Car Accidents Law Firm St. Charles, MO
Call 877-51-HKLAW for a Consultation and Case Review.
Car Accidents Law Firm St. Charles, MO. Our team of attorneys at Halvorsen Klote are a leading car accidents law firm in St. Charles, MO. When the liable parties do not want to equitably compensate you for your injuries, we will be by your side to fight on your behalf and help you get the compensation you are owed. If you or someone you care about has been impacted by a car accident caused by someone else's careless driving, call the car accidents law firm of Halvorsen Klote at 877-51-HKLAW or contact us online.
The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration estimates that there are between five and six million car accidents in the U.S. each year, resulting in three million injuries. 38,680 people died in auto wrecks in the U.S. in 2020, the highest number of fatalities since 2007, in spite of the fact that Americans were driving less during the pandemic. While it can be hard to imagine, your life can change in the blink of an eye when other St. Charles, MO drivers do not follow the rules of the road. Whether your accident led to injuries that will require lifelong treatment, or the negligent driver's insurance company refuses to pay for your emergency medical care, Halvorsen Klote's car accidents law firm will help get you the compensation that you are entitled to to aid you while you heal. As a leading car accidents law firm in St. Charles, MO, we are known for our meticulous preparation and attention to detail, and our car accidents lawyers and staff will remain in constant communication with you until the end of your case.
Common Types and Causes of Car Accidents in St. Charles, MO
Car accidents are complicated and every one has its own specific set of circumstances. The attorneys of our St. Charles, MO car accidents law firm have experience with helping our clients recover compensation in a wide range of different car wrecks. Some of the most common kinds of car accidents in St. Charles, MO are:
- Head-on collisions. These can be the among the most destructive and calamitous wrecks, and are usually caused by negligent or reckless driving.
- Rear-end collisions. These accidents account for about 29% of accidents and usually occur in condensed traffic. They can often cause whiplash or other neck injuries.
- T-Bone collisions. These take place when a car hits the side of another car. These can often cause serious injuries for a passenger or driver.
- Pedestrian collisions. These collisions can be especially dangerous as pedestrians have little to no way to protect themselves from the amount of force a vehicle can carry.
- Low-speed collisions. While damage to a vehicle is often minimal in these wrecks, severe injuries can still be incurred. Low-speed collisions often happen in St. Charles, MO parking lots, or low-speed areas such as school zones.
- Sideswipe collisions. Also called merging collisions, these occur when someone does not pay attention to their blind spot when merging, or when a driver is distracted and weaves out of their lane. As these frequently occur at high-speeds on the highway, they can cause significant devastation and injury.
- Single car accidents. These occur when a driver does not maintain control of their vehicle, and can often be affected by St. Charles, MO weather conditions. They can also be caused by drowsy or impaired driving.
- Multi-Vehicle collisions. These are particularly dangerous as a car can be hit from multiple angles and directions, and they are often hard to avoid.
Whatever type of car accident you suffered injuries, property damage, or other damages from, it is sometimes because of negligence on the part of another person. Examples of negligence in car accidents include:
- Distracted Driving, which can include:
- Texting while driving
- Eating while driving
- Looking at directions
- Adjusting the radio
- Changing climate settings
- Driving while drunk or on drugs
- Drowsy or fatigued driving
- Reckless driving
The best way to avoid creating an accident yourself is to obey the laws and rules of the road in St. Charles, MO and focusing on the road in front of you at all times. If you've been injured because of another driver's careless driving, you need the St. Charles, MO car accidents law firm of HK Law to fight on your behalf and get the compensation you're entitled to. Our car accident lawyers will make sure you are compensated for your personal property damage, medical bills, lost wages, and pain and suffering.
What to Do After a Car Accident in St. Charles, MO
Even being involved in a minor accident can be jarring and frightening. There are a several things you should do immediately after a car accident and before contacting a car accident law firm:
- Make sure everyone is safe. If the accident is minor, you should pull over to the side of the road to get out of the way of incoming traffic. If it is more significant, turn your car off and turn the hazard lights on. Then you need to seek medical attention for anybody who has been hurt. If it looks like a more severe injury, it is best not to move the victim as many car accident injuries involve the neck and/or spine. Call 911 right away for emergency medical attention if someone has been injured.
- Call the police. Even if the accident is not serious, a police officer will write a report that will be very helpful when filing your claim. If the accident was caused by criminal actions, such as a DWI or reckless driving, the police will want to be on the scene quickly to collect evidence and arrest the suspect.
- Collect evidence and other important information. You will want to get the at-fault driver's personal, contact, and insurance information. It is also useful to take photographs of the vehicles and the surrounding area for skid marks or property damage.
- Notify your insurance carrier and make a claim with the at-fault driver's insurance. Many insurance companies have stringent rules about how long after an accident you can file a claim. Not filing on time could make your case more difficult.
- Contact HK Law. We are one of the leading car accidents injury law firms in the St. Charles, MO area. When you hire us, we will:
- Gather police and accident reports
- Acquire evidence from the scene
- Go over your medical records
- Find and get statements from eyewitnesses
- Work with car accident experts to determine liability
The personal injury lawyers at HK Law have experience fighting and winning a wide variety of personal injury cases. Check out the links below to see more about the services we offer.
- Injury Claim Lawyer
- Drunk Driving Accident Lawyers
- Auto Crash Attorney
- Truck Crash Lawyers
- Slip and Fall Lawyer
- Personal Injury Attorney
- Wrongful Death Lawyer
- Accident Attorney
- Injury Lawyer
Car Accidents Law Firm in St. Charles, MO | HK Law
When you are injured in a car accident because of someone else's reckless driving, you need a talented and experienced car accidents law firm like HK Law in your corner to ensure you receive the compensation you are owed. Too many times insurance companies want to give you less money than you deserve. Our determination, attention to detail and expertise will ensure that you get a equitable settlement. If we cannot agree on a fair settlement, we will take your case to court. We charge no upfront fees and you will never owe us anything unless we win your case. Call us today at 877-51-HKLAW or contact us online to find out more about how the St. Charles, MO car accidents law firm of Halvorsen Klote can help you.