Injury Attorney in Warrenton, MO
St. Louis and Southern Illinois Personal Injury Lawyers
Call 866-382-4167 for a Free Case Evaluation | St. Louis Injury Attorneys
Injury Attorney in Warrenton, MO. Halvorsen Klote serves victims and their families in Metro St. Louis and Southern Illinois. Our firm knows that a severe injury can create immediate financial, physical and emotional hardships for a family or individual's personal and economic situation. Halvorsen Klote's Warrenton, MO injury attorneys help victims and their families recover compensation after tragic injuries and accidents.
Whether you are injured in a car accident or truck accident, via medical malpractice, lost a loved one in a wrongful death, were hurt at work or because of a defective product, Halvorsen Klote's injury attorneys are here to help. Halvorsen Kote supports survivors and injury victims recover any damages they may be owed after an accident. This may include pain and suffering, medical expenses, lost wages, and other losses that we'll discuss further down this page. Contact our now for a case review and consultation. We don't get paid unless you win.
What Can an Injury Attorney in Warrenton, MO Do For Me?
An injury attorney will handle all investigation, documentation and litigation while you focus on healing. As part of our legal services in Warrenton, MO, your Halvorsen Klote injury attorney will:
- Make a full investigation into your injuries, acquire evidence needed and develop a legal strategy to prove negligence
- Precisely determine how much your claim is worth
- Send a settlement demand letter to the insurance company
- Negotiate with the insurance company, including using alternative dispute resolution methods like mediation if we have to
- File a lawsuit in court if the insurance company won't be fair in negotiation
- Take the case in front of a judge and jury if we have to
- Keep you up to date on the status of your claim
- Offer you peace of mind and answer any questions you may have about the process
You didn't do anything to get hurt, but you do have legal options. Call an injury attorney at Halvorsen Klote now at 866-382-4167 to get started on receiving justice and maximum compensation.
The following are some helpful links and legal FAQs from your Warrenton, MO injury attorney team at Halvorsen Klote:
- How Much Is My Personal Injury Claim Worth?
- If an Insurance Company Pays for Property Damage, Do I Still Need an Attorney for my Injuries Claim?
- Why Do I Need a Lawyer?
- How Long Does it Take to Get a Settlement?
- Will My Personal Injury Claim Go to Court?
- Who Is Liable in a Car Accident?
- Do I Need a Lawyer if I'm in a Car Accident?
- Can I Sue if I Was Partially At Fault?
- Is There a Time Limit to File a Lawsuit?
Common Injury Cases in Warrenton, MO
The injury attorneys at Halvorsen Klote have managed countless claims for victims in the Warrenton, MO area. Below are a few of the most common types of injury cases our firm comes up against:
- Motor Vehicle Accidents — Vehicular accidents account for about 1.9 million injuries each year (and about 30,000 fatalities). Auto accidents are often caused by speeding, distracted driving, drunk driving and intersections.
- Premises Liability — These claims typically involve slips and falls, swimming pool accidents, fires, toxic fumes, dog bite and other hazards that can cause injuries on someone's property.
- Workers' Compensation Claims — According to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics, in 2021 there were 2,607,900 recorded injury or illness cases in the workplace, and over 5,000 work-related fatalities. Workplace injuries include chemical exposure, repetitive motion and even losing a body part. It's important to contact an experienced workers' compensation attorney as soon as possible after a work injury.
- Product Liability — Products that malfunction can cause serious harm. There may be manufacturing defects, failure to include warnings, or even design errors that lead to injuries. In the U.S. in 2021, almost 12 million people went to the emergency room for injuries resulting from defective products. Defective products can include bad brakes on a car, children's toys and other everyday goods.
- Medical Malpractice — Another common type of injury case, medical malpractice can include surgical mistakes, misdiagnosis, prescription injuries and birth injuries.
Tragic events can lead to incredible stress for family members. The causes to bring an injury claim vary greatly. Our injury attorney team in Warrenton, MO are here to help regardless of the particulars of your case. We are here to win.
Tips for Hiring an Injury Attorney in Warrenton, MO
There are several things you should as an attorney before hiring them. Below are a few questions to get you started:
- What kind of clients do you work with? It's important to know if you're putting your case in the hands of the right kind of firm (size, experience, etc.) that understands your needs.
- Do you have experience with these types of cases? Have they taken on your specific type of case before? Were they able to get a fair recovery for their clients?
- What do you think the value of my injuries are? A skilled Warrenton, MO injury attorney will be honest about how much they think your claim is worth, and why. If they mention too little or too much, be wary.
- How much does your firm charge? Lawyer fees are a big concern. At Halvorsen Klote, we operate on a contingency basis (you pay nothing upfront and you agree to pay us a portion of your final compensation). If we don't win, you don't pay.
What Damages Can I Recover For a Personal Injury Claim in Warrenton, MO?
The amount you receive in compensation often depends on the severity of your injuries, whether you are partially at fault for your injuries and the skill of your Warrenton, MO injury attorney. Typically, you are entitled to two categories of damages: economic losses and noneconomic losses.
Economic damages compensate you for the bills and expenses your injuries cause. An experienced injury attorney will help you receive full compensation for:
- Lost wages
- Lost or reduced earning capacity
- Medical bills, such as
- Emergency room visits
- Surgeries and doctors appointments
- Physical rehabilitation
- Joint replacements
- In-home care
- Assistive devices, such as crutches or vehicle improvements
Noneconomic damages seek to compensate you for the emotional and physical burden your injuries have placed on you. Missouri and Illinois each define noneconomic damages a little differently, according to Missouri Senate Bill 239 and 735 ILCS 5/2-1115.2:
In Missouri, "without limitation":
- Pain and suffering
- Mental anguish
- Physical impairment
- Loss of capacity to enjoy life
- Loss of consortium
In Illinois, "including but not limited to":
- Pain and suffering
- Loss of consortium
- Loss of society
The more severe your injuries, the more your noneconomic damages will be. If you loved playing piano and now you can't sit up straight at the bench, you need to be compensated for that. Your Warrenton, MO injury attorney at Halvorsen Klote will help an insurance company, judge or jury understand how your injuries have affected you and get you the full financial recovery you are entitled to.
Call an Injury Attorney in Warrenton, MO Now
Don't hesitate to reach out to Halvorsen Klote if you or a family member were in an accident. Our firm has won millions for car accident victims, in wrongful death cases, and in other claims in Warrenton, MO and beyond. Talk to an experienced personal injury lawyer in Warrenton, MO at your earliest convenience at 866-382-4167 or contact us online for a free case review.
Attorney at Law
Joel Halvorsen and his partner Greg Klote founded the Halvorsen Klote law firm on the principle that injured people and their families should have access to the same quality legal representation as large insurance companies.
Attorney at Law
Greg Klote is a partner and founder of Halvorsen Klote.
Greg has successfully fought for people who were injured through no fault of their own. He became a lawyer to help make a difference in the lives of those who have been wronged and treated unfairly.