Injury Attorney in Barnhart, MO
St. Louis and Southern Illinois Personal Injury Lawyers
Call 866-382-4167 for a No-Risk, No-Obligation Case Review | St. Louis Injury Attorneys
Injury Attorney in Barnhart, MO. Halvorsen Klote represents clients in the Greater St. Louis area and Southern Illinois. Our firm understands that a serious injury can create repercussions for a family or individual's economic or personal situation. Halvorsen Klote's Barnhart, MO injury attorneys help victims and their families get the compensation they deserve after a tragic accident.
If you're injured in a car accident or truck accident, via medical malpractice, lost a family member in a wrongful death, were injured during the course of employment or want to make a product liability claim, Halvorsen Klote's injury attorneys are here to help. Halvorsen Kote supports survivors and injury victims recover any damages they may be owed after an accident. This can include pain and suffering, medical expenses, lost wages, and other losses that we'll discuss in this article. Contact Halvorsen Klote today for a case review and consultation. No recovery? We don't get paid.
How Can an Injury Attorney in Barnhart, MO Help My Claim?
An injury attorney will handle all investigation, documentation and litigation while you focus on healing. As part of our legal services in Barnhart, MO, your Halvorsen Klote injury attorney will:
- Make a complete investigation into your injuries, gather evidence needed and come up with a legal strategy to prove liability
- Precisely calculate how much your injuries are worth
- Make a settlement demand to the insurance company
- Negotiate with the insurance company, including using alternative dispute resolution processes like mediation if we have to
- File a lawsuit in court if we cannot secure maximum compensation in negotiation
- Take the case to trial if we have to
- Ensure you know what's going on in your claim
- Give you peace of mind and dispel any doubts you may have about your claim
You didn't deserve to be injured, but we are here to help guide you through your claim. Call an injury attorney at Halvorsen Klote today at 866-382-4167 to get started on being made whole again.
The following are some helpful links and legal FAQs from your Barnhart, MO injury attorney team at Halvorsen Klote:
- How Much Is My Personal Injury Claim Worth?
- If an Insurance Company Pays for Property Damage, Do I Still Need an Attorney for my Injuries Claim?
- Why Do I Need a Lawyer?
- How Long Does it Take to Get a Settlement?
- Will My Personal Injury Claim Go to Court?
- Who Is Liable in a Car Accident?
- Do I Need a Lawyer if I'm in a Car Accident?
- Can I Sue if I Was Partially At Fault?
- Is There a Time Limit to File a Lawsuit?
Common Injury Cases in Barnhart, MO
The injury attorneys at Halvorsen Klote have managed countless cases for victims in the Barnhart, MO area. Below are a few of the most common types of personal injury cases we have experience with:
- Motor Vehicle Accidents — Auto accidents account for about 1.9 million injuries each year (and about 30,000 fatalities). Many of these accidents involve large trucks, speeding, distracted driving, drunk driving and intersections.
- Premises Liability — These claims typically involve slips and falls, swimming pool accidents, fires, toxic fumes, dog bite and other hazards that cause injuries on another person's premises.
- Workers' Compensation Claims — According to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics, in 2021 there were over 2 million recorded injuries or illnesses that occurred on the job, and over 5,000 employment-related fatalities. Accidents on the job can range from repetitive trauma to losing a limb. It is important to contact a knowledgeable work-comp attorney as soon as possible after a work injury.
- Product Liability — Products that are not designed, manufactured and marketed appropriately can cause devastating injuries. There may be manufacturing defects, poorly issued warning labels or instructions, and even design defects that victims deserve compensation for. In the U.S. in 2021, 11.7 millions people went to the emergency room for injuries related to consumer products. Defective products can include bad brakes on a car, children's toys and other everyday goods.
- Medical Malpractice — Another common cause behind personal injury claims, medical malpractice is often related to surgical mistakes, failure to diagnose, prescription errors and birth injuries.
A death or serious injury can cause emotional and financial burdens to family members. The circumstances surrounding each injury is unique. Halvorsen Klote's injury attorney team in Barnhart, MO will fight for you regardless of the particulars of your case. We're here to win.
Tips for Hiring an Injury Attorney in Barnhart, MO
There are several things you should as an attorney before hiring them. Below are a few questions to get you started:
- What kind of clients do you typically represent? It's important to know if you are contacting the right kind of firm (size, experience, etc.) to handle your case.
- What kind of experience do you have? Have they taken on your specific type of case before? Were they able to get a fair recovery for their clients?
- What do you think the value of my injuries are? A skilled Barnhart, MO injury attorney will be honest about how much they think your claim is worth, and why. If they mention too little or too much, be wary.
- How much does it cost for your services? Lawyer fees are a big concern. At Halvorsen Klote, we charge on a contingency basis (you pay nothing upfront and a we take a percentage of your compensation as our fees). If we don't win, you don't pay.
What Compensation Is Available For My Injuries in Barnhart, MO?
The value of your injuries depends on the seriousness of your injuries and how they affect your life, whether you share any blame for your injuries and the abilities of your Barnhart, MO injury attorney. Generally speaking, the type of compensation you receive will fall into one of two kinds of damages: economic losses and noneconomic losses.
Economic damages compensate you for the losses you sustained that you can put a dollar figure on. A knowledgeable injury attorney will help you receive full compensation for:
- Lost wages
- Lost or reduced earning potential
- Medical expenses, including
- Emergency room visits
- Surgeries and doctors appointments
- Physical therapy
- Prescriptions or over-the-counter medications
- Joint replacements
- In-home care
- Assistive devices, such as wheelchairs or vehicle modifications
Noneconomic damages seek to reimburse you for your damages that are harder to put a dollar amount on. Missouri and Illinois each have their own definitions of noneconomic damages, under Missouri Senate Bill 239 and 735 ILCS 5/2-1115.2:
In Missouri, "without limitation":
- Pain and suffering
- Mental anguish
- Physical impairment
- Loss of capacity to enjoy life
- Loss of consortium
In Illinois, "including but not limited to":
- Pain and suffering
- Loss of consortium
- Loss of society
The more severe your injuries, the higher you'll eventually recover. If you loved playing piano and now you can't sit up straight at the bench, you you deserve justice and recognition. Your Barnhart, MO injury attorney at Halvorsen Klote will help an insurance adjuster, judge or jury see things from your point of view and get you the full financial recovery you deserve.
Reach Out to an Injury Attorney in Barnhart, MO Now
Don't hesitate to get in touch with Halvorsen Klote if you or someone you love were in an accident. Our firm has won millions for car accident victims, in wrongful death cases, and in other claims in Barnhart, MO and throughout the St. Louis and Southern Illinois region. Talk to an experienced personal injury lawyer in Barnhart, MO as soon as possible at 866-382-4167 or contact us online for a free case evaluation.
Attorney at Law
Joel Halvorsen and his partner Greg Klote founded the Halvorsen Klote law firm on the principle that injured people and their families should have access to the same quality legal representation as large insurance companies.
Attorney at Law
Greg Klote is a partner and founder of Halvorsen Klote.
Greg has successfully fought for people who were injured through no fault of their own. He became a lawyer to help make a difference in the lives of those who have been wronged and treated unfairly.