. Not filing on time could make your case more complicated.
- Contact HK Law — We are one of the best car accidents injury law firms in the Hannibal, MO area. When you hire us, we will:
- Gather police and accident reports
- Obtain evidence from the scene
- Review your medical records
- Find and get statements from eyewitnesses
- Work with crash to determine fault
The personal injury lawyers at HK Law have experience fighting a wide variety of injury claims. Check out the following links to see more about the services we offer.
- Bike Wreck Lawyer
- What to Do After a Car Accident
- Premises Liability Attorneys
- Automobile Injury Attorney
- Motorcycle Accidents Attorney
- Lawyer for Bicycle Accident
- Pedestrian Accident Lawyer
- Injury Claim Lawyer
- Drunk Driving Accident Lawyers
- Auto Crash Attorney
Car Accidents Law Firm in Hannibal, MO | HK Law
When you are hurt in a car accident because of someone else's reckless driving, you require a talented and experienced car accidents law firm like HK Law in your corner to make sure you collect the compensation you are owed. Too often insurance companies attempt to give you less money than you are entitled to. Our determination, attention to detail and savvy will ensure that you get a equitable settlement. If we cannot agree on a fair settlement, we will take your case to court. We charge no upfront fees and you will never pay us anything unless we win your case. Call us today at 877-51-HKLAW or contact us online to find out more about how the Hannibal, MO car accidents law firm of Halvorsen Klote can help you.
Attorney at Law
Joel Halvorsen and his partner Greg Klote founded the Halvorsen Klote law firm on the principle that injured people and their families should have access to the same quality legal representation as large insurance companies.
Attorney at Law
Greg Klote is a partner and founder of Halvorsen Klote.
Greg has successfully fought for people who were injured through no fault of their own. He became a lawyer to help make a difference in the lives of those who have been wronged and treated unfairly.