Car Accidents Law Firm Ellisville, MO
Call 877-51-HKLAW for a Consultation and Case Review.
Car Accidents Law Firm Ellisville, MO. Our team of attorneys at Halvorsen Klote are a leading car accidents law firm in Ellisville, MO. When the at-fault parties do not want to equitably compensate you for your damages, we will be there to fight on your behalf and help you get the compensation you deserve. If you or a family member has been impacted by a car accident caused by someone else's negligence, call the car accidents law firm of Halvorsen Klote at 877-51-HKLAW or contact us online.
The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration estimates that there are between five and six million car accidents nationwide each year, which lead to three million injuries. 38,680 people died in car crashes in the U.S. in 2020, the highest number of fatalities since 2007, despite Americans driving less during the pandemic. While it can be hard to imagine, your life can change in the blink of an eye when other Ellisville, MO drivers do not follow the rules of the road. Whether your accident resulted in injuries that will require lifelong treatment, or the negligent driver's insurance company refuses to pay for your emergency medical care, Halvorsen Klote's car accidents law firm will help get you the compensation that you deserve to aid you while you recuperate. As a leading car accidents law firm in Ellisville, MO, we are known for our meticulous preparation and attention to detail, and our car accidents lawyers and staff will keep in constant communication with you until the end of your case.
Common Types and Causes of Car Accidents in Ellisville, MO
Car accidents are complicated and each has its own specific set of circumstances. The attorneys of our Ellisville, MO car accidents law firm have experience with helping our clients receive compensation in a wide array of different auto accidents. Some of the most common sorts of car accidents in Ellisville, MO are:
- Head-on collisions. These can be the among the most devastating and calamitous crashes, and usually happen because of negligent or reckless driving.
- Rear-end collisions. These accidents account for about 29% of accidents and usually take place in heavy traffic. They can regularly cause whiplash or other neck injuries.
- T-Bone collisions. These happen when a car runs into the side of another car. These can often cause severe injuries for a passenger or driver.
- Pedestrian collisions. These collisions can be incredibly dangerous as pedestrians have little to no way to protect themselves from the amount of force a vehicle can exert.
- Low-speed collisions. While damage to a vehicle is often minimal in these collisions, serious injuries can still happen. Low-speed collisions often take place in Ellisville, MO parking lots, or low-speed areas such as school zones.
- Sideswipe collisions. Also called merging collisions, these occur when someone does not heed their blind spot when merging, or when a driver is distracted and veers out of their lane. As these consistently happen at high-speeds on the highway, they can result in serious devastation and injury.
- Single car accidents. These occur when a driver does not maintain control of their vehicle, and Ellisville, MO weather conditions often have an effect. They can also be caused by drowsy or impaired driving.
- Multi-Vehicle collisions. These are incredibly dangerous as a car can be hit from multiple angles and directions, and they are often hard to avoid.
Whatever type of car accident you suffered injuries, property damage, or other damages from, it is often the result of negligence on the part of another person. Examples of negligence in car accidents include:
- Distracted Driving, such as:
- Texting while driving
- Eating while driving
- Looking at directions
- Adjusting the radio
- Changing climate settings
- Driving while drunk or on drugs
- Drowsy or fatigued driving
- Reckless driving
The best way to avoid causing a wreck yourself is to heed the laws and rules of the road in Ellisville, MO and concentrating on the road ahead at all times. If you've been injured because of another driver's careless actions, you need the Ellisville, MO car accidents law firm of HK Law to fight on your behalf and get the recovery you're owed. Our car accident lawyers will make sure you are compensated for your personal property damage, medical bills, lost wages, and pain and suffering.
What to Do After a Car Accident in Ellisville, MO
Even being involved in a minor accident can be jarring and scary. There are a several things you should do immediately after a car accident and before contacting a car accident law firm:
- Make sure everyone is safe. If the accident is minor, it's a good idea to pull over to the side of the road to get out of the way of incoming traffic. If it is more serious, turn your car off and turn the hazard lights on. Then you need to seek medical attention for anybody who has been hurt. If it appears to be a more severe injury, it is best not to move the victim as many car accident injuries involve the neck and/or spine. Call 911 right away for emergency medical attention if someone has been injured.
- Call the police. Even if the accident is not serious, a police officer will write a report that will be very helpful when making your claim. If the accident was caused by criminal actions, such as a DWI or reckless driving, the police will want to be on the scene quickly to gather evidence and arrest the suspect.
- Gather evidence and other important information. You need to get the negligent driver's personal, contact, and insurance information. It is also helpful to take photographs of the vehicles and the entire scene for skid marks or property damage.
- Notify your insurance carrier and make a claim with the at-fault driver's insurance. Many insurance companies have strict regulations about how how much time can pass after a crash before you file a claim. Not filing on time could make your case more difficult.
- Contact HK Law. We are one of the leading car accidents injury law firms in the Ellisville, MO area. When you hire us, we will:
- Acquire police and accident reports
- Obtain evidence from the scene
- Review your medical records
- Find and question eyewitnesses
- Work with car accident experts to determine liability
The personal injury lawyers at HK Law have experience fighting and winning a wide variety of personal injury cases. Check out the links below to see more about the services we offer.
- Injury Claim Lawyer
- Drunk Driving Accident Lawyers
- Auto Crash Attorney
- Truck Crash Lawyers
- Slip and Fall Lawyer
- Personal Injury Attorney
- Wrongful Death Lawyer
- Accident Attorney
- Injury Lawyer
Car Accidents Law Firm in Ellisville, MO | HK Law
When you are hurt in a car accident through no fault of your own, you need a knowledgeable and experienced car accidents law firm like HK Law in your corner to make sure you recover the compensation you deserve. Too often insurance companies try to give you less money than you are entitled to. Our determination, attention to detail and expertise will ensure that you get a equitable settlement. If we cannot agree on a fair settlement, we will argue your case in front of a judge and jury. We charge no upfront fees and you will never owe us anything unless we win your case. Call us today at 877-51-HKLAW or contact us online to find out more about how the Ellisville, MO car accidents law firm of Halvorsen Klote can help you.