Injury Attorney in Chamois, MO
St. Louis and Southern Illinois Personal Injury Lawyers
Call 866-382-4167 for a Free Consultation | St. Louis Injury Attorneys
Injury Attorney in Chamois, MO. Halvorsen Klote represents clients in the Greater St. Louis area and Southern Illinois. Our firm knows that a serious injury can cause immediate financial, physical and emotional hardships for a family or individual's economic or personal situation. Halvorsen Klote's Chamois, MO injury attorneys help victims get the compensation they deserve after a tragic accident.
If you are injured in a car accident or truck accident, via medical malpractice, lost someone due to wrongful death, were injured at work or by a product, Halvorsen Klote's injury attorneys will stand by your side. Halvorsen Kote supports survivors and injury victims recover any damages they are legally entitled to after an accident. This may include pain and suffering, medical bills, lost wages, and other damages that we will discuss later on. Contact our now for more information. We don't get paid unless you win.
What Can an Injury Attorney in Chamois, MO Do For Me?
An injury attorney will handle all the legal aspects of your case while you focus on your physical recovery. When you hire a Halvorsen Klote Chamois, MO injury attorney, we will:
- Investigate your claim, obtain all relevant evidence and come up with a legal strategy to win your claim
- Accurately determine how much your claim is worth
- Make a settlement demand to the insurance company
- Negotiate with the insurance adjuster, including using alternative dispute resolution methods like mediation if we have to
- File a lawsuit in court if the insurance company won't be fair in negotiation
- Fight for you to trial if we have to
- Keep you up to date on the status of your claim
- Provide you with peace of mind and dispel any doubts you may have about your claim
You didn't do anything to get hurt, but you do have legal options. Speak to an injury attorney at Halvorsen Klote now at 866-382-4167 to get started on being made whole again.
The following are some helpful links and legal FAQs from your Chamois, MO injury attorney team at Halvorsen Klote:
- How Much Is My Personal Injury Claim Worth?
- If an Insurance Company Pays for Property Damage, Do I Still Need an Attorney for my Injuries Claim?
- Why Do I Need a Lawyer?
- How Long Does it Take to Get a Settlement?
- Will My Personal Injury Claim Go to Court?
- Who Is Liable in a Car Accident?
- Do I Need a Lawyer if I'm in a Car Accident?
- Can I Sue if I Was Partially At Fault?
- Is There a Time Limit to File a Lawsuit?
Common Personal Injury Claims in Chamois, MO
The injury attorneys at Halvorsen Klote have managed countless claims for victims in the Chamois, MO area. Here are some of the most common types of injury cases our firm comes up against:
- Automotive Accidents — Vehicular accidents account for about 1.9 million injuries each year (and about 30,000 fatalities). Auto accidents are often caused by speeding, distracted driving, drunk driving and intersections.
- Premises Liability — These claims typically involve dog bites, defective "conditions," fires, toxins, slips and falls, ice and other hazards that can cause injuries on another person's premises.
- Workers' Compensation Claims — Based on data from the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics, in 2021 there were over 2 million recorded injuries or illnesses that took place on the job, and over 5,000 employment-related deaths. Accidents on the job can range from repetitive trauma to losing a limb. It is important to contact a knowledgeable workers' compensation attorney as soon as possible after a work injury.
- Product Liability — Products that malfunction can cause devastating injuries. There may be manufacturing defects, failure to include warnings, and even design errors that lead to injuries. In the U.S. in 2021, 11.7 millions people went to the emergency room for injuries resulting from defective products. Defective products can include poor brakes on a car, household appliances and other everyday goods.
- Medical Malpractice — Another common cause behind personal injury claims, medical malpractice is often related to surgical error, delayed diagnosis, prescribing the wrong medication and birth injuries.
A death or devastating injury can cause emotional and financial stress to family members. The causes to bring a personal injury claim vary greatly. Halvorsen Klote's injury attorney team in Chamois, MO are here to help no matter what your situation is. We're here to get you the compensation you are entitled to.
Tips for Hiring an Injury Attorney in Chamois, MO
There are several things you should look for when you hire a lawyer to represent your case. Below are a few questions to get you started:
- What kind of clients do you typically represent? You need to know if you're putting your case in the hands of the right kind of firm (size, experience, etc.) to handle your case.
- What kind of experience do you have? Have they handled your specific type of case before? What were the results?
- What do you think the value of my claim is? An experienced Chamois, MO injury attorney will be honest about how much they think your claim is worth, and why. If they mention too little or too much, be wary.
- How much does your firm charge? Lawyer fees are a big concern. At Halvorsen Klote, we operate on a contingency basis (services are free and a we take a percentage of your compensation as our fees). We charge no fees unless we win your claim.
What Damages Is Available For My Injuries in Chamois, MO?
The amount you receive in compensation often depends on the seriousness of your injuries and how they affect your life, whether you share any blame for your injuries and the abilities of your Chamois, MO injury attorney. Generally speaking, the type of compensation you receive will fall into one of two types of damages: economic losses and noneconomic losses.
Economic damages compensate you for the financial toll your injuries have caused you. A skilled injury attorney will help you receive full compensation for:
- Lost wages
- Lost or reduced earning capacity
- Medical expenses, including
- Emergency room care
- Surgeries and doctors appointments
- Physical rehabilitation
- Prescriptions or over-the-counter medications
- Joint replacements
- In-home care
- Assistive devices, such as crutches or home modifications
Noneconomic damages are meant to reimburse you for the less tangible ways your injuries have affected you. Missouri and Illinois each have their own definitions of noneconomic damages, under Missouri Senate Bill 239 and 735 ILCS 5/2-1115.2:
In Missouri, "without limitation":
- Pain and suffering
- Mental anguish
- Physical impairment
- Loss of capacity to enjoy life
- Loss of consortium
In Illinois, "including but not limited to":
- Pain and suffering
- Loss of consortium
- Loss of society
The more of an impact your injuries have had on your life, the higher your noneconomic damages will be. If you loved playing piano and now your hands shake, you you deserve justice and recognition. Your Chamois, MO injury attorney at Halvorsen Klote will help an insurance company, judge or jury see things from your point of view and get you the full financial recovery you are entitled to.
Call an Injury Attorney in Chamois, MO Now
Don't wait to get in touch with Halvorsen Klote if you or someone you love were in an accident. Our firm has gotten great results in a wide variety of claims in Chamois, MO and throughout the St. Louis and Southern Illinois region. Talk to an experienced personal injury lawyer in Chamois, MO today at 866-382-4167 or contact us online for a complimentary case review.