Injury Attorney in Lake St. Louis, MO
St. Louis and Southern Illinois Personal Injury Lawyers
Call 866-382-4167 for a Free Consultation | St. Louis Injury Attorneys
Injury Attorney in Lake St. Louis, MO. Halvorsen Klote represents clients in the Greater St. Louis area and Southern Illinois. Our firm knows that a major injury can cause serious difficulties for a family or individual's personal and economic situation. Halvorsen Klote's Lake St. Louis, MO injury attorneys help victims and their families recover compensation after unexpected injuries and accidents.
If you are injured in a car accident or truck accident, via medical malpractice, lost someone you love in a wrongful death, were hurt at work or because of a defective product, Halvorsen Klote's injury attorneys are here to help. Halvorsen Kote supports survivors and injury victims recover any damages they may be owed after an accident. This may include pain and suffering, medical expenses, lost wages, and other losses that we will discuss further down this page. Contact Halvorsen Klote today for a case review and consultation. We don't get paid unless you win.
What Can an Injury Attorney in Lake St. Louis, MO Do For Me?
An injury attorney can be your advocate and fight the legal battle for you while you spend your energy on healing. When you hire a Halvorsen Klote Lake St. Louis, MO injury attorney, we will:
- Investigate your claim, gather all relevant evidence and come up with a legal strategy to win your claim
- Accurately determine how much your claim is worth
- Send a settlement demand letter to the insurance company
- Negotiate with the insurance adjuster, which may include alternative dispute resolution methods like mediation if we have to
- File a lawsuit in court if we cannot secure maximum compensation in negotiation
- Take the case in front of a judge and jury if we have to
- Ensure you know what's going on in your claim
- Give you peace of mind and dispel any doubts you may have about your claim
You didn't do anything to get hurt, but you don't have to go through this process alone. Call an injury attorney at Halvorsen Klote today at 866-382-4167 to get started on being made whole again.
Below are some helpful links and legal FAQs from your Lake St. Louis, MO injury attorney team at Halvorsen Klote:
- How Much Is My Personal Injury Claim Worth?
- If an Insurance Company Pays for Property Damage, Do I Still Need an Attorney for my Injuries Claim?
- Why Do I Need a Lawyer?
- How Long Does it Take to Get a Settlement?
- Will My Personal Injury Claim Go to Court?
- Who Is Liable in a Car Accident?
- Do I Need a Lawyer if I'm in a Car Accident?
- Can I Sue if I Was Partially At Fault?
- Is There a Time Limit to File a Lawsuit?
Common Injury Cases in Lake St. Louis, MO
The personal injury attorneys at HK Law have managed countless cases for victims in the Lake St. Louis, MO area. Below are a few of the most common types of personal injury cases we have experience with:
- Motor Vehicle Accidents — Motor vehicle accidents account for about 1.9 million injuries each year (and about 30,000 fatalities). Auto accidents are often caused by speeding, distracted driving, drunk driving and poorly designed roadways.
- Premises Liability — These claims usually involve slips and falls, swimming pool accidents, fires, insufficient security, dog bite and other hazards that cause injuries on another person's premises.
- Workers' Compensation Claims — Based on data from the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics, in 2021 there were more than 2 million recorded injuries or illnesses that took place on the job, and 5,190 work-related deaths. Accidents on the job can range from repetitive trauma to losing a limb. It is important to contact a knowledgeable work-comp lawyer as soon as possible after a work injury.
- Product Liability — Products that malfunction can cause serious harm. There may be manufacturing defects, poorly issued warning labels or instructions, and even design errors that victims deserve compensation for. In the U.S. in 2021, 11.7 millions people visited the emergency room for injuries related to consumer products. Defective products can include poor brakes on a car, household appliances and other everyday goods.
- Medical Malpractice — Another common type of injury case, medical malpractice is often related to surgical error, delayed diagnosis, prescription errors and birth injuries.
A death or devastating injury can cause emotional and financial hardships to family members. The circumstances surrounding each injury is unique. Halvorsen Klote's injury attorney team in Lake St. Louis, MO are here to help regardless of the particulars of your case. We're here to win.
Question to Ask an Injury Attorney in Lake St. Louis, MO
There are a few things you should look for before you hire an attorney to represent your case. Below are a few questions to get you started:
- What kind of clients do you work with? You need to know if you're putting your case in the hands of the right kind of firm (size, experience, etc.) that understands your needs.
- What kind of experience do you have? Have they handled cases like yours before? Were they able to get a fair recovery for their clients?
- How much do you think my case is worth? An experienced Lake St. Louis, MO injury attorney will be honest about how much they think your claim is worth, and why. If they mention too little or too much, be wary.
- How much does your firm charge? Lawyer fees are a big concern. At Halvorsen Klote, we charge on a contingency basis (you pay nothing upfront and you agree to pay us a portion of your recovery). If we don't win, you don't pay.
What Damages Can Be Recovered For a Personal Injury Case in Lake St. Louis, MO?
The amount you receive in compensation often depends on the severity of your injuries, whether you are partially at fault for your injuries and the abilities of your Lake St. Louis, MO injury attorney. Generally speaking, the type of compensation you receive will fall into one of two kinds of damages: economic losses and noneconomic losses.
Economic damages reimburse you for the losses you sustained that you can put a dollar amount on. An experienced injury attorney will help you receive full compensation for:
- Lost wages
- Lost or reduced earning potential
- Medical bills, for example
- Emergency room visits
- Surgeries and doctors appointments
- Physical therapy
- Joint replacements
- In-home care
- Assistive devices, such as crutches or vehicle improvements
Noneconomic damages seek to reimburse you for the emotional and physical burden your injuries have placed on you. Missouri and Illinois each have their own definitions of noneconomic damages, under Missouri Senate Bill 239 and 735 ILCS 5/2-1115.2:
In Missouri, "without limitation":
- Pain and suffering
- Mental anguish
- Physical impairment
- Loss of capacity to enjoy life
- Loss of consortium
In Illinois, "including but not limited to":
- Pain and suffering
- Loss of consortium
- Loss of society
The more severe your injuries, the higher your noneconomic damages will be. If you loved playing pickup basketball every weekend and now can no longer run at full speed, you you deserve justice and recognition. Your Lake St. Louis, MO injury attorney at Halvorsen Klote will help an insurance company, judge or jury see things from your point of view and get you the full financial recovery you are owed.
Reach Out to an Injury Attorney in Lake St. Louis, MO Now
Don't wait to call Halvorsen Klote if you or someone you love were injured through no fault of their own. Our firm has won millions for car accident victims, in wrongful death cases, and in other claims in Lake St. Louis, MO and beyond. Talk to an experienced personal injury lawyer in Lake St. Louis, MO at your earliest convenience at 866-382-4167 or contact us online for a no-risk, no-obligation case review.