Injury Attorney in Osage Beach, MO
St. Louis and Southern Illinois Personal Injury Lawyers
Call 866-382-4167 for a No-Risk, No-Obligation Consultation | St. Louis Injury Attorneys
Injury Attorney in Osage Beach, MO. Halvorsen Klote serves victims and their families in Metro St. Louis and Southern Illinois. Our team understands that a serious injury can create immediate financial, physical and emotional hardships for a family or individual's economic or personal situation. Halvorsen Klote's Osage Beach, MO injury attorneys help victims and their families get the compensation they deserve after a tragic accident.
If you're injured in a car accident or truck accident, via medical malpractice, lost a family member in a wrongful death, were injured at work or by a product, Halvorsen Klote's injury attorneys will stand by your side. Halvorsen Kote supports survivors and injury victims recover any damages they are legally entitled to after an accident. This can include pain and suffering, medical bills, lost wages, and other losses that we will discuss in this article. Contact our today for a case review and consultation. We don't get paid unless you win.
What Can an Injury Attorney in Osage Beach, MO Do For Me?
An injury attorney can fight on your behalf while you spend your energy on healing. As part of our legal services in Osage Beach, MO, your Halvorsen Klote injury attorney will:
- Investigate your claim, obtain evidence needed and develop a legal strategy to prove liability
- Reliably calculate how much your claim is worth
- Make a settlement demand to the insurance adjuster
- Negotiate with the insurance adjuster, which may include alternative dispute resolution processes like mediation if we have to
- File a lawsuit in court if the insurance company won't be fair in negotiation
- Take the fight in front of a judge and jury if we have to
- Ensure you know what's going on in your claim
- Provide you with peace of mind and dispel any doubts you may have about your claim
You were injured through no fault of your own, but you do have legal options. Call an injury attorney at Halvorsen Klote as soon as possible at 866-382-4167 to start on the path to being made whole again.
Here are some helpful links and legal FAQs from your Osage Beach, MO injury attorney team at Halvorsen Klote:
- How Much Is My Personal Injury Claim Worth?
- If an Insurance Company Pays for Property Damage, Do I Still Need an Attorney for my Injuries Claim?
- Why Do I Need a Lawyer?
- How Long Does it Take to Get a Settlement?
- Will My Personal Injury Claim Go to Court?
- Who Is Liable in a Car Accident?
- Do I Need a Lawyer if I'm in a Car Accident?
- Can I Sue if I Was Partially At Fault?
- Is There a Time Limit to File a Lawsuit?
Common Injury Claims in Osage Beach, MO
The personal injury attorneys at HK Law have managed countless cases for victims in the Osage Beach, MO area. Below are a few of the most common types of injury cases our firm comes up against:
- Automotive Accidents — Motor vehicle accidents account for about 1.9 million injuries each year (and about 30,000 fatalities). Many of these accidents involve large trucks, speeding, distracted driving, drunk driving and intersections.
- Premises Liability — These cases often involve slips and falls, swimming pool accidents, fires, toxic fumes, dog bite and other hazards that may cause injuries on someone's premises.
- Workplace Accidents — According to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics, in 2021 there were over 2 million recorded injury or illness cases in the workplace, and over 5,000 work-related deaths. Accidents on the job can range from repetitive trauma to losing a limb. It's important to contact a knowledgeable work-comp attorney as soon as possible after a work injury.
- Product Liability — Products that are not designed, manufactured and marketed properly can cause serious harm. There may be manufacturing defects, poorly issued warning labels or instructions, and even design defects that lead to injuries. In the U.S. in 2021, 11.7 millions people visited the emergency room for injuries resulting from defective products. Defective products can include poor brakes on a car, household appliances and other everyday goods.
- Medical Malpractice — Another common type of injury case, medical malpractice can include surgical error, failure to diagnose, prescribing the wrong medication and birth injuries.
A death or devastating injury can cause emotional and financial hardships to family members. The causes to bring an injury claim vary greatly. Halvorsen Klote's injury attorney team in Osage Beach, MO will fight for you no matter what your accident is. We are here to win.
Tips for Hiring an Injury Attorney in Osage Beach, MO
There are a few things you should look for when you hire a lawyer to represent your case. Below are a few questions to help you make the best decision for your case:
- What kind of clients do you typically represent? It's important to know if you're putting your case in the hands of the right kind of firm (size, experience, etc.) to handle your case.
- Do you have experience with my type of injury claim? Have they taken on cases like yours before? Did they win?
- How much do you think my case is worth? An experienced Osage Beach, MO injury attorney will be honest about how much they think your claim is worth, and why. If they mention too little or too much, be wary.
- How much does your firm charge? Lawyer fees are a big concern. At Halvorsen Klote, we work on a contingency basis (you pay nothing upfront and a we take a percentage of your compensation as our fees). We charge no fees unless we win your claim.
What Compensation Can Be Recovered For an Injury Case in Osage Beach, MO?
The value of your claim depends on the severity of your injuries, whether you share any blame for the accident and the abilities of your Osage Beach, MO injury attorney. Typically, the type of compensation you receive will fall into one of two categories of damages: economic losses and noneconomic losses.
Economic damages compensate you for the losses you sustained that you can put a dollar figure on. A skilled injury attorney will secure full compensation for:
- Lost wages
- Lost or reduced earning capacity
- Medical expenses, including
- Emergency room care
- Surgeries and doctors appointments
- Physical rehabilitation
- Prescriptions or over-the-counter medications
- Joint replacements
- In-home care
- Assistive devices, such as wheelchairs or vehicle modifications
Noneconomic damages are intended to reimburse you for your damages that are harder to put a dollar figure on. Missouri and Illinois each define noneconomic damages a little differently, according to Missouri Senate Bill 239 and 735 ILCS 5/2-1115.2:
In Missouri, "without limitation":
- Pain and suffering
- Mental anguish
- Physical impairment
- Loss of capacity to enjoy life
- Loss of consortium
In Illinois, "including but not limited to":
- Pain and suffering
- Loss of consortium
- Loss of society
The more of an impact your injuries have had on your life, the more you'll eventually recover. If you loved playing piano and now you can't sit up straight at the bench, you you deserve justice and recognition. Your Osage Beach, MO injury attorney at Halvorsen Klote will help an insurance company, judge or jury understand how your injuries have affected you and get you the full financial recovery you are owed.
Call an Injury Attorney in Osage Beach, MO Now
Don't wait to reach out to Halvorsen Klote if you or someone you love were in an accident. Our firm has gotten great results in a wide variety of claims in Osage Beach, MO and beyond. Talk to an experienced personal injury lawyer in Osage Beach, MO now at 866-382-4167 or contact us online for a free case review.
Attorney at Law
Joel Halvorsen and his partner Greg Klote founded the Halvorsen Klote law firm on the principle that injured people and their families should have access to the same quality legal representation as large insurance companies.
Attorney at Law
Greg Klote is a partner and founder of Halvorsen Klote.
Greg has successfully fought for people who were injured through no fault of their own. He became a lawyer to help make a difference in the lives of those who have been wronged and treated unfairly.