Injury Attorney in Chesterfield, MO
St. Louis and Southern Illinois Personal Injury Lawyers
Call 866-382-4167 for a Free Case Review | St. Louis Injury Attorneys
Injury Attorney in Chesterfield, MO. Halvorsen Klote represents clients in the Greater St. Louis area and Southern Illinois. Our team knows that a severe injury can create immediate financial, physical and emotional hardships for a family or individual's economic or personal situation. Halvorsen Klote's Chesterfield, MO injury attorneys help victims get the compensation they deserve after a tragic accident.
If you're injured in a car accident or truck accident, via medical malpractice, lost a loved one in a wrongful death, were injured on the job or because of a defective product, Halvorsen Klote's injury attorneys will stand by your side. Halvorsen Kote supports survivors and injury victims recover any damages they are legally entitled to due to an injury. This may include pain and suffering, medical expenses, lost wages, and other losses that we'll discuss in this article. Contact our now for a case review and consultation. We don't get paid unless you win.
What Can an Injury Attorney in Chesterfield, MO Do For Me?
An injury attorney can fight on your behalf while you spend your energy on healing. As part of our representation in Chesterfield, MO, your Halvorsen Klote injury attorney will:
- Investigate your claim, acquire all relevant evidence and develop a legal strategy to prove liability
- Reliably determine how much your claim is worth
- Make a settlement demand to the insurance adjuster
- Negotiate with the insurance company, including using alternative dispute resolution techniques like mediation if we have to
- File a lawsuit in court if we cannot secure maximum compensation in negotiation
- Fight for you in front of a judge and jury if necessary
- Ensure you know what's going on in your claim
- Provide you with peace of mind and answer any questions you may have about your claim
You didn't deserve to be injured, but you do have legal options. Speak to an injury attorney at Halvorsen Klote now at 866-382-4167 to get started on being made whole again.
The following are some helpful links and legal FAQs from your Chesterfield, MO injury attorney team at Halvorsen Klote:
- How Much Is My Personal Injury Claim Worth?
- If an Insurance Company Pays for Property Damage, Do I Still Need an Attorney for my Injuries Claim?
- Why Do I Need a Lawyer?
- How Long Does it Take to Get a Settlement?
- Will My Personal Injury Claim Go to Court?
- Who Is Liable in a Car Accident?
- Do I Need a Lawyer if I'm in a Car Accident?
- Can I Sue if I Was Partially At Fault?
- Is There a Time Limit to File a Lawsuit?
Common Personal Injury Cases in Chesterfield, MO
The injury attorneys at HK Law have managed countless claims for victims in the Chesterfield, MO area. Below are a few of the most common types of injury cases we have experience with:
- Automotive Accidents — Auto accidents account for about 1.9 million injuries each year (and about 30,000 fatalities). Auto accidents are often caused by speeding, distracted driving, drunk driving and poorly designed roadways.
- Premises Liability — These cases often involve slips and falls, swimming pool accidents, fires, insufficient security, dog bite and other hazards that cause injuries on someone's property.
- Workplace Accidents — Based on data from the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics, in 2021 there were 2,607,900 recorded injury or illness cases in the workplace, and 5,190 employment-related deaths. Workplace injuries include chemical exposure, repetitive trauma and even losing a body part. It is important to contact an experienced workers' compensation lawyer as soon as possible after a work injury.
- Product Liability — Products that don't hold up to safety standards can cause serious harm. There may be manufacturing defects, failure to include warnings, and even design defects that victims deserve compensation for. Nationwide in 2021, almost 12 million people visited the emergency room for injuries resulting from defective products. Defective products can include motor vehicle componenets, children's toys and other everyday goods.
- Medical Malpractice — Another common type of injury case, medical malpractice is often related to surgical mistakes, misdiagnosis, prescription injuries and birth injuries.
Tragic injuries can lead to incredible hardships for family members. The circumstances surrounding each injury is unique. Our injury attorney team in Chesterfield, MO will fight for you no matter what your accident is. We are here to win.
Tips for Hiring an Injury Attorney in Chesterfield, MO
There are a few things you should as an attorney before hiring them. Below are a few questions to help you make the best decision for your claim:
- What kind of clients do you work with? You need to know if you're putting your case in the hands of the right kind of firm (size, experience, etc.) that understands your needs.
- Do you have experience with these types of cases? Have they handled your specific type of case before? What were the results?
- What do you think the value of my claim is? An experienced Chesterfield, MO injury attorney will be honest about how much they think your claim is worth, and why. If they mention too little or too much, be wary.
- How much does your firm charge? Lawyer fees are a big concern. At Halvorsen Klote, we work on a contingency basis (services are free and you agree to pay us a percentage of your recovery). We charge no fees unless you get the compensation you are owed.
What Compensation Can I Recover For a Personal Injury Claim in Chesterfield, MO?
How much receive in compensation often depends on the severity of your injuries, whether you are partially at fault for the accident and the skill of your Chesterfield, MO injury attorney. Typically, you are entitled to two types of damages: economic losses and noneconomic losses.
Economic damages reimburse you for the financial toll your injuries have caused you. A knowledgeable injury attorney will help you receive full compensation for:
- Lost wages
- Lost or reduced earning potential
- Medical bills, such as
- Emergency room visits
- Surgeries and doctors appointments
- Physical rehabilitation
- Joint replacements
- In-home care
- Assistive devices, such as wheelchairs or vehicle modifications
Noneconomic damages seek to compensate you for the emotional and physical burden your injuries have placed on you. Missouri and Illinois each have their own definitions of noneconomic damages, under Missouri Senate Bill 239 and 735 ILCS 5/2-1115.2:
In Missouri, "without limitation":
- Pain and suffering
- Mental anguish
- Physical impairment
- Loss of capacity to enjoy life
- Loss of consortium
In Illinois, "including but not limited to":
- Pain and suffering
- Loss of consortium
- Loss of society
The more severe your injuries, the more you'll eventually recover. If you loved playing pickup basketball every weekend and now can no longer jump the same, you you deserve justice and recognition. Your Chesterfield, MO injury attorney at Halvorsen Klote will help an insurance adjuster, judge or jury see things from your point of view and get you the full financial recovery you are entitled to.
Call an Injury Attorney in Chesterfield, MO Now
Don't wait to call Halvorsen Klote if you or a family member were injured through someone else's negligence. Our firm has gotten great results in a wide variety of claims in Chesterfield, MO and beyond. Talk to an experienced personal injury lawyer in Chesterfield, MO now at 866-382-4167 or contact us online for a free consultation.
Attorney at Law
Joel Halvorsen and his partner Greg Klote founded the Halvorsen Klote law firm on the principle that injured people and their families should have access to the same quality legal representation as large insurance companies.
Attorney at Law
Greg Klote is a partner and founder of Halvorsen Klote.
Greg has successfully fought for people who were injured through no fault of their own. He became a lawyer to help make a difference in the lives of those who have been wronged and treated unfairly.