Injury Attorney in St Clair, MO
St. Louis and Southern Illinois Personal Injury Lawyers
Call 866-382-4167 for a Complimentary Case Review | St. Louis Injury Attorneys
Injury Attorney in St Clair, MO. Halvorsen Klote represents clients in the Greater St. Louis area and Southern Illinois. Our team understands that a major injury can create serious difficulties for a family or individual's personal and economic situation. Halvorsen Klote's St Clair, MO injury attorneys help victims and their families recover compensation after unexpected injuries and accidents.
Whether you are injured in a car accident or truck accident, via medical malpractice, lost a family member in a wrongful death, were hurt during the course of employment or because of a defective product, Halvorsen Klote's injury attorneys fight on your behalf. Halvorsen Kote supports survivors and injury victims recover any damages they are legally entitled to after an accident. This can include pain and suffering, medical expenses, lost wages, and other losses that we will discuss further down this page. Contact our today for a case review and consultation. We don't get paid unless you win.
How Can an Injury Attorney in St Clair, MO Help My Claim?
An injury attorney will handle all the legal aspects of your case while you focus on healing. As part of our legal services in St Clair, MO, your Halvorsen Klote injury attorney will:
- Make a full investigation into your accident, acquire all relevant evidence and come up with a legal strategy to win your claim
- Reliably calculate the value of your damages
- Make a settlement demand to the insurance adjuster
- Negotiate with the insurance adjuster, including using alternative dispute resolution techniques like mediation if we have to
- File a lawsuit in court if we cannot secure a fair recovery in negotiation
- Take the fight in front of a judge and jury if we have to
- Keep you up to date on the status of your claim
- Give you peace of mind and answer any questions you may have about the process
You were injured through no fault of your own, but you don't have to go through this process alone. Speak to an injury attorney at Halvorsen Klote as soon as possible at 866-382-4167 to get started on being made whole again.
The following are some helpful links and legal FAQs from your St Clair, MO injury attorney team at Halvorsen Klote:
- How Much Is My Personal Injury Claim Worth?
- If an Insurance Company Pays for Property Damage, Do I Still Need an Attorney for my Injuries Claim?
- Why Do I Need a Lawyer?
- How Long Does it Take to Get a Settlement?
- Will My Personal Injury Claim Go to Court?
- Who Is Liable in a Car Accident?
- Do I Need a Lawyer if I'm in a Car Accident?
- Can I Sue if I Was Partially At Fault?
- Is There a Time Limit to File a Lawsuit?
Common Personal Injury Cases in St Clair, MO
The injury attorneys at Halvorsen Klote have handled countless cases for victims in the St Clair, MO area. Here are some of the most common types of personal injury cases we have experience with:
- Motor Vehicle Accidents — Motor vehicle accidents account for about 1.9 million injuries each year (and about 30,000 fatalities). Many of these accidents involve large trucks, speeding, distracted driving, drunk driving and poorly designed roadways.
- Premises Liability — These claims usually involve slips and falls, swimming pool accidents, fires, toxic fumes, dog bite and other hazards that cause injuries on another person's premises.
- Workplace Accidents — According to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics, in 2021 there were more than 2 million recorded injury or illness cases in the workplace, and over 5,000 employment-related deaths. Accidents on the job can range from repetitive trauma to losing a limb. It's important to contact an experienced workers' compensation lawyer if you've been injured at work.
- Product Liability — Products that are not designed, manufactured and marketed properly can cause serious harm. There may be manufacturing defects, poorly issued warning labels or instructions, and even design defects that lead to injuries. In the U.S. in 2021, almost 12 million people visited the emergency room for injuries resulting from defective products. Defective products can include motor vehicle componenets, children's toys and other everyday goods.
- Medical Malpractice — Another common cause behind personal injury claims, medical malpractice can include surgical error, misdiagnosis, prescribing the wrong medication and birth injuries.
Tragic events can lead to unimaginable hardships for family members. The circumstances surrounding each injury is unique. Halvorsen Klote's injury attorney team in St Clair, MO will fight for you no matter what your situation is. We're here to get you the compensation you are entitled to.
Tips for Hiring an Injury Attorney in St Clair, MO
There are a few things you should look for when you hire a lawyer to represent your case. Below are a few questions to get you started:
- What kind of clients do you work with? You need to know if you are contacting the right kind of firm (size, experience, etc.) to manage your case.
- Do you have experience with my type of injury claim? Have they taken on cases like yours before? Were they able to get a fair recovery for their clients?
- What do you think the value of my claim is? An experienced St Clair, MO injury attorney will be honest about how much they think your claim is worth, and why. If they mention too little or too much, be wary.
- How much does your firm charge? Lawyer fees are an obvious concern. At Halvorsen Klote, we operate on a contingency basis (services are free and a we take a percentage of your compensation as our fees). If we don't win, you don't pay.
What Compensation Is Available For a Personal Injury Claim in St Clair, MO?
How much receive in compensation often depends on the seriousness of your injuries and how they affect your life, whether you share any blame for your injuries and the abilities of your St Clair, MO injury attorney. Generally speaking, you are eligible for two categories of damages: economic losses and noneconomic losses.
Economic damages reimburse you for the bills and expenses your injuries cause. A knowledgeable injury attorney will secure full compensation for:
- Lost wages
- Lost or reduced earning potential
- Medical expenses, for example
- Emergency room care
- Surgeries and doctors appointments
- Physical rehabilitation
- Prescriptions or over-the-counter medications
- Joint replacements
- In-home care
- Assistive devices, such as wheelchairs or vehicle improvements
Noneconomic damages are meant to reimburse you for the emotional and physical burden your injuries have placed on you. Missouri and Illinois each have their own definitions of noneconomic damages, under Missouri Senate Bill 239 and 735 ILCS 5/2-1115.2:
In Missouri, "without limitation":
- Pain and suffering
- Mental anguish
- Physical impairment
- Loss of capacity to enjoy life
- Loss of consortium
In Illinois, "including but not limited to":
- Pain and suffering
- Loss of consortium
- Loss of society
The more severe your injuries, the higher you'll eventually recover. If you loved playing pickup basketball every weekend and now can no longer jump the same, you need to be compensated for that. Your St Clair, MO injury attorney at Halvorsen Klote will help an insurance adjuster, judge or jury understand how your injuries have affected you and get you the full financial recovery you are entitled to.
Reach Out to an Injury Attorney in St Clair, MO Today
Don't hesitate to reach out to Halvorsen Klote if you or someone you love were in an accident. Our firm has gotten great results in a wide variety of claims in St Clair, MO and throughout the St. Louis and Southern Illinois area. Talk to an experienced personal injury lawyer in St Clair, MO at your earliest convenience at 866-382-4167 or contact us online for a complimentary case review.
Attorney at Law
Joel Halvorsen and his partner Greg Klote founded the Halvorsen Klote law firm on the principle that injured people and their families should have access to the same quality legal representation as large insurance companies.
Attorney at Law
Greg Klote is a partner and founder of Halvorsen Klote.
Greg has successfully fought for people who were injured through no fault of their own. He became a lawyer to help make a difference in the lives of those who have been wronged and treated unfairly.