Injury Attorney in Union, MO
St. Louis and Southern Illinois Personal Injury Lawyers
Call 866-382-4167 for a No-Risk, No-Obligation Consultation | St. Louis Injury Attorneys
Injury Attorney in Union, MO. Halvorsen Klote serves victims and their families in Metro St. Louis and Southern Illinois. Our team knows that a serious injury can cause immediate financial, physical and emotional hardships for a family or individual's economic or personal situation. Halvorsen Klote's Union, MO injury attorneys help victims and their families get the compensation they deserve after a tragic accident.
If you are injured in a car accident or truck accident, via medical malpractice, lost someone you care about in a wrongful death, were injured during the course of employment or by a product, Halvorsen Klote's injury attorneys will stand by your side. Halvorsen Kote supports survivors and injury victims recover any damages they are legally entitled to due to an injury. This may include pain and suffering, medical expenses, lost wages, and other losses that we'll discuss in this article. Contact Halvorsen Klote today for more information. We don't get paid unless you win.
What Can an Injury Attorney in Union, MO Do For Me?
An injury attorney can fight on your behalf while you spend your energy on your physical recovery. When you hire a Halvorsen Klote Union, MO injury attorney, we will:
- Investigate your claim, acquire all relevant evidence and come up with a legal strategy to win your claim
- Accurately determine the value of your damages
- Send a settlement demand letter to the insurance adjuster
- Negotiate with the insurance company, which may include alternative dispute resolution techniques like mediation if we have to
- File a lawsuit in court if the insurance company won't be fair in negotiation
- Take the fight in front of a judge and jury if necessary
- Ensure you know what's going on in your claim
- Provide you with peace of mind and dispel any doubts you may have about the process
You were injured through no fault of your own, but we are here to fight for your financial recovery. Speak to an injury attorney at Halvorsen Klote today at 866-382-4167 to get started on receiving justice and maximum compensation.
The following are some helpful links and legal FAQs from your Union, MO injury attorney team at Halvorsen Klote:
- How Much Is My Personal Injury Claim Worth?
- If an Insurance Company Pays for Property Damage, Do I Still Need an Attorney for my Injuries Claim?
- Why Do I Need a Lawyer?
- How Long Does it Take to Get a Settlement?
- Will My Personal Injury Claim Go to Court?
- Who Is Liable in a Car Accident?
- Do I Need a Lawyer if I'm in a Car Accident?
- Can I Sue if I Was Partially At Fault?
- Is There a Time Limit to File a Lawsuit?
Common Injury Cases in Union, MO
The personal injury attorneys at HK Law have handled countless claims for victims in the Union, MO area. Below are a few of the most common types of personal injury cases we have experience with:
- Car, Truck and Motorcycle Accidents — Vehicular accidents account for about 1.9 million injuries each year (and about 30,000 fatalities). Many of these accidents involve large trucks, speeding, distracted driving, drunk driving and poorly designed roadways.
- Premises Liability — These claims usually involve slips and falls, swimming pool accidents, fires, insufficient security, dog bite and other hazards that can cause injuries on another person's premises.
- Workplace Accidents — According to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics, in 2021 there were 2,607,900 recorded injury or illness cases in the workplace, and over 5,000 employment-related deaths. Accidents on the job can range from repetitive trauma to losing a limb. It's important to contact a knowledgeable work-comp lawyer if you've been injured at work.
- Product Liability — Products that don't hold up to safety standards can cause serious harm. There may be manufacturing defects, poorly issued warning labels or instructions, and even design errors that victims deserve compensation for. In the U.S. in 2021, almost 12 million people visited the emergency room for injuries related to consumer products. Defective products can include motor vehicle componenets, children's toys and other everyday items.
- Medical Malpractice — Another common cause behind personal injury claims, medical malpractice can include surgical mistakes, misdiagnosis, prescription injuries and birth injuries.
Tragic injuries can lead to incredible hardships for family members. The causes to bring a personal injury claim vary greatly. Our injury attorney team in Union, MO will fight for you no matter what your accident is. We're here to win.
Tips for Hiring an Injury Attorney in Union, MO
There are a few things you should as an attorney before hiring them. Below are a couple of questions to get you started:
- What kind of clients do you work with? It's important to know if you're putting your case in the hands of the right kind of firm (size, experience, etc.) to manage your case.
- Do you have experience with these types of cases? Have they taken on cases like yours before? Did they win?
- How much do you think my case is worth? A skilled Union, MO injury attorney will be honest about how much they think your claim is worth, and why. If they mention too little or too much, be wary.
- How much does your firm charge? Lawyer fees are a big concern. At Halvorsen Klote, we operate on a contingency basis (services are free and a we take a percentage of your compensation as our fees). If we don't win, you don't pay.
What Compensation Can I Recover For an Injury Claim in Union, MO?
The value of your injuries depends on the severity of your injuries, whether you share any blame for your injuries and the skill of your Union, MO injury attorney. Generally speaking, you are eligible for two kinds of damages: economic losses and noneconomic losses.
Economic damages reimburse you for the losses you sustained that you can put a dollar figure on. A knowledgeable injury attorney will secure full compensation for:
- Lost wages
- Lost or reduced earning potential
- Medical expenses, for example
- Emergency room care
- Surgeries and doctors appointments
- Physical rehabilitation
- Prescriptions or over-the-counter medications
- Joint replacements
- In-home care
- Assistive devices, such as crutches or vehicle modifications
Noneconomic damages seek to reimburse you for the less tangible ways your injuries have affected you. Missouri and Illinois each have their own definitions of noneconomic damages, under Missouri Senate Bill 239 and 735 ILCS 5/2-1115.2:
In Missouri, "without limitation":
- Pain and suffering
- Mental anguish
- Physical impairment
- Loss of capacity to enjoy life
- Loss of consortium
In Illinois, "including but not limited to":
- Pain and suffering
- Loss of consortium
- Loss of society
The more of an impact your injuries have had on your life, the higher your noneconomic damages will be. If you loved playing pickup basketball every weekend and now can no longer jump the same, you need to be compensated for that. Your Union, MO injury attorney at Halvorsen Klote will help an insurance company, judge or jury see things from your point of view and get you the full financial recovery you are entitled to.
Speak to an Injury Attorney in Union, MO Today
Don't wait to reach out to Halvorsen Klote if you or someone you love were injured through someone else's negligence. Our firm has gotten great results in a wide variety of claims in Union, MO and throughout the St. Louis and Southern Illinois region. Talk to an experienced personal injury lawyer in Union, MO as soon as possible at 866-382-4167 or contact us online for a no-risk, no-obligation case review.