Injury Attorney in Litchfield, IL
St. Louis and Southern Illinois Personal Injury Lawyers
Call 866-382-4167 for a Complimentary Case Evaluation | St. Louis Injury Attorneys
Injury Attorney in Litchfield, IL. Halvorsen Klote serves victims and their families in Metro St. Louis and Southern Illinois. Our team understands that a severe injury can cause repercussions for a family or individual's personal and economic situation. Halvorsen Klote's Litchfield, IL injury attorneys help victims get the compensation they deserve after a tragic accident.
If you are injured in a car accident or truck accident, via medical malpractice, lost someone due to wrongful death, were injured at work or want to make a product liability claim, Halvorsen Klote's injury attorneys are here to help. Halvorsen Kote supports survivors and injury victims recover any damages they are legally entitled to after an accident. This may include pain and suffering, medical expenses, lost wages, and other losses we'll discuss in this article. Contact our now for more information. We don't get paid unless you win.
What Can an Injury Attorney in Litchfield, IL Do For Me?
An injury attorney can be your advocate and fight the legal battle for you while you spend your energy on healing. As part of our representation in Litchfield, IL, your Halvorsen Klote injury attorney will:
- Investigate your claim, obtain evidence needed and develop a legal strategy to prove liability
- Precisely determine the value of your damages
- Make a settlement demand to the insurance adjuster
- Negotiate with the insurance company, including using alternative dispute resolution processes like mediation if we have to
- File a lawsuit in court if we cannot secure a fair recovery in negotiation
- Take the fight to trial if we have to
- Ensure you know what's going on in your claim
- Provide you with peace of mind and answer any questions you may have about your claim
You were injured through no fault of your own, but you don't have to go through this process alone. Call an injury attorney at Halvorsen Klote now at 866-382-4167 to get started on receiving justice and maximum compensation.
Here are some helpful links and legal FAQs from your Litchfield, IL injury attorney team at Halvorsen Klote:
- How Much Is My Personal Injury Claim Worth?
- If an Insurance Company Pays for Property Damage, Do I Still Need an Attorney for my Injuries Claim?
- Why Do I Need a Lawyer?
- How Long Does it Take to Get a Settlement?
- Will My Personal Injury Claim Go to Court?
- Who Is Liable in a Car Accident?
- Do I Need a Lawyer if I'm in a Car Accident?
- Can I Sue if I Was Partially At Fault?
- Is There a Time Limit to File a Lawsuit?
Common Personal Injury Cases in Litchfield, IL
The injury attorneys at HK Law have managed countless cases for victims in the Litchfield, IL area. Below are a few of the most common types of personal injury cases we have experience with:
- Car, Truck and Motorcycle Accidents — Motor vehicle accidents account for about 1.9 million injuries each year (and about 30,000 fatalities). Auto accidents are often caused by speeding, distracted driving, drunk driving and poorly designed roadways.
- Premises Liability — These cases typically involve slips and falls, swimming pool accidents, fires, insufficient security, dog bite and other hazards that cause injuries on another person's premises.
- Workers' Compensation Claims — Based on data from the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics, in 2021 there were more than 2 million recorded injury or illness cases in the workplace, and over 5,000 work-related deaths. Workplace injuries include chemical exposure, repetitive trauma and even losing a body part. It is important to contact a knowledgeable work-comp lawyer as soon as possible after a work injury.
- Product Liability — Products that are not designed, manufactured and marketed appropriately can cause devastating injuries. There may be manufacturing defects, failure to include warnings, and even design errors that victims deserve compensation for. In the U.S. in 2021, 11.7 millions people went to the emergency room for injuries resulting from defective products. Defective products can include motor vehicle componenets, household appliances and other everyday goods.
- Medical Malpractice — Another common type of injury case, medical malpractice can include surgical mistakes, delayed diagnosis, prescription errors and birth injuries.
A death or devastating injury can cause emotional and financial burdens to family members. The causes to bring a personal injury claim vary greatly. Halvorsen Klote's injury attorney team in Litchfield, IL will fight for you regardless of the particulars of your case. We are here to win.
Tips for Hiring an Injury Attorney in Litchfield, IL
There are several things you should as an attorney before hiring them. Below are a few questions to help you make the best decision for your claim:
- What kind of clients do you typically represent? It's important to know if you are contacting the right kind of firm (size, experience, etc.) to handle your case.
- Do you have experience with my type of injury claim? Have they handled cases like yours before? What were the results?
- What do you think the value of my claim is? A skilled Litchfield, IL injury attorney will be honest about how much they think your claim is worth, and why. If they mention too little or too much, be wary.
- How much does it cost for your services? Lawyer fees are a big concern. At Halvorsen Klote, we operate on a contingency basis (services are free and you agree to pay us a portion of your recovery). You owe us no fees unless we win your claim.
What Compensation Can I Recover For My Injuries in Litchfield, IL?
The value of your injuries depends on the severity of your injuries, whether you are partially at fault for your injuries and the abilities of your Litchfield, IL injury attorney. Typically, the type of compensation you receive will fall into one of two types of damages: economic losses and noneconomic losses.
Economic damages compensate you for the losses you sustained that you can put a dollar amount on. An experienced injury attorney will secure full compensation for:
- Lost wages
- Lost or reduced earning potential
- Medical expenses, such as
- Emergency room visits
- Surgeries and doctors appointments
- Physical therapy
- Joint replacements
- In-home care
- Assistive devices, such as crutches or vehicle modifications
Noneconomic damages are intended to compensate you for the less tangible ways your injuries have affected you. Missouri and Illinois each have their own definitions of noneconomic damages, under Missouri Senate Bill 239 and 735 ILCS 5/2-1115.2:
In Missouri, "without limitation":
- Pain and suffering
- Mental anguish
- Physical impairment
- Loss of capacity to enjoy life
- Loss of consortium
In Illinois, "including but not limited to":
- Pain and suffering
- Loss of consortium
- Loss of society
The more severe your injuries, the more your noneconomic damages will be. If you loved playing piano and now you can't sit up straight at the bench, you need to be compensated for that. Your Litchfield, IL injury attorney at Halvorsen Klote will help an insurance company, judge or jury understand how your injuries have affected you and get you the full financial recovery you are entitled to.
Speak to an Injury Attorney in Litchfield, IL Today
Don't wait to get in touch with Halvorsen Klote if you or a family member were in an accident. Our firm has gotten great results in a wide variety of claims in Litchfield, IL and throughout the St. Louis and Southern Illinois area. Talk to an experienced personal injury lawyer in Litchfield, IL now at 866-382-4167 or contact us online for a no-risk, no-obligation case evaluation.
Attorney at Law
Joel Halvorsen and his partner Greg Klote founded the Halvorsen Klote law firm on the principle that injured people and their families should have access to the same quality legal representation as large insurance companies.
Attorney at Law
Greg Klote is a partner and founder of Halvorsen Klote.
Greg has successfully fought for people who were injured through no fault of their own. He became a lawyer to help make a difference in the lives of those who have been wronged and treated unfairly.