Injury Attorney in Lebanon, MO
St. Louis and Southern Illinois Personal Injury Lawyers
Call 866-382-4167 for a No-Risk, No-Obligation Consultation | St. Louis Injury Attorneys
Injury Attorney in Lebanon, MO. Halvorsen Klote serves victims and their families in Metro St. Louis and Southern Illinois. Our firm understands that a major injury can create repercussions for a family or individual's personal and economic situation. Halvorsen Klote's Lebanon, MO injury attorneys help victims get the compensation they deserve after a tragic accident.
If you are injured in a car accident or truck accident, via medical malpractice, lost someone you care about in a wrongful death, were hurt on the job or because of a defective product, Halvorsen Klote's injury attorneys fight on your behalf. Halvorsen Kote supports survivors and injury victims recover any damages they are legally entitled to due to an injury. This can include pain and suffering, medical expenses, lost wages, and other losses we'll discuss further down this page. Contact our now for a case review and consultation. No recovery? We don't get paid.
How Can an Injury Attorney in Lebanon, MO Help My Claim?
An injury attorney can be your advocate and fight the legal battle for you while you spend your energy on healing. As part of our representation in Lebanon, MO, your Halvorsen Klote injury attorney will:
- Investigate your claim, gather all relevant evidence and develop a legal strategy to win your claim
- Reliably determine the value of your damages
- Make a settlement demand to the insurance company
- Negotiate with the insurance company, which may include alternative dispute resolution processes like mediation if we have to
- File a lawsuit in court if the insurance company won't be fair in negotiation
- Take the case in front of a judge and jury if necessary
- Keep you up to date on the status of your claim
- Give you peace of mind and dispel any doubts you may have about the process
You didn't do anything to get hurt, but you don't have to go through this process alone. Speak to an injury attorney at Halvorsen Klote as soon as possible at 866-382-4167 to get started on receiving justice and maximum compensation.
Below are some helpful links and legal FAQs from your Lebanon, MO injury attorney team at Halvorsen Klote:
- How Much Is My Personal Injury Claim Worth?
- If an Insurance Company Pays for Property Damage, Do I Still Need an Attorney for my Injuries Claim?
- Why Do I Need a Lawyer?
- How Long Does it Take to Get a Settlement?
- Will My Personal Injury Claim Go to Court?
- Who Is Liable in a Car Accident?
- Do I Need a Lawyer if I'm in a Car Accident?
- Can I Sue if I Was Partially At Fault?
- Is There a Time Limit to File a Lawsuit?
Common Injury Cases in Lebanon, MO
The injury attorneys at Halvorsen Klote have managed countless claims for victims in the Lebanon, MO area. Below are a few of the most common types of personal injury cases we have experience with:
- Automotive Accidents — Traffic-related accidents account for about 1.9 million injuries each year (and about 30,000 fatalities). Many of these accidents involve large trucks, speeding, distracted driving, drunk driving and poorly designed roadways.
- Premises Liability — These claims usually involve dog bites, defective "conditions," fires, toxins, slips and falls, ice and other hazards that cause injuries on another person's property.
- Workplace Accidents — According to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics, in 2021 there were more than 2 million recorded injury or illness cases in the workplace, and over 5,000 work-related fatalities. Workplace injuries include chemical exposure, repetitive trauma and even losing a body part. It's important to contact an experienced workers' compensation attorney as soon as possible after a work injury.
- Product Liability — Products that malfunction can cause devastating injuries. There may be manufacturing defects, failure to include warnings, or even design defects that victims deserve compensation for. Nationwide in 2021, 11.7 millions people visited the emergency room for injuries resulting from defective products. Defective products can include motor vehicle componenets, children's toys and other everyday goods.
- Medical Malpractice — Another common type of injury case, medical malpractice is often related to surgical mistakes, failure to diagnose, prescription injuries and birth injuries.
Tragic injuries can lead to incredible hardships for family members. The causes to bring a personal injury case vary greatly. Halvorsen Klote's injury attorney team in Lebanon, MO will fight for you regardless of the particulars of your case. We're here to get you the compensation you are owed.
Tips for Hiring an Injury Attorney in Lebanon, MO
There are several things you should as an attorney before hiring them. Below are a few questions to help you make the best decision for your claim:
- What kind of clients do you work with? You need to know if you're putting your case in the hands of the right kind of firm (size, experience, etc.) that understands your needs.
- What kind of experience do you have? Have they taken on your specific type of case before? Were they able to get a fair recovery for their clients?
- What do you think the value of my claim is? An experienced Lebanon, MO injury attorney will be honest about how much they think your claim is worth, and why. If they mention too little or too much, be wary.
- How much does it cost for your services? Lawyer fees are an obvious concern. At Halvorsen Klote, we operate on a contingency basis (you pay nothing upfront and a we take a percentage of your compensation as our fees). We charge no fees unless you get the compensation you are owed.
What Compensation Is Available For My Injuries in Lebanon, MO?
How much receive in compensation often depends on the seriousness of your injuries and how they affect your life, whether you are partially at fault for the accident and the skill of your Lebanon, MO injury attorney. Generally speaking, the type of compensation you receive will fall into one of two kinds of damages: economic losses and noneconomic losses.
Economic damages reimburse you for the bills and expenses your injuries cause. A knowledgeable injury attorney will help you receive full compensation for:
- Lost wages
- Lost or reduced earning capacity
- Medical bills, such as
- Emergency room visits
- Surgeries and doctors appointments
- Physical rehabilitation
- Joint replacements
- In-home care
- Assistive devices, such as wheelchairs or home improvements
Noneconomic damages seek to compensate you for the less tangible ways your injuries have affected you. Missouri and Illinois each have their own definitions of noneconomic damages, under Missouri Senate Bill 239 and 735 ILCS 5/2-1115.2:
In Missouri, "without limitation":
- Pain and suffering
- Mental anguish
- Physical impairment
- Loss of capacity to enjoy life
- Loss of consortium
In Illinois, "including but not limited to":
- Pain and suffering
- Loss of consortium
- Loss of society
The more severe your injuries, the more your noneconomic damages will be. If you loved playing pickup basketball every weekend and now can no longer run at full speed, you you deserve justice and recognition. Your Lebanon, MO injury attorney at Halvorsen Klote will help an insurance company, judge or jury see things from your point of view and get you the full financial recovery you deserve.
Call an Injury Attorney in Lebanon, MO Today
Don't wait to call Halvorsen Klote if you or someone you love were injured through no fault of their own. Our firm has gotten great results in a wide variety of claims in Lebanon, MO and beyond. Talk to an experienced personal injury lawyer in Lebanon, MO at your earliest convenience at 866-382-4167 or contact us online for a no-risk, no-obligation case evaluation.
Attorney at Law
Joel Halvorsen and his partner Greg Klote founded the Halvorsen Klote law firm on the principle that injured people and their families should have access to the same quality legal representation as large insurance companies.
Attorney at Law
Greg Klote is a partner and founder of Halvorsen Klote.
Greg has successfully fought for people who were injured through no fault of their own. He became a lawyer to help make a difference in the lives of those who have been wronged and treated unfairly.