Injury Attorney in High Hill, MO
St. Louis and Southern Illinois Personal Injury Lawyers
Call 866-382-4167 for a Complimentary Consultation | St. Louis Injury Attorneys
Injury Attorney in High Hill, MO. Halvorsen Klote represents clients in the Greater St. Louis area and Southern Illinois. Our team understands that a serious injury can cause immediate financial, physical and emotional hardships for a family or individual's economic or personal situation. Halvorsen Klote's High Hill, MO injury attorneys help victims recover compensation after unexpected injuries and accidents.
If you are injured in a car accident or truck accident, via medical malpractice, lost someone due to wrongful death, were injured at work or because of a defective product, Halvorsen Klote's injury attorneys will stand by your side. Halvorsen Kote supports survivors and injury victims recover any damages they may be owed after an accident. This can include pain and suffering, medical expenses, lost wages, and other damages that we will discuss in this article. Contact our now for more information. No recovery? You don't pay.
What Can an Injury Attorney in High Hill, MO Do For Me?
An injury attorney will handle all the legal aspects of your case while you focus on healing. When you hire a Halvorsen Klote High Hill, MO injury attorney, we will:
- Investigate your claim, obtain evidence needed and come up with a legal strategy to win your claim
- Reliably determine how much your injuries are worth
- Make a settlement demand to the insurance company
- Negotiate with the insurance adjuster, including using alternative dispute resolution methods like mediation if we have to
- File a lawsuit in court if we cannot secure maximum compensation in negotiation
- Fight for you in front of a judge and jury if necessary
- Keep you up to date on the status of your claim
- Provide you with peace of mind and dispel any doubts you may have about your claim
You didn't do anything to get hurt, but you do have legal options. Call an injury attorney at Halvorsen Klote as soon as possible at 866-382-4167 to start on the path to receiving justice and maximum compensation.
Below are some helpful links and legal FAQs from your High Hill, MO injury attorney team at Halvorsen Klote:
- How Much Is My Personal Injury Claim Worth?
- If an Insurance Company Pays for Property Damage, Do I Still Need an Attorney for my Injuries Claim?
- Why Do I Need a Lawyer?
- How Long Does it Take to Get a Settlement?
- Will My Personal Injury Claim Go to Court?
- Who Is Liable in a Car Accident?
- Do I Need a Lawyer if I'm in a Car Accident?
- Can I Sue if I Was Partially At Fault?
- Is There a Time Limit to File a Lawsuit?
Common Injury Claims in High Hill, MO
The injury attorneys at Halvorsen Klote have handled countless claims for victims in the High Hill, MO area. Below are a few of the most common types of personal injury cases we have experience with:
- Car, Truck and Motorcycle Accidents — Traffic-related accidents account for about 1.9 million injuries each year (and about 30,000 fatalities). Auto accidents are often caused by speeding, distracted driving, drunk driving and intersections.
- Premises Liability — These cases typically involve dog bites, defective "conditions," fires, chemical leaks, slips and falls, ice and other hazards that cause injuries on someone's premises.
- Workplace Accidents — Based on data from the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics, in 2021 there were 2,607,900 recorded injuries or illnesses that took place on the job, and over 5,000 work-related deaths. Workplace injuries include chemical exposure, repetitive trauma and even losing a body part. It is important to contact a knowledgeable workers' compensation lawyer if you've been injured on the job.
- Product Liability — Products that don't hold up to safety standards can cause serious harm. There may be manufacturing defects, poorly issued warning labels or instructions, or even design defects that lead to injuries. Nationwide in 2021, 11.7 millions people went to the emergency room for injuries related to consumer products. Defective products can include motor vehicle componenets, household appliances and other everyday goods.
- Medical Malpractice — Another common type of injury case, medical malpractice can include surgical error, delayed diagnosis, prescribing the wrong medication and birth injuries.
Tragic injuries can lead to unimaginable stress for family members. The circumstances surrounding each injury is unique. Halvorsen Klote's injury attorney team in High Hill, MO will fight for you regardless of the particulars of your case. We're here to win.
Question to Ask an Injury Attorney in High Hill, MO
There are a few things you should as an attorney before hiring them. Below are a couple of questions to help you make the best decision for your case:
- What kind of clients do you work with? It's important to know if you're putting your case in the hands of the right kind of firm (size, experience, etc.) that understands your needs.
- Do you have experience with my type of injury claim? Have they taken on cases similar to yours before? Did they win?
- How much do you think my case is worth? A skilled High Hill, MO injury attorney will be honest about how much they think your claim is worth, and why. If they mention too little or too much, be wary.
- How much does it cost for your services? Lawyer fees are a big concern. At Halvorsen Klote, we charge on a contingency basis (you pay nothing upfront and you agree to pay us a portion of your final compensation). You owe us no fees unless you get the compensation you are owed.
What Damages Is Available For a Personal Injury Claim in High Hill, MO?
The amount you receive in compensation often depends on the severity of your injuries, whether you are partially at fault for your injuries and the skill of your High Hill, MO injury attorney. Typically, the type of compensation you receive will fall into one of two kinds of damages: economic losses and noneconomic losses.
Economic damages compensate you for the bills and expenses your injuries cause. A skilled injury attorney will secure full compensation for:
- Lost wages
- Lost or reduced earning capacity
- Medical expenses, including
- Emergency room care
- Surgeries and doctors appointments
- Physical rehabilitation
- Joint replacements
- In-home care
- Assistive devices, such as crutches or home modifications
Noneconomic damages seek to compensate you for the less tangible ways your injuries have affected you. Missouri and Illinois each have their own definitions of noneconomic damages, under Missouri Senate Bill 239 and 735 ILCS 5/2-1115.2:
In Missouri, "without limitation":
- Pain and suffering
- Mental anguish
- Physical impairment
- Loss of capacity to enjoy life
- Loss of consortium
In Illinois, "including but not limited to":
- Pain and suffering
- Loss of consortium
- Loss of society
The more severe your injuries, the more you'll be able to recover. If you loved playing piano and now your hands shake, you need to be compensated for that. Your High Hill, MO injury attorney at Halvorsen Klote will help an insurance company, judge or jury understand how your injuries have affected you and get you the full financial recovery you deserve.
Reach Out to an Injury Attorney in High Hill, MO Today
Don't hesitate to reach out to Halvorsen Klote if you or a family member were injured through someone else's negligence. Our firm has gotten great results in a wide variety of claims in High Hill, MO and throughout the St. Louis and Southern Illinois region. Talk to an experienced personal injury lawyer in High Hill, MO as soon as possible at 866-382-4167 or contact us online for a complimentary case review.