Injury Attorney in Hannibal, MO
St. Louis and Southern Illinois Personal Injury Lawyers
Call 866-382-4167 for a Complimentary Case Review | St. Louis Injury Attorneys
Injury Attorney in Hannibal, MO. Halvorsen Klote represents clients in the Greater St. Louis area and Southern Illinois. Our firm knows that a major injury can cause serious difficulties for a family or individual's economic or personal situation. Halvorsen Klote's Hannibal, MO injury attorneys help victims and their families get the compensation they deserve after a tragic accident.
If you're injured in a car accident or truck accident, via medical malpractice, lost a loved one in a wrongful death, were injured on the job or because of a defective product, Halvorsen Klote's injury attorneys fight on your behalf. Halvorsen Kote supports survivors and injury victims recover any damages they are legally entitled to after an accident. This may include pain and suffering, medical expenses, lost wages, and other losses that we will discuss further down this page. Contact our now for a case review and consultation. We don't get paid unless you win.
How Can an Injury Attorney in Hannibal, MO Help My Claim?
An injury attorney will handle all investigation, documentation and litigation while you focus on your physical recovery. As part of our representation in Hannibal, MO, your Halvorsen Klote injury attorney will:
- Make a complete investigation into your accident, gather evidence needed and develop a legal strategy to win your claim
- Precisely determine how much your claim is worth
- Make a settlement demand to the insurance company
- Negotiate with the insurance company, including using alternative dispute resolution processes like mediation if we have to
- File a lawsuit in court if we cannot secure maximum compensation in negotiation
- Fight for you in front of a judge and jury if we have to
- Ensure you know what's going on in your claim
- Provide you with peace of mind and answer any questions you may have about the process
You didn't do anything to get hurt, but you do have legal options. Call an injury attorney at Halvorsen Klote today at 866-382-4167 to get started on being made whole again.
Here are some helpful links and legal FAQs from your Hannibal, MO injury attorney team at Halvorsen Klote:
- How Much Is My Personal Injury Claim Worth?
- If an Insurance Company Pays for Property Damage, Do I Still Need an Attorney for my Injuries Claim?
- Why Do I Need a Lawyer?
- How Long Does it Take to Get a Settlement?
- Will My Personal Injury Claim Go to Court?
- Who Is Liable in a Car Accident?
- Do I Need a Lawyer if I'm in a Car Accident?
- Can I Sue if I Was Partially At Fault?
- Is There a Time Limit to File a Lawsuit?
Common Personal Injury Cases in Hannibal, MO
The personal injury attorneys at Halvorsen Klote have handled countless claims for victims in the Hannibal, MO area. Here are some of the most common types of personal injury cases our firm comes up against:
- Automotive Accidents — Auto accidents account for about 1.9 million injuries each year (and about 30,000 fatalities). Auto accidents are often caused by speeding, distracted driving, drunk driving and poorly designed roadways.
- Premises Liability — These claims usually involve slips and falls, swimming pool accidents, fires, toxic fumes, dog bite and other hazards that cause injuries on someone's property.
- Workers' Compensation Claims — According to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics, in 2021 there were 2,607,900 recorded injuries or illnesses that occurred on the job, and 5,190 work-related deaths. Workplace injuries include chemical exposure, repetitive motion and even losing a body part. It's important to contact an experienced work-comp lawyer as soon as possible after a work injury.
- Product Liability — Products that malfunction can cause serious harm. There may be manufacturing defects, failure to include warnings, or even design defects that victims deserve compensation for. In the U.S. in 2021, almost 12 million people went to the emergency room for injuries resulting from defective products. Defective products can include motor vehicle componenets, household appliances and other everyday items.
- Medical Malpractice — Another common cause behind personal injury claims, medical malpractice is often related to surgical mistakes, failure to diagnose, prescribing the wrong medication and birth injuries.
A death or serious injury can cause emotional and financial hardships to family members. The circumstances surrounding each injury is unique. Our injury attorney team in Hannibal, MO will fight for you no matter what your situation is. We're here to get you the compensation you deserve.
Question to Ask an Injury Attorney in Hannibal, MO
There are several things you should look for when you hire a lawyer to represent your case. Below are a couple of questions to help you make the best decision for your claim:
- What kind of clients do you typically represent? You need to know if you are contacting the right kind of firm (size, experience, etc.) that understands your needs.
- Do you have experience with my type of injury claim? Have they taken on cases similar to yours before? What were the results?
- How much do you think my case is worth? A skilled Hannibal, MO injury attorney will be honest about how much they think your claim is worth, and why. If they mention too little or too much, be wary.
- How much does it cost for your services? Lawyer fees are an obvious concern. At Halvorsen Klote, we work on a contingency basis (you pay nothing upfront and a we take a percentage of your compensation as our fees). If we don't win, you don't pay.
What Damages Can Be Recovered For a Personal Injury Case in Hannibal, MO?
The amount you receive in compensation often depends on the seriousness of your injuries and how they affect your life, whether you share any blame for your injuries and the abilities of your Hannibal, MO injury attorney. Generally speaking, you are entitled to two types of damages: economic losses and noneconomic losses.
Economic damages compensate you for the bills and expenses your injuries cause. An experienced injury attorney will help you receive full compensation for:
- Lost wages
- Lost or reduced earning potential
- Medical expenses, for example
- Emergency room visits
- Surgeries and doctors appointments
- Physical therapy
- Prescriptions or over-the-counter medications
- Joint replacements
- In-home care
- Assistive devices, such as crutches or vehicle modifications
Noneconomic damages seek to compensate you for the emotional and physical burden your injuries have placed on you. Missouri and Illinois each have their own definitions of noneconomic damages, under Missouri Senate Bill 239 and 735 ILCS 5/2-1115.2:
In Missouri, "without limitation":
- Pain and suffering
- Mental anguish
- Physical impairment
- Loss of capacity to enjoy life
- Loss of consortium
In Illinois, "including but not limited to":
- Pain and suffering
- Loss of consortium
- Loss of society
The more of an impact your injuries have had on your life, the higher you'll be able to recover. If you loved playing piano and now your hands shake, you you deserve justice and recognition. Your Hannibal, MO injury attorney at Halvorsen Klote will help an insurance adjuster, judge or jury understand how your injuries have affected you and get you the full financial recovery you deserve.
Call an Injury Attorney in Hannibal, MO Today
Don't hesitate to call Halvorsen Klote if you or a family member were in an accident. Our firm has won millions for car accident victims, in wrongful death cases, and in other claims in Hannibal, MO and throughout the St. Louis and Southern Illinois region. Talk to an experienced personal injury lawyer in Hannibal, MO at your earliest convenience at 866-382-4167 or contact us online for a free case evaluation.