Injury Attorney in Kirkwood, MO
St. Louis and Southern Illinois Personal Injury Lawyers
Call 866-382-4167 for a No-Risk, No-Obligation Consultation | St. Louis Injury Attorneys
Injury Attorney in Kirkwood, MO. Halvorsen Klote serves victims and their families in Metro St. Louis and Southern Illinois. Our firm understands that a severe injury can create serious difficulties for a family or individual's economic or personal situation. Halvorsen Klote's Kirkwood, MO injury attorneys help victims get the compensation they deserve after a tragic accident.
Whether you are injured in a car accident or truck accident, via medical malpractice, lost a loved one in a wrongful death, were injured at work or because of a defective product, Halvorsen Klote's injury attorneys fight on your behalf. Halvorsen Kote supports survivors and injury victims recover any damages they are legally entitled to after an accident. This can include pain and suffering, medical expenses, lost wages, and other losses we'll discuss later on. Contact our now for a case review and consultation. We don't get paid unless you win.
What Can an Injury Attorney in Kirkwood, MO Do For Me?
An injury attorney can fight on your behalf while you spend your energy on healing. As part of our representation in Kirkwood, MO, your Halvorsen Klote injury attorney will:
- Make a complete investigation into your injuries, obtain evidence needed and develop a legal strategy to prove liability
- Precisely calculate how much your claim is worth
- Make a settlement demand to the insurance company
- Negotiate with the insurance company, including using alternative dispute resolution techniques like mediation if we have to
- File a lawsuit in court if the insurance company won't be fair in negotiation
- Fight for you in front of a judge and jury if necessary
- Ensure you know what's going on in your claim
- Give you peace of mind and answer any questions you may have about your claim
You were injured through no fault of your own, but we are here to help guide you through your claim. Call an injury attorney at Halvorsen Klote now at 866-382-4167 to start on the path to receiving justice and maximum compensation.
Below are some helpful links and legal FAQs from your Kirkwood, MO injury attorney team at Halvorsen Klote:
- How Much Is My Personal Injury Claim Worth?
- If an Insurance Company Pays for Property Damage, Do I Still Need an Attorney for my Injuries Claim?
- Why Do I Need a Lawyer?
- How Long Does it Take to Get a Settlement?
- Will My Personal Injury Claim Go to Court?
- Who Is Liable in a Car Accident?
- Do I Need a Lawyer if I'm in a Car Accident?
- Can I Sue if I Was Partially At Fault?
- Is There a Time Limit to File a Lawsuit?
Common Personal Injury Claims in Kirkwood, MO
The injury attorneys at Halvorsen Klote have managed countless claims for victims in the Kirkwood, MO area. Below are a few of the most common types of personal injury cases our firm comes up against:
- Car, Truck and Motorcycle Accidents — Auto accidents account for about 1.9 million injuries each year (and about 30,000 fatalities). Auto accidents are often caused by speeding, distracted driving, drunk driving and intersections.
- Premises Liability — These cases typically involve slips and falls, swimming pool accidents, fires, insufficient security, dog bite and other hazards that cause injuries on another person's premises.
- Workers' Compensation Claims — According to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics, in 2021 there were more than 2 million recorded injury or illness cases in the workplace, and 5,190 employment-related deaths. Accidents on the job can range from repetitive trauma to losing a limb. It's important to contact an experienced work-comp attorney as soon as possible after a work injury.
- Product Liability — Products that malfunction can cause devastating injuries. There may be manufacturing defects, poorly issued warning labels or instructions, or even design errors that lead to injuries. In the U.S. in 2021, 11.7 millions people went to the emergency room for injuries related to consumer products. Defective products can include bad brakes on a car, children's toys and other everyday items.
- Medical Malpractice — Another common type of injury case, medical malpractice is often related to surgical error, delayed diagnosis, prescription injuries and birth injuries.
A death or devastating injury can cause emotional and financial stress to family members. The causes to bring a personal injury claim vary greatly. Halvorsen Klote's injury attorney team in Kirkwood, MO are here to help no matter what your situation is. We are here to get you the compensation you are owed.
Tips for Hiring an Injury Attorney in Kirkwood, MO
There are a few things you should look for before you hire an attorney to represent your case. Below are a couple of questions to get you started:
- What kind of clients do you work with? You need to know if you're putting your case in the hands of the right kind of firm (size, experience, etc.) that understands your needs.
- Do you have experience with these types of cases? Have they taken on cases similar to yours before? Were they able to get a fair recovery for their clients?
- How much do you think my case is worth? An experienced Kirkwood, MO injury attorney will be honest about how much they think your claim is worth, and why. If they mention too little or too much, be wary.
- How much does your firm charge? Lawyer fees are an obvious concern. At Halvorsen Klote, we operate on a contingency basis (you pay nothing upfront and you agree to pay us a percentage of your recovery). We charge no fees unless we win your claim.
What Compensation Is Available For My Injuries in Kirkwood, MO?
The value of your claim depends on the severity of your injuries, whether you are partially at fault for the accident and the skill of your Kirkwood, MO injury attorney. Generally speaking, the type of compensation you receive will fall into one of two kinds of damages: economic losses and noneconomic losses.
Economic damages reimburse you for the financial toll your injuries have caused you. An experienced injury attorney will help you receive full compensation for:
- Lost wages
- Lost or reduced earning potential
- Medical bills, including
- Emergency room visits
- Surgeries and doctors appointments
- Physical therapy
- Joint replacements
- In-home care
- Assistive devices, such as crutches or vehicle improvements
Noneconomic damages are intended to reimburse you for the emotional and physical burden your injuries have placed on you. Missouri and Illinois each have their own definitions of noneconomic damages, under Missouri Senate Bill 239 and 735 ILCS 5/2-1115.2:
In Missouri, "without limitation":
- Pain and suffering
- Mental anguish
- Physical impairment
- Loss of capacity to enjoy life
- Loss of consortium
In Illinois, "including but not limited to":
- Pain and suffering
- Loss of consortium
- Loss of society
The more severe your injuries, the more your noneconomic damages will be. If you loved playing pickup basketball every weekend and now can no longer jump the same, you you deserve justice and recognition. Your Kirkwood, MO injury attorney at Halvorsen Klote will help an insurance adjuster, judge or jury see things from your point of view and get you the full financial recovery you are owed.
Call an Injury Attorney in Kirkwood, MO Now
Don't wait to get in touch with Halvorsen Klote if you or someone you love were in an accident. Our firm has won millions for car accident victims, in wrongful death cases, and in other claims in Kirkwood, MO and throughout the St. Louis and Southern Illinois region. Talk to an experienced personal injury lawyer in Kirkwood, MO today at 866-382-4167 or contact us online for a no-risk, no-obligation case evaluation.