Injury Attorney in Arnold, MO
St. Louis and Southern Illinois Personal Injury Lawyers
Call 866-382-4167 for a Complimentary Consultation | St. Louis Injury Attorneys
Injury Attorney in Arnold, MO. Halvorsen Klote serves victims and their families in Metro St. Louis and Southern Illinois. Our firm knows that a serious injury can create repercussions for a family or individual's personal and economic situation. Halvorsen Klote's Arnold, MO injury attorneys help victims and their families get the compensation they deserve after a tragic accident.
If you are injured in a car accident or truck accident, via medical malpractice, lost a loved one in a wrongful death, were hurt on the job or because of a defective product, Halvorsen Klote's injury attorneys will stand by your side. Halvorsen Kote supports survivors and injury victims recover any damages they may be owed after an accident. This can include pain and suffering, medical expenses, lost wages, and other losses that we'll discuss in this article. Contact our today for a case review and consultation. We don't get paid unless you win.
How Can an Injury Attorney in Arnold, MO Help Me?
An injury attorney will handle all the legal aspects of your case while you spend your energy on healing. When you hire a Halvorsen Klote Arnold, MO injury attorney, we will:
- Make a complete investigation into your accident, gather all relevant evidence and come up with a legal strategy to prove negligence
- Reliably calculate how much your injuries are worth
- Make a settlement demand to the insurance adjuster
- Negotiate with the insurance adjuster, including using alternative dispute resolution techniques like mediation if we have to
- File a lawsuit in court if the insurance company won't be fair in negotiation
- Take the fight to trial if we have to
- Keep you up to date on the status of your claim
- Offer you peace of mind and dispel any doubts you may have about the process
You were injured through no fault of your own, but we are here to fight for your financial recovery. Speak to an injury attorney at Halvorsen Klote today at 866-382-4167 to start on the path to being made whole again.
Below are some helpful links and legal FAQs from your Arnold, MO injury attorney team at Halvorsen Klote:
- How Much Is My Personal Injury Claim Worth?
- If an Insurance Company Pays for Property Damage, Do I Still Need an Attorney for my Injuries Claim?
- Why Do I Need a Lawyer?
- How Long Does it Take to Get a Settlement?
- Will My Personal Injury Claim Go to Court?
- Who Is Liable in a Car Accident?
- Do I Need a Lawyer if I'm in a Car Accident?
- Can I Sue if I Was Partially At Fault?
- Is There a Time Limit to File a Lawsuit?
Common Injury Claims in Arnold, MO
The personal injury attorneys at Halvorsen Klote have managed countless cases for victims in the Arnold, MO area. Below are a few of the most common types of injury cases our firm comes up against:
- Motor Vehicle Accidents — Auto accidents account for about 1.9 million injuries each year (and about 30,000 fatalities). Auto accidents are often caused by speeding, distracted driving, drunk driving and poorly designed roadways.
- Premises Liability — These claims typically involve dog bites, defective "conditions," fires, chemical leaks, slips and falls, ice and other hazards that can cause injuries on another person's premises.
- Workplace Accidents — Based on data from the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics, in 2021 there were 2,607,900 recorded injury or illness cases in the workplace, and over 5,000 work-related fatalities. Accidents on the job can range from repetitive trauma to losing a limb. It is important to contact a knowledgeable workers' compensation attorney if you've been injured on the job.
- Product Liability — Products that malfunction can cause devastating injuries. There may be manufacturing defects, poorly issued warning labels or instructions, and even design errors that lead to injuries. In the U.S. in 2021, almost 12 million people went to the emergency room for injuries related to consumer products. Defective products can include motor vehicle componenets, children's toys and other everyday items.
- Medical Malpractice — Another common type of injury case, medical malpractice is often related to surgical error, misdiagnosis, prescription errors and birth injuries.
A death or serious injury can cause emotional and financial hardships to family members. The causes to bring an injury case vary greatly. Halvorsen Klote's injury attorney team in Arnold, MO are here to help no matter what your situation is. We are here to get you the compensation you are owed.
Tips for Hiring an Injury Attorney in Arnold, MO
There are a few things you should look for before you hire an attorney to represent your case. Below are a few questions to get you started:
- What kind of clients do you work with? You need to know if you are putting your case in the hands of the right kind of firm (size, experience, etc.) to manage your case.
- Do you have experience with my type of injury claim? Have they handled cases like yours before? Were they able to get a fair recovery for their clients?
- What do you think the value of my claim is? A skilled Arnold, MO injury attorney will be honest about how much they think your claim is worth, and why. If they mention too little or too much, be wary.
- How much does your firm charge? Lawyer fees are a big concern. At Halvorsen Klote, we charge on a contingency basis (you pay nothing upfront and you agree to pay us a portion of your final compensation). We charge no fees unless you get the compensation you are owed.
What Compensation Can I Recover For My Injuries in Arnold, MO?
The value of your claim depends on the severity of your injuries, whether you are partially at fault for your injuries and the skill of your Arnold, MO injury attorney. Generally speaking, the type of compensation you receive will fall into one of two types of damages: economic losses and noneconomic losses.
Economic damages compensate you for the bills and expenses your injuries cause. An experienced injury attorney will help you receive full compensation for:
- Lost wages
- Lost or reduced earning potential
- Medical expenses, for example
- Emergency room visits
- Surgeries and doctors appointments
- Physical rehabilitation
- Prescriptions or over-the-counter medications
- Joint replacements
- In-home care
- Assistive devices, such as crutches or vehicle improvements
Noneconomic damages are intended to compensate you for the emotional and physical burden your injuries have placed on you. Missouri and Illinois each define noneconomic damages a little differently, according to Missouri Senate Bill 239 and 735 ILCS 5/2-1115.2:
In Missouri, "without limitation":
- Pain and suffering
- Mental anguish
- Physical impairment
- Loss of capacity to enjoy life
- Loss of consortium
In Illinois, "including but not limited to":
- Pain and suffering
- Loss of consortium
- Loss of society
The more of an impact your injuries have had on your life, the higher you'll be able to recover. If you loved playing piano and now your hands shake, you need to be compensated for that. Your Arnold, MO injury attorney at Halvorsen Klote will help an insurance adjuster, judge or jury understand how your injuries have affected you and get you the full financial recovery you are entitled to.
Reach Out to an Injury Attorney in Arnold, MO Now
Don't wait to call Halvorsen Klote if you or someone you love were in an accident. Our firm has gotten great results in a wide variety of claims in Arnold, MO and beyond. Talk to an experienced personal injury lawyer in Arnold, MO as soon as possible at 866-382-4167 or contact us online for a no-risk, no-obligation consultation.